I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG someone from my bank just called me and asked if I recently wrote out two large checks from my account. I had no idea what he was talking about and logged into my bank app to see that my account is negative by several hundred dollars! I clicked on the image of the checks and someone actually printed out fake checks and wrote them out. I am seriously freaked out now! Thankfully my bank caught this and contacted me but this is pretty scary.

Wow...friend a of ours had someone write over a check with their name and for a few thousand dollars they had sent to the water company...glad your bank caught it..theirs didn’t

[QUOTE="StephPlum, post: 60176995, member: 347998"

This is how I spend the week between Christmas and New Years. I'm off work so I go through the files and shred everything that is at the end of my retention limits.

In our heads, we're all hearing @SouthFayetteFan saying "Stop trying to make SUB happen" ala mean girls.:rotfl2:[/QUOTE]

Yea I need to do it on a more regular basis as I ended up with 14 Target bags full of shredded papers.

I have it and I do find the fee worth it. I'd flown twice by the second week of January (for business) and because my 12 year old daughter is my companion (thanks Companion Pass!) I was able to fly her with me for free and upgrade her from B'something to A'something on all of the necessary flights. By using my SW Priority, as you know, those fees were "free". So far, the card is a keeper!
Awesome! ‘DH’ was just approved! I’m going to try the secret DD tomorrow morning.

No guarantees but something to try - my family are all from sea level and come out here a lot, and we head to Breck mainly (not for skiing). They have learned to start taking advil preventively and drink LOTS of water even before you arrive here. If you drink alcohol, I'd avoid as it intensifies the altitude sickness.
thank you!

I am afraid of this too, if we ever go somewhere. Between my motion sickness and vertigo, I think this would surely happen to me.

I got a job!!!!!!!!!!!! Still doing the same thing, nothing new and more likeable, but it's the exact same pay and I get to work from home still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! I'm sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders!

I am afraid of this too, if we ever go somewhere. Between my motion sickness and vertigo, I think this would surely happen to me.

I got a job!!!!!!!!!!!! Still doing the same thing, nothing new and more likeable, but it's the exact same pay and I get to work from home still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the new job!!! I’m super jealous that you get to work from home!

:dancer:
:jumping1:party::jumping1:
Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you :) That's great news and so quickly, they must recognize talent and grabbed you.
Also great that it doesn't even have to put a speed bump into your CC sign up roadmap now :laughing:

We've gone over to The Club and never gone back through security. For the international flights that were arriving there was a separate train and it was clearly marked to use that train to go through customs. We typically take later flights out of MCO so I am not sure what breakfast food they have but in the evening, it has always been decent.
I think we will probably decide last minute that morning whether it’s worth it or not but thanks for sharing your experience!

Yes, absolutely me too. And I get downright crabby too. Being cold is torture for me. I want to be comfortable in shorts and a tank year round.

We went January two years ago for the first time and got to experience Florida's torrential downpours...... In 50 degree weather! We usually go in the fall so I'm used to the downpours in the heat but that was an experience. My BFF and I had just run to the store to grab groceries for the condo and we were dripping, soaked to the bone, mascara running down our faces and freezing when we got back. I'll pass on doing that again although it made for a good story.

I've never used it either. Mco is so overwhelming and such a zoo that the idea of trekking around for a lounge that may or may not be accepting PP and may or may not need an extra trip thru security - - it just is always a no go for us.

Also ...... Pulling into the airport parking lot right now! Will be getting to MK in like 12 hours ! :yay:pixiedust::dogdance::jumping1:
Awesome!!! I hope you have (had)a good flight. I woke up late today because I stayed up late last night. I’m getting a little nervous because our forecast is showing 3-5 inches of snow the night before we fly out so hopefully we will still be okay.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I still can't get used to SUB. Every time I read it I get hung up trying to think of what's it's referring to. Guess I'll need to get with the program around here.

Your not alone, every time I see it I wonder why y'all are talking about sandwiches??? I've trained my brain that anytime I see "sub" it means that it's a hoagie. :laughing: I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it for as short hand for sign up bonus, I think it's just as quick to say "bonus" but that is indeed not very specific so I guess it could be confusing and now may have to teach the hamster a new trick.

Must be that time of year. I bought a new shredder and have been using it so much. I had cc statements that went back to 2017. And tax forms back to 1999. Think I was just afraid to throw those out..Lol. But I agree it is nice to get rid of stuff.

I don't have old spices but I remember buying hot sauce from Bj's. Took us so long to go through those big bottles i said never again...
We actually didn’t have hardly any expired food. Maybe a couple of boxes of mashed potatoes I think. We don’t really eat potatoes at all. Dh always gets irritated at my parent’s house though because they keep so much expired stuff. My mom always says “it’s still good for awhile”.

I am SO jealous of everyone heading to WDW soon! I tagged along on a business trip this time last year during which we spent a few days at Vero and a week at WDW. Dh visited clients while I played :D

We did the free DVC equivalent of MK DAH last January and it POURED for almost the entire time. It was still a blast! We saved Big Thunder and 7 Dwarves until the rain slowed down.

While I am all about the savannah view at Kidani, I don't care what view I have at BLT. Standard 1 bedrooms rock!
That’s reassuring. I think if we come prepared with rain gear we will be okay, although might be a little chilled with rain and cold temps.

It's really not that bad. The tram you take to get to the lounge is next to the tram you take to get to the SW gates, and the lounge is not far from when you get off the tram. If you have TSA precheck, going through security again is a breeze.
We don’t have TSA pre-check

Heading back home from Disneyland now. We had a great time. We stayed at the Fairfield inn. The hotel was amazing from the moment we got out of the Lyft, there were people welcoming us and taking the bags out of the trunk. (Didn’t have that at the Disneyland hotel or the Grand Californian.) They also texted me during the stay to ask how everything was (again never happens at Disney hotels) the chargers near our bed weren’t working so I texted them and they fixed it. It broke a few nights later, but I forgot to text them again. Overall, the service was amazing and the hotel was clean.

We got a water and cookies when we checked in for being Gold elite members and we were upgraded to a theme park view room.

Disneyland thoughts:

The parks are crowded. I was kind of expecting it because of the holiday, but it was so packed. I really can’t blame them for raising prices on tickets. I wish they would just expand capacity instead of raising pricing but Disneyland really has no room for that lol.

The pricing for other things is off the rails. 24.99 for a Mickey sipper that I can get filled with a soft drink once? The same sipper that world has for $13.99? I really thought the 24.99 was a mistake. It’s a shame because it was adorable and I would have gotten one for $13.99 lol. Also, we got a 6 pack of beignets and a mint julep and it was $13!!! I feel like when we were there in August it was a good deal maybe like $9ish? There are still good deals to be had tho. A large soft serve ice cream at Clarabelle’s in Toon Town was only $4.79.

The garbages in toon town were overflowing. I think I’m Pete Werner and Disney will care about my opinion so I tweeted them and they said they would have their custodial staff take care of it. Disney’s cleanliness is what separates them from others in the industry and I know they are cutting back in staff and it pisses me off.

There are plaids everywhere in Disneyland. I wish I had money like that. Trying to convince SO to join club 33 (so we get 4 a year) it’s not working lol

Food thoughts:

Carnation cafe: amazing as always, best deal on property. I tried the chicken fried chicken and it was great. We also shared a sundae that they said was two scoops... it was way more than two scoops lol we couldn’t finish it and it was only $7.

Blue bayou Fantasmic Dining Package: our reservation time was at 1:45 got seated earlier at about 1:35 and we were out of the restaurant by 2:15. No joke. Wayyyyyy too rushed for a three course meal. The food was good but no way did they cook my food that fast. they just make a bunch of food and it’s probably sitting out. The meal is too expensive for that. Next time we will try River Bell. I did enjoy the butt cushion and the view from the Blue Bayou section is the best so we will probably do it again.

River Bell Terrace Breakfast

We never ate here before and we were pleasantly surprised. I got the chicken and biscuits and SO got the short rib and eggs. We both loved our food. Idk how tho place was dead.

Steakhouse 55

I wasn’t in the mood after the meh steak the night before at Blue Bayou so I asked to order off the lounge menu. The lady made a face but they did it. I got the loaded potato chips and the burger. I asked for the burger customized no bacon, bbq sauce and a cheddar cheese. They did not listen but I didn’t bother sending it back. It was still good I just wish the service was better. SO got the steak which I tried and regret ordering off the lounge menu lol oh, and of course he got the 24 layer chocolate cake.

Naples:

I’m always nervous about getting Italian food outside of NY but this was really good. SO and I both enjoyed our meals here.

Overall, we had a great time. Idk when we will be back (I may have said that in August when I left lol) when we go back though we want to stay at the Grand Californian again. Even though the Fairfield inn has better service and the room was great and close. I’m brainwashed and I love the Disney bubble.
Glad to hear you had a good trip. I'm still working on a possible trip in May to use the discounted tickets. Looks like the Fairfield Inn would be a good option for us. I'm not really too picky about hotels, just has to be clean and we're looking for walking distance. Right now it's 10140 UR points per night. Just have to hope it stays there by the time I get my UR points in a month or two!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter