I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Amex Gold annual fee just posted. I would really like to call to get a retention offer.
Problem- I am a little baby when it comes to negotiation and have no idea what to say.
Do I say I am thinking of canceling, just say do I have any retention offers?
I need a script!

Retention department:
Hours: 08:00 - 23:00 Eastern Standard Time

^ Was the number I called.....it was soooooooo painless. Less than 3 minutes on the call. The worst thing they can say is no.

@snugglebug @mhartman09 @georgina

I had an epiphany and deleted all my park reservations. I then reassigned my extra AP voucher to my daughter. Went into park reservations and was able to get all 7 nights!!!

Then put my AP voucher back in my own name. Now it says 'nontransferable' but that shouldn't be a problem as it's for me anyway. Took screen shots just in case.

As you can see, I'll do anything to avoid that IT possibly 2 hour call.

Just another note: I temporarily transferred AP voucher to older daughter in my MDE who is also a DVC owner. I first tried to put it in younger daughter's account/name, but she has an existing ten day non expiry hopper with 8 days left on it that I had used to 'try' making a park reservation for her with, which was successful but since she isn't going and is not attached to my room reservation, I didn't complete. But - I could make the reservation.

The AP voucher would not attach to her name because 'this guest already has fast passes'. Which at that time she didn't. I think what it meant was she had an existing ticket and that blocked her.

Anyway, I have a stash of 10 day and 7 day non expiring tickets and thankfully other than the AP vouchers none are attached to MDE. I 'almost' did attach them this past winter so that they would be safely on my account and less likely to get lost or stolen. I stockpiled for my old age Disney visits. Now I don't trust MDE and the IT department to keep them stress free.

I am stuck with everything greyed out too and I am too scared to delete all my park reservations! I have clicked on these dates hundreds of times and nothing. Glad you were bold and made it work!
edit: Do you have more than one ticket media in your account?
That seems to be a problem. For me there was no risk in transferring as if worse came to worse, I could let my older daughter keep the ticket and have her pay towards it. In a 'whole family going situation' I wouldn't do it.

Believe me, I understand! What emboldened me was a post on the reservations thread about the extra voucher. I was down to 2 nights anyway and since I could see through daughters account that all my nights were available, I cracked and did it. Worst case scenario I figured was having to call at 7am to get my stuff fixed.

Retention department:
Hours: 08:00 - 23:00 Eastern Standard Time

^ Was the number I called.....it was soooooooo painless. Less than 3 minutes on the call. The worst thing they can say is no.

My call was very long. You were lucky!

How did you delete the park reservations? I would like to switch two because I accidentally booked AK and then HS, when my kids asked for it the other way. I figured they'd just have to get over it (not a big deal), but would love to rearrange if I could.

On my laptop, I go into 'my plans' and scroll down to the day I want to cancel/change. On the right side of the park reservation it says something like 'view reservation details' and it opens up the ability to cancel.

Before the 'fix' last night I had canceled and rebooked the 3 days several times to make sure I could live with the three parks chosen. I knew I wanted MK, Epcot and AK and could live without DHS if I was stuck with just 3 days.

I can't get in right now as it's after 7 and people are probably swamping the site.
After the 'AP fix' I lost the day I tried to cancel, so it was risky. I think if you have more than one ticket media, it's not a good idea to fool around with a larger than my party of one.
I took a chance and it worked out but I would not urge people to go at it without Disney assistance if you have more than one trip with multiple tickets.

Edit: I think I'm just now reading that you just have 1 ticket each, not AP's. You shouldn't have a problem.

Last edited:
@snugglebug @mhartman09 @georgina

I had an epiphany and deleted all my park reservations. I then reassigned my extra AP voucher to my daughter. Went into park reservations and was able to get all 7 nights!!!

Then put my AP voucher back in my own name. Now it says 'nontransferable' but that shouldn't be a problem as it's for me anyway. Took screen shots just in case.

As you can see, I'll do anything to avoid that IT possibly 2 hour call.
Thank you..I could not make more than 1 park reservation for my DD's honeymoon trip in Sept until I reassigned an extra ticket that my son-in-law had on his account.

Interesting.....from some of my "research" I found that you either have a retention offer on the card or not.

That's what I've heard also. Maybe that my questions and statements generated it, or they just tried to get me to keep the card without giving me anything.

Ok.... I admit it...I'm a Doordash failure! I have NO idea how to use that app- I spent way too much time last weekend trying to get it set up with my csr,and find a place to order from (we don't have a lot around here) that I wanted to order from..... when we finally thought we had a place,and tried to order via app- I couldn't get past the actual order screen- it kept showing delivery, with no way to choose pickup in restaurant.... I got so frustrated I gave up and paid for the takeout...:sad::sad2::rolleyes1 That ordered without the app.... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want to order and pick up food myself....or is that not gonna happen?

Ok.... I admit it...I'm a Doordash failure! I have NO idea how to use that app- I spent way too much time last weekend trying to get it set up with my csr,and find a place to order from (we don't have a lot around here) that I wanted to order from..... when we finally thought we had a place,and tried to order via app- I couldn't get past the actual order screen- it kept showing delivery, with no way to choose pickup in restaurant.... I got so frustrated I gave up and paid for the takeout...:sad::sad2::rolleyes1 That ordered without the app.... Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want to order and pick up food myself....or is that not gonna happen?

I haven't tried using mine yet. We don't have anything within about 30 miles of where we live, so I'm hoping to use it when we're at Marco Island in July. It looks like they have quite a few places for delivery and pickup. I'm hoping to use the pickup option for carryout sometime while we're there to use up our $60 credit for this year.

Has anyone used Fox for a car rental? We're flying into FLL and they are the cheapest option, but I've never heard of them. The quote from AutoSlash has them listed as the cheapest and it's about $50 cheaper than I'm getting through the UR portal. Now that we can "erase" other charges with URs, I'm not as worried about booking our travel through them to get the 1.5x on travel redemptions.

Has anyone used Fox for a car rental? We're flying into FLL and they are the cheapest option, but I've never heard of them. The quote from AutoSlash has them listed as the cheapest and it's about $50 cheaper than I'm getting through the UR portal. Now that we can "erase" other charges with URs, I'm not as worried about booking our travel through them to get the 1.5x on travel redemptions.

I had an awful experience with them at SEA 2 years ago and vowed never again. I have rented from them in the past with no issues but one time was enough for me to throw them off the list.

No retention on my gold :sad:
I don’t see us flying anywhere this year
Is there anyway to use the airline credit for Southwest ? Gift card ? Pay for flight and cancel?
We will be flying hopefully in April or June

On Sunday I had the brilliant idea to make an Official Disney partner hotel reservation.
I thought about doing this for my January stay, but I'm too worried that the original booking will be tied to the park pass system reservation and that if I cancel the booking later I may lose the reservation. It's a bit different for me though because I'm probably going to stay offsite. Hopefully I can get park days on the 28th.

Last edited:
You have to make sure you are in the pickup section of the app. Not all the restaurants that deliver through DoorDash also have the ability to order pickup through doordash. Just select “pickup” along the bottom of the app (where it has buttons for delivery, pickup, search, orders, and account) and then select from one of the restaurants listed there.

What @hlhlaw07 said. Looks like this:

Try using your laptop to order. I find it easier to navigate through the screens. We also have a hard time finding anywhere we want to order from. Dd is a picky vegetarian, which makes finding a place that has even 1 item she will consider eating very difficult (she says she prefers my cooking -- yay me I guess :rolleyes1).

Once it is set up and linked to the CSR, you can order from a computer. That's what I have done. It is easier for me from the website, we just log in with email and password, then it was easier to see the Pickup box to click. It automatically charged the order to the card. We don't have many places around either. Just used it to pick up a pint of ice cream from a local shop.

I see WDWGroupie posted somethign similar while I was typing!

Oh, private school peeps, do your high schools have weighted classes? This is one aspect that hasn’t been discussed with us but, apparently, DS’s school doesn’t have weighted classes. So an AP class is the same as any other class and they don’t have levels like public school did with honors, academic, etc. I wonder how they compete for college when other kids can have over a 4.0 GPA.

Our public school's transcript shows the weighted and unweighted GPA, so I'm sure the colleges know what they're seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter