• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I just love my DVC

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
DH, DS and I were spending some time tonight - having pizza and "family DVD night" and we decided to watch the WDW planning dvd that just arrived (yes, you'd think we have enough info after our trips, but it's still fun to watch). We moved over to the resorts area and began looking at the different resorts. And as they showed the video of VWL, I was reminded of the old DVC dvd. And how I felt when I'd see the resorts there before we bought in. And then I reminded myself with glee that now...now we can stay ANYWHERE!

Why do I love my DVC? Because eight months ago, we had a great vacation at AKL and VWL. And three months ago, we spent a wonderful week at the Beach Club Villas. And the cost? Monthly payments, already incorporated into our budget. We decided to to a "last minute" trip for DS's birthday. And we decided to take advantage of free dining. For $1290 at WL. And then? We wised up and called and switched over to points. At the Polynesian. Now that $1290 will cover airfare, car rental, food (DDE!), and shopping. Lodging? At the Poly? Monthly payments, already in budget...you get the drift.

And our Thanksgiving trip? Two nights at the AKL. Nine in a 1br at VWL. And we just found out that airfare is better if we leave the evening before. So we're going to link a cash night at AKL making it three nights there. The cost of 12 nights? $295 (before AP rate). That's it.

Now? We save for the fun stuff, and stay deluxe. I love it, love it, love it!!! We love Disney. We love our trips. And since May 2004 when we stayed at OKW, fell in love and bought DVC, we've loved our DVC. But tonight, 37 nights away from our first trip to the Polynesian, I am just full of happiness that we chose to make these monthly payments (already budgeted, blah blah blah ;) ). It makes planning so much fun. And let me just say there is no way, without DVC, that we would be able to travel so often.

Somehow, I knew you'd all understand...

Hi,

DVC sure is a better way to do a Disney vacation!!! Can't wait to go in May for my college grad trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter