I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick ..... question. DH has the CSR and wants to .....his brother for the CSP. Can he product change the CSR and not reset the 4 year clock to apply again? We like the CSR for 3x dining (we eat out quite a bit, although we are trying to cut back) and 1.5 travel, but I can't see us booking travel anytime soon. And if we product change to CSP how soon will we be able to get a ....link? My BIL wants to apply right away. And how do the AF work? He applied for the card in July so I'm assuming the AF would usually post sometime in August?
It isn’t recommended to PC a card unless it has been open a year, I’m also not sure if Chase will allow it
Do either of you have a CF or CFU that has been open a year that can be PCd to a CSP
A PC does not reset the 4 year clock

@WardFam please use support in all places of your post. Referrals aren't allowed on the dis so we only talk about support.

You have to have the card a year before you can pc it. It won't reset the clock.

@palhockeymomof2 can you also please update the quote or remove it?

Oops sorry! I fixed mine. I also should have said he applied for the card in 2017 which is why I definitely wouldn't want the clock to reset. Thanks everyone!

... I also should have said he applied for the card in 2017 which is why I definitely wouldn't want the clock to reset. Thanks everyone!
For the Sapphires, the phrasing is something like "48 months since the last earned SUB". So, PCing it shouldn't affect your timing (I'm no expert here). And also note that it's likely more like 51 months since he applied for the Sapphire.

Oops sorry! I fixed mine. I also should have said he applied for the card in 2017 which is why I definitely wouldn't want the clock to reset. Thanks everyone!

It's based on when he gets the bonus. Will the af hit the 1st? Prob ok with doing it now as long as you are ok with not using the next travel credit. Though since you've had it more than a year it should be ok either way, most just wait til the travel credit is used.

Could you apply for a csp? You'd have to uae a dis link but that's another idea. Or like @palhockeymomof2 said if either of you have a cf or cfu that's at least a year old that you can pc that might be a better option.

Added the Amex shop small offer to my Surpass, then saw it was also on my BCP, but it wouldn't let me add it to that one; got 'sorry about that. the offer you selected has already been added to one of your cards'. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have used it that much anyway. I don't recall Chase limiting my offers to one card I have with them!

Our JetBlue SUB points have arrived on the hubs' and my accounts, so now I have a NEW question for you gurus! We are still on the fence about taking a trip to the west coast next April. JetBlue is likely gonna release it's available flights in the coming weeks.

Any advice around when I need to be booking reward flights? For example, do I need to book right away because reward seats will sell out fast? Or I can wait to book in a few months, but the cost will have increased? Or, it doesn't matter- if there are open seats, the reward cost will stay the same in Sept as it would in July?

I don't like having my hand forced to make call if we're comfortable going given we have no idea how the pandemic is going to shake out in another 9 months. I might have to consider a refundable flight- gross.

Added the Amex shop small offer to my Surpass, then saw it was also on my BCP, but it wouldn't let me add it to that one; got 'sorry about that. the offer you selected has already been added to one of your cards'. Oh well, I probably wouldn't have used it that much anyway. I don't recall Chase limiting my offers to one card I have with them!
I had the same message. I added the offer to my Platinum card, then tried to add it to my Hilton biz. It wouldn’t let me, received the same message as you. I was mildly irritated because I’m trying to keep my spending on my Hilton card, but 🤷🏼‍♀️

I need to call to PC or cancel my CIP. I currently have a CIC and a SW bus card. Since I already have a CIC, is there any reason to PC instead of just cancel? If I PC, would I just go to another CIC, or are there other options?

this was something we used to abuse but amex has been enforcing the rule since.

Oh I thought we had to wait until the AF posts. I’m not in a huge rush but Dh has a card hitting one year tomorrow so we both need to call. Maybe I’ll call tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks!
I have done so about a week after the 1 year anniversary but before the AF hit without issue. I did wait to cancel a SW card so the RR anniversary points posted...the AF had hit and it took Chase almost 2 weeks to refund

UGGGHHH... Trying to combine DH's TYP's with mine. I go to his account and nothing comes up to let me transfer to me. I go to my account and I am able to transfer to him. But, I want his to transfer to me as I want to call and get Disney Tickets with the combined total and DH won't call and do that. So, I chatted and they just gave me a # to call. So, will probably have to have DH call and transfer the points to me. Has this happened to anyone before?

Looks like I will have enough for 3 - 7 Day Tickets if I am figuring correctly. I put in May 9th as a possible date- although not sure if we will go then or not. But I know the value will still be there if we decide to go at a different time. Anyway 3- 7 day tickets on Disney is $1612.41. With the extra 25% it should come to $1289.93?? I will have 129,378 points. So, should just make it and can always add Park Hoppers later.

Added the Amex shop small offer to both DH and I's Hilton cards. That'll be 20 times between the two of us. Thankfully, most of the restaurants we frequent (chinese, mexican, beer gardens, coffee shops, and ice cream!) are included, so there are lots of options for us. However, using this 20 times will take some creativity for sure! There is a locally owned grocer that is included in the list. I never shop there, but may check to see if they have gift cards I can get, or start shopping there for like 1 thing a week to use some credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter