I have too many ADR's I want!

mom of 3G's

DIS Veteran
I will have 7 TS meals and according to my "wants" I will need 9:eek: It will be me, DH, DS(9), DS (6) and DD (turning 3 on the trip). I do need to keep O'hana as that will be our anniversary dinner, and I need a place for DD 3rd b-day meal.

Take a peek and see if there is one or two I should leave out, or pay OOP. I guess another option would be to spring for deluxe dining.:idea:

Whispering Canyon dinner
Sci-Fi lunch or dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Akershus breakfast
Coral Reef dinner
Ohana dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast
CRT lunch

I'm not sure how important some of the adrs are to you, but the easiest solution would be to drop CRT because it's 2 TS credits and you would still get to see the princesses at Akershus anyway. Or drop Akershus brkfst (since you would be going to CRT) & one other TS - I would choose either Tusker House or Whispering Canyon. Or just pay OOP - you would have to figure out the best way to do it - usually when we do CRT we pay OOP for it and use the 2 TS credits elsewhere.

I would only choose one of the princess meals, either CRT or Akershus. I was going to do both at first but then realized that it really wasn't necessary. We have CRT booked for dinner and dropped Akershus.

I'm not sure how important some of the adrs are to you, but the easiest solution would be to drop CRT because it's 2 TS credits and you would still get to see the princesses at Akershus anyway. Or drop Akershus brkfst (since you would be going to CRT) & one other TS - I would choose either Tusker House or Whispering Canyon. Or just pay OOP - you would have to figure out the best way to do it - usually when we do CRT we pay OOP for it and use the 2 TS credits elsewhere.

This is exactly what I was about to suggest! I personally love Akershus and you get a lot of Princess interaction there!! I would do this for your daughters birthday because you get a free photo in most cases so you could have that for her birthday!!! Good Luck!
Magical Wishes:wizard:

I would definately cancel CRT. You will get plenty of princess time @ Akershus and save yourself 2 TS credits. :)

I am the dissenting opinion here: Pay OOP for CRT, don't use your credits for that one. Definitely don't spring for deluxe dining. We always pay OOP for CRT. :confused3

Honestly, I think paying for the 2 breakfasts (chef Mickey's & Tusker House) would be your best bet OOP or even Sci-Fi lunch. At least that is what I have calculated. Personally, I would keep CRT & Akershus, we really enjoyed both of them and for a 3 year old (especially for a birthday trip), never enough princesses!

However, if I were to cancel, I would cancel Sci-Fi, it was ok, nothing too magnificent.

We are kind of in the same situation. We are going for an extended stay in December, from the 11th to the 27th, and there are a couple of restaurants my son wants to eat at that take 2 credits. Hoop dee doo, and Narcoosee's. He loves lobster and we ate there when we were there last time and it was amazing. To be honest I want Narcoosee's as well. And it may seem silly but I did not start going to Disney World until 1999 when I was 31 years old and I had always wanted to go. We went on hardly any money and ate mostly in the room but we got to go, anyway, I have always wanted to eat at Cinderella's Castle and so we will this time. Which also takes 2. I priced out upgrading to the Deluxe Dining and figured out we could pay out of pocket for three extra meals to cover the restaurants that takes 2 credits and come out $900.00 cheaper than if we upgraded for our whole trip. Of coarse our trip is 17 days and upgrading would add around 1300.00 or so because it is almost twice the price of regular dining plan, so for us it is better to pay out of pocket for a couple of meals. I would look at allearsnet and see which places have the lowest priced meals and pay out of pocket for those and let the dining plan cover the rest. That is what we are doing. But whatever works for you.

I will have 7 TS meals and according to my "wants" I will need 9:eek: It will be me, DH, DS(9), DS (6) and DD (turning 3 on the trip). I do need to keep O'hana as that will be our anniversary dinner, and I need a place for DD 3rd b-day meal.

Take a peek and see if there is one or two I should leave out, or pay OOP. I guess another option would be to spring for deluxe dining.:idea:

Whispering Canyon dinner
Sci-Fi lunch or dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Akershus breakfast
Coral Reef dinner
Ohana dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast
CRT lunch

You have some wonderful reservations! Can I come too? Seriously though, I'd only do one of the Princess meals if it was my scheduling. And if it was me, I'd do the Princess meal on DD's 3rd birthday. We had Akershus last year (our first trip) and it was absolutely wonderful. I can't say about CRT - as we didn't get in last year, but have dinner reservations this year.

Perhaps if you wish to keep them all, tally up some estimated costs on each restaurant and pay OOP for the ones that come out cheapest. I'm not so sure that it would be worth it to pay more for Deluxe ... but you could always get a tally for it and decide what would be best for your family!

Best of luck!

I would pay for Sci-Fi lunch OOP, it will probably be along the lines of burgers and shakes which isn't too pricey.

I'd cancel Whispering Canyon, it's not so great.

others might disagree, but my vote is to upgrade to Deluxe. We decided that we wanted to do as many character meals as possible and also some 2 credit ( Narcoosee's and CRT for breakfast and lunch). for us, it's more about the experiences we're going to have than "having too much food". But, I like that since we are bringing DD4, we get to sit down and relax, eat a little and have a little break. Also, if we want a drink in the park or a Mickey ice cream bar...it's all on the plan.
With the deluxe, you can eat where ever you want and not worry...you're only OOP is tips. (so I've allotted money for that separately so that's taken care of). Think about how nice a break during the day in an air conditioned restaurant will be !:thumbsup2 You also will be able to do all of the restaurants you want to do.

I say pay OOP for CM breakfast and/or Sci Fi dinner.

Look at the menus and try to estimate the cost of your meal vs CRT cost total, keeping in mind that CRT includes tax/gratuity. For us, a family of four the breaking point was $88.36. That was the value of a dining credit of us at CRT.

We are using DDP for CRT because we have meals that will be less than $88.36 total including tax/tip, namely CP breakfast which according to our math will cost $74.65 for our family.

Since your DD is only just turning 3, I would cancel CRT and save those 2 credits. Your DD will be more than satisfied by Akershus and your sons will thank you for the reservations you have made with them in mind. (which I think you have done a fabulous job choosing) If you really have your heart set on eating at the castle, I would pay OOP. Otherwise, save it for a future trip, when your DD is old enough to really appreciate it.

One other suggestion, if I may, would be to consider also paying OOP for Sci-Fi (maybe even just to order shakes and fries, or an appetizer) and then booking the 50's Prime Time Cafe for dinner later in the day. I think your family would really enjoy dinner there, and it really makes excellent use out of your dining credit. Just a thought!

We did all of the meals on your list as first timers with a 3 year old daughter. Hands down CRT lunch was the worst food. But DD still talks about the wishing ceremony now and the pictures with cinderella are lovely.

If you want to keep CRT then maybe pay oop for sci fi? We paid oop - had burger and fries, DD shared some of mine and I got her a light up tinkerbell drink which she loved.

I'd keep them all and pay oop for the cheapest. You can then use some cs for breakfast etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter