I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a little help:
I'm hearing reports that Chase "Black Star" and/or "Green Star" preapproved offers have completely disappeared from online accounts. If you have a few minutes can you login to your Chase account on a computer, and go to the menu on the left and find "Just For You" under Explore Products. When you click it, reply to this message if you see any black star or green star offers for Chase cards. It would be sad if these were truly gone - feel free to reply either way if you see them or not.

EDIT: If you have a Chase biz login and an old chase personal login, you might actually want to check both as they could show different things.

A little more detail on why these were magical:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bypa...ss-cards-with-black-star-just-for-you-offers/https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-way-bypass-chase-524-online-need-datapoints/https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-chase-preapproved-offer-method-to-bypass-5-24/
I see the same green star offers that I've been seeing for quite some time - refer friends to the cfu and something for merchant services. Both log-ins show the same thing.

So here is a question. I reduced credit limits on CIPs as time went by, and now I don't have enough of a total credit limit to average out among them in preparation for doing a PC. (I believe it's minimum $5K to do this?)

Would it be ok to just cancel one outright?

Does that question even make sense? This is my bedtime so there's a good chance it doesn't!
You can SM Chase asking them to close the CIP and move the CL to another one of your business cards

While out for my bike ride this morning I was hit by a car. I leave the house early (before sunrise). I am always a bit nervous about riding into the rising sun when I head east for the homeward portion of my ride. As I was ascending the steepest hill of my ride (heading east with the sun rising in front of me), a small car hit me, then kept going. He did slow down twice (I think to see if I was upright), but never stopped. Luckily I was able to stay on my bike, probably because he hit my butt with the passenger side mirror. The impact was such that the mirror smashed and was hanging from his car. Fortunately he didn't rip my bike shorts or hit my bike. Unfortunately I didn't get his license plate number, just a description of the vehicle.

I called the police a little while ago and they said I would have to drive to a collision report center and report the accident. They won't investigate (apparently they get 30 'failures to remain' a day) because they simply don't have the manpower. If I had gotten the license plate they would have contacted the owner of the vehicle, but without it there is nothing they can do. I thought they would notify body shops, but apparently that is not something they do because there are too many and they don't have the staff. So the idiot that hit me and drove away gets away with it :mad::mad::mad:, which sucks.

I am thankful that I am not seriously hurt (other than a very sore and stiff behind) -- it could have been so much worse.
I'm glad you're ok. That's awful about the driver not stopping. I wonder if that is a daily route for that car and if you could track it down.

I'm hearing reports that Chase "Black Star" and/or "Green Star" preapproved offers have completely disappeared from online accounts. If you have a few minutes can you login to your Chase account on a computer, and go to the menu on the left and find "Just For You" under Explore Products. When you click it, reply to this message if you see any black star or green star offers for Chase cards. It would be sad if these were truly gone - feel free to reply either way if you see them or not.

EDIT: If you have a Chase biz login and an old chase personal login, you might actually want to check both as they could show different things.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/bypa...ss-cards-with-black-star-just-for-you-offers/https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-way-bypass-chase-524-online-need-datapoints/https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-chase-preapproved-offer-method-to-bypass-5-24/
No Black or Green star offers in my account.

OMG! I'm so glad you weren't injured. I hope karma gets them.
I hope so too. I feel as though I had an angel on my shoulder watching over me.

I am not sure if I will continue to ride the same route as I don't feel as safe on my bike. I don't ride the bike paths during the week because I don't think it's safe since I leave the house when it's dark and I ride alone. The alternative is to find another route that's as challenging and around the same distance. I alternate cycling and running and my sister is always saying she's worried about me running by myself so early in the morning -- last week I told her that she should worry more about me being hit by a car while cycling (self-fulling prophecy?).

I haven’t been keeping up with this, but have had my own issues with Chase and this helps me make sense of it all. Is it 2 approvals in 6 months? That’s the 2/6? I’m really glad I left my last two Chase biz cards at the credit limit they gave me and didn’t reduce them like I have with the others. At least I have two cards I can potentially PC.
Probably wise decision. They mentioned requests for credit on my CFU denial, and one of those recent ones (Feb) was just for increasing the CL on my CIP to PC it to CIU.

No offers on personal or business cards. Going back to your CSR dissertation (which was great!), one of the appealing parts of that 100k offer was that you could double dip the travel credit because it was by...calendar year? So the $1500 value of the 100k points plus $600. Those points paid for our family of 6 to fly to Europe.

Please bear with me on house type questions. Has anyone seen Wayfair on a cb portal? I need to buy the bathroom vanities. We are usually garage sale, thrift store, vintage buyers and we've never done much to our house so this remodel / new build has been eye opening regarding prices. Plus, Miami is expensive for any construction done with permits. For example, a few weeks ago when you all were discussing roof prices, I was amazed. We are putting a new roof on our house - 2,600 sf. We got 4 estimates, $36k - $26k and went with the 3rd lowest since they accept credit cards and there wasn't much difference.

No offers on personal or business cards. Going back to your CSR dissertation (which was great!), one of the appealing parts of that 100k offer was that you could double dip the travel credit because it was by...calendar year? So the $1500 value of the 100k points plus $600. Those points paid for our family of 6 to fly to Europe.

Please bear with me on house type questions. Has anyone seen Wayfair on a cb portal? I need to buy the bathroom vanities. We are usually garage sale, thrift store, vintage buyers and we've never done much to our house so this remodel / new build has been eye opening regarding prices. Plus, Miami is expensive for any construction done with permits. For example, a few weeks ago when you all were discussing roof prices, I was amazed. We are putting a new roof on our house - 2,600 sf. We got 4 estimates, $36k - $26k and went with the 3rd lowest since they accept credit cards and there wasn't much difference.
I think it used to be on some (maybe) but isn’t currently on any. There is a 10% promo on your first order they keep sending me. Also I have amex offers but $25 off isn’t much when you are talking about bathroom vanities.

DH started 3 days vacation today to go to DISNEYLAND - Oh wait, nope not happening. 😢 He kept his vacation days so we can go to Indiana, woohoo. lol But I am excited to move DD in. I really hope they can stay there and stay safe all semester. Unfortunately I just cancelled my Charlottesville reservations. They have "postponed" move in. I don't know what that will accomplish and I just have a bad feeling about DS getting to go there. All his classes will be online regardless but he was looking forward to dorm living. I can't even make new reservations because while they said just 2 weeks, they did not give any more details than that. Luckily we live close enough to drive but many have plane tickets to have to deal with now. Such a mess.

Nothing outstanding - I just have the referral offers on the CFU and the Hyatt plus the bank account bonuses.

If you remember I was the recipient of two of these offers over a year ago, so each time I go into my Chase accounts, I check these offers looking for another hand out, lol! I had an offer for CIP(not approved) and CIU, and they approved me for the CIU. My offers were green if I remember correctly, so business can be a green star.

Thank you! This is great information.
Since I have points already, I might go with the Chase Bonvoy for now. I probably won't keep it long term though. Is there a recommended amount of time to keep a card that you don't want long term?
You will always want to keep a card for a full year. If it has an annual fee, at the end of the year, you can consider canceling the card to avoid the fee, paying the fee if the card is worth it, OR downgrading the card to a no annual fee option if one exists.

With American Express, you also want to consider whether keeping a card beyond a year makes sense since they might label you as a "gamer" canceling cards after a year. BUT that's not a problem with any other card issuer that we know of.

To elaborate on the "gamer" label with Amex, you'll want to keep spending on your Delta card. Or you may get a pop-up the next time you apply for a new Amex card saying you aren't eligible for the bonus.

CIP af finally posted when the aug statement cut. I sm'd to move the 1k credit to my other one and close it. This will give me 2k on the one left open which the af won't hit until nov. Hoping by then it won't be an issue getting a credit increase of 3k so I can pc the card.

Found out today my high school senior daughter will have a volleyball season this fall. Not sure exactly what it will look like, but so happy she’ll get to play. Now hopefully I’ll get to watch all the games! I know many of us are in the same situation of being unsure still with fall sports. Fingers crossed for us all! :flower3:

Has anyone seen Wayfair on a cb portal?

Wayfair comes and goes. Wayfair Registry is currently on all the airline shopping portals run by Cartera. They don’t stack, so pick one, but they should all track the same. Plus, several portals are running a shopping bonus now through, I believe, 8/16. See: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/unit...ortal-get-up-to-2500-bonus-miles-per-airline/

I recently made a big purchase through Wayfair by stacking the Amex Offers for $20 back on $100+ and +5x MR up to 5,000 additional MR. I set up a Wayfair registry and from there clicked the United MileagePlus Shopping button/pop up on my Chrome browser. Then I navigated from the menu and clicked through until I found the item I wanted. (I think I was having some issues with the search.) Added the item into my cart, paid with my Amex and done. The two Amex Offers credited, the order tracked on United MileagePlus Shopping, and I got my portal points in a little over a week.

Note, I didn’t add the item I wanted to buy to my registry. I suppose you could try and then buy it yourself (or have P2 set it up and you buy it). I think there might be some discount for completing your registry, but I don’t know if it applies to purchases by the registry owner and I don’t know if it’s a coupon that you have to apply that might invalidate the portal. Also, the fine print on the United MileagePlus Shopping page for Wayfair Registry also includes shopping on Wayfair. This should be the case with any of the other participating airline portals run by Cartera. I think a purchase on either Wayfair or Wayfair Registry is processed the same by the same merchant, so I don’t think there’s any difference but I didn’t want to risk losing out on the portal payout. Thus, the rigamarole but it worked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter