I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brilliant card has been missing for a week or two, so this morning I reported damaged card and ordered a new one. I know it's in the house as we were using it for door dash and other food orders to be delivered. Probably has dropped inside a chair or something. So, ordered this morning and it will be fedex'ed to arrive tomorrow. That sounds fast. Kept figuring it would turn up but it remains hidden.

Also, my friend brought me some fresh eggs from her backyard chicken coop this past weekend so I had eggs and corned beef hash for breakfast. Usually it's a biscotti and a piece of brie, so this was quite substantial for me. No lunch except maybe a small afternoon snack needed now.

These eggs were so delightfully fresh! And again I'm having fomo and want to order a chicken coop and some chickens. Friend says don't bother. I can have eggs whenever I need them.

And, I'll be wired for the day as I had a second coffee.

I am so not sold on keeping my Amex (rose!) Gold for another year. I've tried 2x for a retention offer and NOPE!
Cons: $250 AF-I mean we don't necessarily *NEED* the $100 airline credit so it's not a huge perk at this moment, $120 dining credit isn't really a perk because we live over an hour from any of those restaurants.
Pros: I have recently found myself in popup jail so I am sure cancelling won't help, I get really good amex offers on this card-, my highest referrer @30k, it's pink :lovestruc

My gut tells me to cancel but I am strangely fond of this card. Ultimately I would have loved to refer DH to gold and get 30k+60K, cancel, sign up for green@ 45k and then upgrade back to gold but Amex doesn't make scamming their system easy with this whole jail situation :rotfl:

And for Virginia people or anyone else, has anyone stayed at the Cavalier in Va Beach? It was rehabbed in the last year and has decent Trip Advisor reviews. (Marriott isn't allowing any new reviews on their own website it seems, since March, at least with the places I've been checking. It's category 7 but has availability, to use a 50K certificate (and also has a parking fee and resort fee.)

It's an old and historic site which also appeals to me. And as you've endlessly heard, I like beach walks, even in winter with the wind and salt blowing me away.

I will have to call to make sure they will deliver room service as I won't do dining room service, but it looks like it's my cup of tea.

I am so not sold on keeping my Amex (rose!) Gold for another year. I've tried 2x for a retention offer and NOPE!
Cons: $250 AF-I mean we don't necessarily *NEED* the $100 airline credit so it's not a huge perk at this moment, $120 dining credit isn't really a perk because we live over an hour from any of those restaurants.
Pros: I have recently found myself in popup jail so I am sure cancelling won't help, I get really good amex offers on this card-, my highest referrer @30k, it's pink :lovestruc

My gut tells me to cancel but I am strangely fond of this card. Ultimately I would have loved to refer DH to gold and get 30k+60K, cancel, sign up for green@ 45k and then upgrade back to gold but Amex doesn't make scamming their system easy with this whole jail situation :rotfl:

Haha....I'm right there with you! My biggest problem is my potential player 2 won't bite on my support offer.

I did get a retention last year, plus did some good offers, used the $10 credits, and got the airline credit as a gift card before it was 'discontinued. But there is no shame in me - I want more!

Offer I see today on my old SPG Bonvoy card:
Offer merchant logo

Spend $50 or more, get $40 back. Up to 2 times (total of $80).
AT&T TV
EXPIRES
12/31/2020
Add to Card

the T&C for that kinda scares me to try it. It seems that the only one that works is if ppl only have att tv and thats it. att tv now doesnt work, att tv + internet doesnt work... etc.

the T&C for that kinda scares me to try it. It seems that the only one that works is if ppl only have att tv and thats it. att tv now doesnt work, att tv + internet doesnt work... etc.

I don't have any kind of ATT. But I put it out there just in case someone can see a way to get some value.

And, you know how those exclusions go - sometimes the offer credits anyway.

But probably only useful to a select few.

I also 'sort of' missed the boat on a Hyatt offer. They have a free night after 4K spend, up to end of Dec.

If I had been thinking, I could have put 4K of my heating system on this card.

The free night would have exceeded the 2% I got on my cash back card.

Then again, I've got 2 Hyatt free nights sitting that I haven't used yet.

Thought I would try for one of the Chase Ink Increased offers for 75,000 points with $7500 MSR, even though I just got the Chase Ink Biz Unlimited 2 months ago. Instant approval but with only $3000 credit limit. So, just SM'd Chase to move some credit from some of my other Business Cards to this one.

DH just recently opened CSP and CSR. Spend is almost complete already on CSP then will move on to CSR. Have Tuition and Books due again for kids college so figured might as well try and get as many UR's as possible. Not traveling but sure doing a lot of hoarding of points for when we can.

Now time for me to lay off Chase cards for a while. Next up for DH would be Southwest Cards again but that won't be done until April or so, when the 24 month since bonus posted is up.

My brilliant card has been missing for a week or two, so this morning I reported damaged card and ordered a new one. I know it's in the house as we were using it for door dash and other food orders to be delivered. Probably has dropped inside a chair or something. So, ordered this morning and it will be fedex'ed to arrive tomorrow. That sounds fast. Kept figuring it would turn up but it remains hidden.

Also, my friend brought me some fresh eggs from her backyard chicken coop this past weekend so I had eggs and corned beef hash for breakfast. Usually it's a biscotti and a piece of brie, so this was quite substantial for me. No lunch except maybe a small afternoon snack needed now.

These eggs were so delightfully fresh! And again I'm having fomo and want to order a chicken coop and some chickens. Friend says don't bother. I can have eggs whenever I need them.

And, I'll be wired for the day as I had a second coffee.
As wonderful as the fresh eggs might be, having chickens is less than wonderful. It might be just as good to purchase some of the layer feed for the neighbor and accept their offer of eggs. A year ago I had 3 co-workers with chickens. At this time one has chickens and 2 have empty coops.

As wonderful as the fresh eggs might be, having chickens is less than wonderful. It might be just as good to purchase some of the layer feed for the neighbor and accept their offer of eggs. A year ago I had 3 co-workers with chickens. At this time one has chickens and 2 have empty coops.

I just get the urge because I grew up on a mini farm and also spent many great times on both maternal and paternal grandparents large farms.

Common sense clicks in quickly. I already have to occasionally get a sitter for my other pets! Imagine 'could you also gather the eggs and feed my chickens?'.

And, that's a great idea - I'll ask what feed they use and pick up some. It's also not just me that gets the free egg benefit. My daughter and several other extended family get eggs left on their porches!

Anyone do this status match with Frontier? Southwest Companion pass showed as eligible for the 100k tier. Rarely fly frontier but I could see more domestic trips in our future...

https://thepointsguy.com/news/match-frontier-airlines-elite-status/

I did. We normally only fly SW, but with flight schedules being hacked away lately I've had to look at other options. We usually prefer to take the latest flight from MSY to MCO for our WDW trips. Had 10pm booked for SW and they scrapped the flight and moved us to 4 pm, which I can't do. Only other option was midday the next day which kills that park day. So I looked elsewhere and found 9 pm flight on Frontier. I figure having this status match and using the perks even once will cover the fee. Was approved same night I applied.

Don't forget the referral bonus if you've got a P2 in need of an AmEx or two. The gold card is frequently targeted for really good referral bonuses,

Is it accurate that I can cancel a Chase credit card (CSP) by secure message? I think the answer is yes, but wanted to double check before doing so.

I also 'sort of' missed the boat on a Hyatt offer. They have a free night after 4K spend, up to end of Dec.

If I had been thinking, I could have put 4K of my heating system on this card.

The free night would have exceeded the 2% I got on my cash back card.

Then again, I've got 2 Hyatt free nights sitting that I haven't used yet.
You got me excited on that one, but I wasn't eligible. Looks like it's may be only legacy Hyatt card holders. I knew it was too good to be true since I'm still in my MSR period.
Thanks @striker1064 on the tip on the Amex BBC retention offer. I got $50 + $100 if I spent $2000. I don't have an MSR now (wating till the second half of December to apply for a Biz Platinum) so this worked out well for me. Paid my water bill since my county isn't currently charging for credit card payments.
I got the same thing this morning on both DH's and my BBP after striking out yesterday. Not bad for a card that I intend to keep anyway. Chat was much kinder to me this morning, did that and got DH's Citi AA card canceled. And even got him to make a phone call to cancel his Venture. I know he could have asked for a retention offer, but I have to pick my battles. That one was easy, didn't even have to speak with anyone, all done through voice prompts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter