I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the message I received from Chase:

Thank you for contacting Chase. It would be my pleasure to review and address your inquiry today.

Here's how it works:
- You can transfer points in 1,000-point increments to participating frequent travel programs.
- You can transfer points to accounts that belong to you or one additional household member who is listed as an authorized user on your card account.
- When you transfer points to an authorized user, they will be the only authorized user who can receive point transfers.
- For business card accounts, you can only transfer points to a frequent travel account that belongs either to you or to a business owner who is listed as an authorized user on the account.
Are you moving UR's? This response doesn't seem to be addressing UR's. Those don't have to be done in 1000 increments.

Are you moving UR's? This response doesn't seem to be addressing UR's. Those don't have to be done in 1000 increments.
Yes, moving UR's but I definitely see that now. The rep seems to be focused on points to travel programs. Duh :rolleyes: I gave him the name and card number to move to. Not sure where he read anything differently into it.

At any rate, I went from dd CIP>dd CFU>my CF>dh CFU>dh CSR :rotfl:Crazy but finally got it done.

For anyone else who did the slickdeals offer in May for $125 for opening an HSBC account, I just got paypal notice that the bonus hit my account today. Looks like I opened the HSBC account on May 19. I think the account has to be open for 6 months or there is a fee from HSBC for closing it. Yes, $25 fee if account is closed within 180 days of opening.
Thanks! I was looking for that yesterday. I did mine on the 22nd so hopefully not too much longer.

I think we’ve decided that Dh will be applying for the CFU and the Amex Blue Cash card (haven’t decided between every day or preferred yet). Anyone have either of the Amex cards?

We have the AmEx Preferred Cash card and it's worked well for us. When I got it years ago, they were running a promo for $150 statement credit, which helped justify a year and a half of AFs. If you spend the $6k on groceries (which we do generally by the end of June), you earn $360. Then with the unlimited 3% back on gas, 3% on the auto deduct tolls FastPass account, 6% on streaming services and misc 1% DH spends at places where it doesn't really quality for anything special, we net over $500/ annually. This more than justifies the AF for us.

Now that I'm getting my feet wet in churning, I'll have to juggle the groceries spending if we get a CF and/or Discover quarterly bonus card. Given we spend around $800-1200/ month on groceries, it will be easy to maximize our food budget to hit all the deals across cards. (Hm, unless DH and I both have those cards... even still, I'll manage!)

I've never used the AmEx for anything but cash back in the form of statement credits, so I can't speak to additional benefits.

I think we’ve decided that Dh will be applying for the CFU and the Amex Blue Cash card (haven’t decided between every day or preferred yet). Anyone have either of the Amex cards?

My DD has the CFU and it's been a good card since it gives the 1.5 UR per dollar reward without having to think about categories, etc. The one negative is the foreign transaction fee thing, but that shouldn't be a problem since you are holding other cards with no foreign transaction fees.

I must have missed this change - I was trying to move 80k UR's from my dd20's CIP to my dh's CSR. I've frequently had to 'frog jump' a few cards to move points. I got an error trying to go straight to dh's card. So, I moved them from dd's CIP to her CFU. Then I tried to move from her CFU to his CSR. Another error. So I contacted Chase about it. They responded back that you can only move to a household member who is also an AU'er on your account. Is this new?? Any way to get around this?

Oh this is not good news. DD has her own little stash of URs, but we were hoping we could transfer them to DH's account since he gets the 1.5 deal through the CSR. And I send all my URs to DH's account, too, but we have no Chase AUs except on the very old Disney cards.

Man, I am such a baby churner, but I know this crowd will appreciate this little milestone: I now have one month of spending points AND my first shopping portal points showing as in my TrueBlue account! Wahoo- 2054 little ol points that will get me nowhere yet (even with DH's 279pts!), but it's a start! :rotfl: I'm gonna do a happy dance once my SUB finally hits! (Hit my MSR in the first like 2 weeks and paid the AF already... soon, soon my precious SUB!)

Does anyone live in or around Chicago? As alot of you are talking about visiting WDW, we are thinking of going the opposite way and visiting Chicago in late August. We've been before, so we don't need to do all the top sights, but we want to do stuff we haven't done before - Lincoln Park Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, etc. It appears all that stuff is closed still. Anyone in the area have any insight on when they may reopen? I'm wondering if there will be stuff to do if we plan a trip in 2+ months.
Our governor is being very cautious and the mayor of Chicago is being even more cautious. Which I'm OK with. I haven't paid close attention to any of the museum info. The lakefront is rumored to reopen 6/22. I think Navy Pier(tourist trap) reopened with precuations last week or so. Chicago is such a great place to visit in the summer!

Our governor is being very cautious and the mayor of Chicago is being even more cautious. Which I'm OK with. I haven't paid close attention to any of the museum info. The lakefront is rumored to reopen 6/22. I think Navy Pier(tourist trap) reopened with precuations last week or so. Chicago is such a great place to visit in the summer!
Thanks for your input! I honestly don't know how other states are handling reopening, cuz here in SC it seems nothing ever really closed. Or it was very short lived. So it's nice to know Chicago is taking precautions! We visited Chicago over Memorial Day weekend last year and we loved it. It's actually in our Top 3 places to visit in the US (San Francisco, Las Vegas are the other two. We love cities with lots to do, and even more to do within a short driving distance), so with all our international trips cancelled this year, we figured we'd go back. We can get a heck of a deal on airfare right now, and IHG pts to cover the hotels. I could actually be completely content walking the river and city for a few days, grabbing deep dish, and visiting the beaches on the lake if things aren't open.

I think the river walk opened for limited hours for "exercise" and access to restaurants. Restaurants are pretty much only outside. Beaches aren't open yet. Rumor has it maybe June 22.

I think the river walk opened for limited hours for "exercise" and access to restaurants. Restaurants are pretty much only outside. Beaches aren't open yet. Rumor has it maybe June 22.
OK, great to know. We are looking at coming up the last weekend in August, so even if things reopen slow and steadily, it sounds like we'll probably be able to find something to do by then. :banana:

For anyone else who did the slickdeals offer in May for $125 for opening an HSBC account, I just got paypal notice that the bonus hit my account today. Looks like I opened the HSBC account on May 19. I think the account has to be open for 6 months or there is a fee from HSBC for closing it. Yes, $25 fee if account is closed within 180 days of opening.
Thanks for mentioning this! Just checked & I got my payment as well. Account opened 5/28.

Does anyone live in or around Chicago? As alot of you are talking about visiting WDW, we are thinking of going the opposite way and visiting Chicago in late August. We've been before, so we don't need to do all the top sights, but we want to do stuff we haven't done before - Lincoln Park Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, etc. It appears all that stuff is closed still. Anyone in the area have any insight on when they may reopen? I'm wondering if there will be stuff to do if we plan a trip in 2+ months.
Mayor Lightfoot is being pretty strict as is our governor. Restaurants opened to outside dining only last week and today bars/pubs with outside dining opened. The Lakefront trail is opening for exercise only, if you’re not moving you’ll be told to leave. All that to say, no idea. I would not doubt things will be re-closed or never open if we have a spike.
ETA I see @Psychodisney already replied similarly. Navy Pier did open the outside but none of the rides or museums.

Last edited:
I have the Every Day. I used to have the preferred but once I began CC churning, I found I wasn't using the Preferred as much to justify the AF. I still rarely use the Everyday unless I don't have a MSR but that is pretty rare for me, even with things slowing down. Both are great cards though! You just need to figure out how much you will put on the card for groceries and decide if the $95 AF makes sense.
Do you know if shipt counts for supermarkets? We’ve mainly been using URs for groceries though so Dh doesn’t think we’ll use the category anyway. We really just need MSRs because of our hospital bills

Do you know if shipt counts for supermarkets? We’ve mainly been using URs for groceries though so Dh doesn’t think we’ll use the category anyway. We really just need MSRs because of our hospital bills
Do either one of you have a CSR ...if so you can cash out the groceries, home improvement and dining categories for the past 90 days at 1.5

I don't have a resort reservation but if Disney doesn't open bookings back up in time for me to snag anything, I'm planning on looking at the Swolphin. At this point I'm more worried about not being able to fly down there due to this stupid nonsense quarantine despite NY's current numbers and trends but I have to figure sense will prevail by early September.
I understand that, we are in NY too.

Do either one of you have a CSR ...if so you can cash out the groceries, home improvement and dining categories for the past 90 days at 1.5
That’s what we’ve been doing. I have a CSR and we’ve been using our points for groceries because we order through shipt. Even though the groceries are coming from target (which doesn’t count) it does count since we’re using shipt

That’s what we’ve been doing. I have a CSR and we’ve been using our points for groceries because we order through shipt. Even though the groceries are coming from target (which doesn’t count) it does count since we’re using shipt
Nice..I’ve been doing the same....I stick with Chase so can’t help with Amex..sorry :(

Have you looked at the BoA Premium Rewards card? 50K points ($500) on $3K MSR, it has a $95 annual fee so your net is $405 for $3000 MSR. It comes with a $100 travel credit and Global Entry reimbursement. I hear it helps your application to have a checking account with them and there are promos around for opening a checking account. I linked one here on this thread a couple days ago.

For redemption, you can just redeem points as a statement credit. It earns 1.5% everywhere, and 2% in travel and dining. It's not that impressive unless you qualify for their Preferred Rewards program, but if all you're looking for is the SUB, it's not bad.

I don't know if Shipt counts. I've never used it! What offers are you finding for the BCP or BCE? There used to be a $250 back after $1k spend but I've not checked in forever to see what was being offered.

Do y'all have Amex BBP? Interested in a Plat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter