I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to move them back and forth, maybe that is just the wording when you transfer... I know it tells me that for sure when I transfer between my personal and biz accts, or from DHs to mine, etc
Ok thanks. Is it more advantageous to cancel card after transferring UR to existing CF or CFU OR to PC to a new CF and retain those points on the new card?

No offer on mine or my husbands account. We both have a personal and business card so 4 cards between us.
Wahhh, neither dh nor I have any SW promos on our accounts.
I had to really look at my accounts on the desktop page to find the offer. I actually googled southwest rapid rewards promotions and it took me to the correct page. I logged into my account first. Then google searched in another tab. Took me right to it. Good luck.

Ok thanks. Is it more advantageous to cancel card after transferring UR to existing CF or CFU OR to PC to a new CF and retain those points on the new card?
Hmmmm… I think it's a personal choice at the end, but could you benefit from a 2nd Freedom on some quarters? Or would you like to keep a no AF card for your average age of accounts? If you don't care about those then you could close to simplify... I can't think of anything else right off, maybe someone else has another thought.

I had to really look at my accounts on the desktop page to find the offer. I actually googled southwest rapid rewards promotions and it took me to the correct page. I logged into my account first. Then google searched in another tab. Took me right to it. Good luck.
Thank you. I originally checked from my phone and then went back and rechecked from my desk top just in case but nothing listed on either account. Glad you got the offer though!!!

I would not cancel that card. I’d PC to CF or CFU for now. In the future if you don’t need it you can cancel but if you cancel now and later wish that you could (for example) upgrade it to CSR You would not be able to do that. :D

Is there a gift card discount site that the CIP codes as 3x on? I feel like I did this before, but can't remember what site it was...

FYI - in case you end up getting a bunch of mail or emails from Chase:
The Wall Street Journal Prime rate decreased on Aug 1st, Sept 19th, and Oct 31st. For those that care it is now down to 4.75% after reaching a 10 year high in Dec 2018 at 5.50% (sorry for the geeky banker talk there...)

At any rate, Credit Card interest rates are variable, driven off of prime plus a spread, and are reset when the prime rate moves. I know in the past at times these changes have triggered a bunch of mail and/or emails and/or notes on the statement (or statements for cards I never use). So if at some point you get a bunch of notifications don't freak out, you likely aren't being shut down or having all of your points clawed back. It may just be a notification that your interest rate as decreased.

AND if you are a good churner, this should not matter to you at all because churners should not be paying credit card interest :D

I would not cancel that card. I’d PC to CF or CFU for now. In the future if you don’t need it you can cancel but if you cancel now and later wish that you could (for example) upgrade it to CSR You would not be able to do that. :D
Okay, a few more questions. Thank for your patience.
1. PC to CF is okay if P2 already has 1 CF?
2. Will the UR on the CSP I'm PCing to a new CF transfer to that new CF?
3. Could I transfer the UR to existing P2 CF before I PC to a new CF (can you tell I'm worried about losing my stash with a PC?)?
In the future if you don’t need it you can cancel but if you cancel now and later wish that you could (for example) upgrade it to CSR You would not be able to do that. :D
Can you please explain this further? I'm lost.
5. Can I PC the CSP to new CF over SM?

Thanks so much!

Okay, a few more questions. Thank for your patience.
1. PC to CF is okay if P2 already has 1 CF?
2. Will the UR on the CSP I'm PCing to a new CF transfer to that new CF?
3. Could I transfer the UR to existing P2 CF before I PC to a new CF (can you tell I'm worried about losing my stash with a PC?)?

Can you please explain this further? I'm lost.
5. Can I PC the CSP to new CF over SM?

Thanks so much!
At one point both my wife and I each had 2 CFs...so we had 4 Freedom cards... It's possible you'll get somebody weird who says you can't, but you should be able to Produce Change (PC) with no issues. If you already have a CF perhaps it makes sense to get PC to a CFU instead though so you have one of each of those cards...

You are not going to lose your URs as long as you don't cancel the card they are tied to. You can transfer them to the other card and cancel. You can PC and you don't need to do anything... You can transfer and then PC if you want but you don't need to.

You will need to call to do a PC and it is a very easy process. They'll read some disclosures, you'll say yes, and then your card will become a CF (or CFU) and your AF will show up as refunded within a week (usually less).

The reason you want to keep this card open is in the future if you wanted to PC one of these cards to a CSR to have access to the 1.5x portal and benefits you could do that. You would then still be able to retain a CF too which most people like to have in their repertoire. My wife currently has a CSP, a CSR, a CF and a CFU (and we will play PC games with them when it makes sense for various reasons). I like having 4 cards to be able to do this.

Come to think of it my wife also has a CIC, CIU and CIP so she literally holds all 7 major Chase branded cards! HAHA, that's pretty neat!!

If I transfer UR to existing CF then could I eventually transfer them to a CSR when either of us gets that in the future for the 1.5?
yep I think this would work why not just get the CSR to begin with and combine credit lines? then you wouldn't risk anything I haven't seen anything above 50k in forever.

On DH's Amex Gold, I stacked the 10% online grocery store up to $10, with Instacart 2500 MR for $50+ up to 2x purchase, and used a link for an extra $10 off Instacart.

$114 purchase from Costco, after all the stacking was a net $26 cost.
($10 AO, $10 link discount, 5000 MR x .0125 Schwab cash out value, 416 MR for groceries x 0.0125 Schwab cash out value)

Interestingly, I didn't have to enter my Costco membership number (even though there was a blank field for it) and I used an Amex for a Costco purchase.

The prices were about 20%-30% higher going thru Instacart vs. shopping in-store, so this is not something I would do without an incentive.

Now to see if Amex does any clawbacks...

Nice stacking! I didn't get the offer on the "right" cards. Just did my last order with the offer. Shopper forgot the Costco receipt. I don't remember how much things are in store, so that was interesting to see. With tip and $1 service charge with Express, total $54. Receipt was $38. Mark-up averaged out to 17%. Second order, so no coupon. After I get $25 back, will have saved $9. Not great, but sure is convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter