I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends, I could use all thoughts and prayers. My ds9 is sick. Like has ran a fever for 3 days now. Sore throat, headache, super fatigued....I do not think he has covid. He is my kiddo who runs a fever with anything and everything. He ran a 106 fever with teething. I am not lying. I took him in to the ped like 4-5 times between 4-8 mos for 105-106 fevers. Every time a tooth would start erupting, he'd get a high fever. They'd draw blood and urine and give a shot of Rocephin but nothing ever turned up for an infection. Finally we connected the dots that this coincided with a new tooth. He just runs hot and his immune system gets really excited. We leave for wdw in 3 days. I'm hopeful his fever will be gone by then but it was still very much there today. Also, just a bit worried if any of the rest of us catch whatever he has, we could potentially have a fever too though it is unlikely. Ugh, we've not been sick at all since like Jan and now this right before our trip. Why, oh why...???
Oh no! Sorry to hear your son is sick. Praying he gets over it quickly and that the rest of your family stays healthy!

Hey friends, I could use all thoughts and prayers. My ds9 is sick. Like has ran a fever for 3 days now. Sore throat, headache, super fatigued....I do not think he has covid. He is my kiddo who runs a fever with anything and everything. He ran a 106 fever with teething. I am not lying. I took him in to the ped like 4-5 times between 4-8 mos for 105-106 fevers. Every time a tooth would start erupting, he'd get a high fever. They'd draw blood and urine and give a shot of Rocephin but nothing ever turned up for an infection. Finally we connected the dots that this coincided with a new tooth. He just runs hot and his immune system gets really excited. We leave for wdw in 3 days. I'm hopeful his fever will be gone by then but it was still very much there today. Also, just a bit worried if any of the rest of us catch whatever he has, we could potentially have a fever too though it is unlikely. Ugh, we've not been sick at all since like Jan and now this right before our trip. Why, oh why...???
I hope he gets better soon and you’re all able to go on your trip!

Prayers for your DS to get better soon and your trip goes well! We're leaving for WDW this upcoming Thurs and I don't think I'll believe it's actually happening until when it's over since we've rescheduled so many times since our original May trip. Keep us posted on your DS!

Prayers for your DS to get better soon and your trip goes well! We're leaving for WDW this upcoming Thurs and I don't think I'll believe it's actually happening until when it's over since we've rescheduled so many times since our original May trip. Keep us posted on your DS!
I kind of feel the same! So many cancelled trips prior to this one so I keep feeling like, ‘will this really actually happen?!?’ Just been holding my breath waiting for whatever is going to happen to have us postponing again.

Sorry this is happening to your son (and your family as in impacting your trip). What an inopportune time to have his fever spike, especially with fever checks at Disney.

Does your pediatrician have in the office visits? Or will you have to take him to Emergency to find out what's going on?

Any possibility a new permanent tooth is erupting and you can't yet see what's going on? I'm sure being the Mom you've thought of everything already.

I hope you are able to get this resolved easily and can travel if you desire to. I'm also thinking better that if this was going to happen anyway that it happened before you got to Disney, so that you are in home territory to make decisions. I don't think it would be fun to be looking for care in that area right now.

All the best to you - I know it is difficult especially at this time.

I'm so sorry he's sick, I hope you go get a test done for him ,then at least you'll know if it's not cxxxxxd- hopefully just a random quick thing that goes away fast

So, my Homeowner's insurance policy is here. Only rose by $14 so not going to even bother reviewing it this year.

Checking our auto policies and I see I paid the same in June as I did in December for my older van. No discount.

But daughter's car - she got a $77 drop!

My Niro won't be due until October - maybe I'll get a small break on that. I'll be watching. This is State farm.

And - I was so tempted to pay my Home Owners' with my credit card online! I was doing an MSR last year or the year before and I did this to meet the amount I had to spend. My mortgage company paid it also and State Farm refunded me - by check! So I got the points and the MSR credit. But - not going to take any chances this year.

:tink:Thoughts and prayers your way my friend.

I have been cashing out everything at the 1.5 since that is my redemption when using the Chase travel portal, we only fly SW and have plenty of RR points.
Then I put the money saved...in your example it would be $400 into my travel account for future use.

I've cashed out $3800 so far. $1600 for straight Disney GCs taking advantage of elevated grocery spend on the CSR plus 4x fuel points at Kroger (I filled up my car's tank for 98 cents after that!). I've done another $2200 in VGCs. I would normally use my URs as just a straight 1:1 cash out for Disney anyways, so this is a phenomenal value to me. I put the $2200 in Ally and will use it to take advantage of good Disney GC deals when I get ready to make another trip there (probably fall 2021).

Sorry this is happening to your son (and your family as in impacting your trip). What an inopportune time to have his fever spike, especially with fever checks at Disney.

Does your pediatrician have in the office visits? Or will you have to take him to Emergency to find out what's going on?

Any possibility a new permanent tooth is erupting and you can't yet see what's going on? I'm sure being the Mom you've thought of everything already.

I hope you are able to get this resolved easily and can travel if you desire to. I'm also thinking better that if this was going to happen anyway that it happened before you got to Disney, so that you are in home territory to make decisions. I don't think it would be fun to be looking for care in that area right now.

All the best to you - I know it is difficult especially at this time.
Thank you for the thoughts. I don’t think he’s getting his last molars yet and he has signs of a virus - headache, fatigue, sore throat and tummy pain - so I think he has a little bug. Since we will be wearing masks at the airport, on the airplane and while at Disney, I’m not concerned with him infecting others since he should be in the tail end of it anyways. He just runs high fevers and they can last longer than you ever think they will. Today is day 4 and we don’t leave til Tuesday so just hoping he’s over the fever by then!

ETA: no office visits yet here. Only video or phone.We’d have to take him to urgent care and I don’t really want to risk any extra exposure. Since I’ve seen this kind of thing so much in him, I’m going to just watch and hydrate and give meds to help with symptoms.

Thank you for the thoughts. I don’t think he’s getting his last molars yet and he has signs of a virus - headache, fatigue, sore throat and tummy pain - so I think he has a little bug. Since we will be wearing masks at the airport, on the airplane and while at Disney, I’m not concerned with him infecting others since he should be in the tail end of it anyways. He just runs high fevers and they can last longer than you ever think they will. Today is day 4 and we don’t leave til Tuesday so just hoping he’s over the fever by then!

ETA: no office visits yet here. Only video or phone.We’d have to take him to urgent care and I don’t really want to risk any extra exposure. Since I’ve seen this kind of thing so much in him, I’m going to just watch and hydrate and give meds to help with symptoms.

Hope he feels better soon and you guys can have a great trip!

So, went to send a link to my 'new' fridge to older daughter because son in law came by and told me their fridge is broke. And it's out of stock at Costco. This worries me a bit as I don't yet have a tracking number.

Old fridge is still holding up somewhat since I messed with it. Not super cold but cold enough. I feel bad getting rid of it but it's 15 years old. I'm pretty sure it's fixable, but I'm ready for the 'new'.

Thinking about refinancing. I''m 7 years into a 30-year fixed with a 3.5% rate. Can go to a 15-year at 2.625% which would increase my monthly payments by about $250. I hate decisions like this.
That’s almost exactly our situation. We decided to do it, we did take out some equity to do some updates, nothing big. We could use our savings for the updates but might as well use some equity since we are refinancing. I actually just got off the phone with the refi team, I can’t believe they are working on a Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter