I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd check the website for O'Hare and see what it says. Some may not open until 5 or 6, but with O'Hare being such a busy airport they may have something. But all that will also depend on how things are when you travel. But I wouldn't expect you'd have to slum it the entire time.
im told ORD is a PP death zone. Im not sure if ur flying to ORD or MDW. only the 3 carrier will have lounges, believe u would need their top tiered CC to get into AA/UA/DL.
@Hoosier John the PP at ORD are in the international terminals so unless you're flying internationally no luck there. No lounges at MDW except military I believe. Lounge access in Chicago sucks TBH.
I am flying into O'Hare (ORD), but will not be international, so I will have to check to see if they have a website.
Thanks again folks!

PS. Every now and then someone says they're having trouble getting multiple quotes to work. It just happened to me (before this actual post), and maybe it's related to the order of quote selections. I selected the last two quotes (above) then the first one, and only the first one ended up being selected. So I went back and selected them in order and it worked fine. Of course you can edit the text after the quotes are inserted if you wanna change the order.

ETA: Nevermind. I did the above steps, out of chronological order on a following post, and the multi-quotes worked just fine.

Last edited:
That's why you may need help from a realtor. I found my home the first day it was listed. It helps to have someone who works with other realtors and can get you a showing right away when a home becomes available if you are in a hot market.
We will be contacting a realtor once we have a couple discussions with the banker. Having a somewhat rare loan type (Section 184) means it can take a while to get things set up.

This will give you a SW credit that will expire in a year or so?
Yes it should.
Yes, your funds will be good for 12 months from original purchase date. Travel must be completed by that date.
Ok. Since I prolly won't be on Southwest in the foreseeable future, I'll just spend some of the credit on AA Admiral's Club day pass(es).
I was kinds hoping the SW credit would be like Rapid Rewards which, I think, are good for 24 months, or forever with continued activity.

Ok. Since I prolly won't be on Southwest in the foreseeable future, I'll just spend some of the credit on AA Admiral's Club day pass(es).
I was kinds hoping the SW credit would be like Rapid Rewards which, I think, are good for 24 months, or forever with continued activity.
There was a window of opportunity this year for converting SW credit toward RR points, but that closed a while ago. That was how I used (mostly) amex credits to get DH almost $1500 worth of SW RR points which no longer expire. For some reason I had it in my head that I did it all under his account, but I recently realized I had $198 worth in DD's account that I could convert by Dec. 15...but I only realized that on Dec. 16. :headache: Oh well, win some lose some. At this point I'll be happy if we actually use any travel funds to travel in 2021.

Oh good grief. I need to pay more attention. The $25k max on cic office store spending is based on anniversary date--not calendar year. My anniversary date is 12/1. So I've used up $6k of my $25k already. Will definitely be trying to PC my CIU to a CIC soon. But this does mean I can hit Staples tomorrow and get another $1000 of visa gift cards.

There was a window of opportunity this year for converting SW credit toward RR points, but that closed a while ago. That was how I used (mostly) amex credits to get DH almost $1500 worth of SW RR points which no longer expire. For some reason I had it in my head that I did it all under his account, but I recently realized I had $198 worth in DD's account that I could convert by Dec. 15...but I only realized that on Dec. 16. :headache: Oh well, win some lose some. At this point I'll be happy if we actually use any travel funds to travel in 2021.
I remember all the SW discussion back then, but was brand new to Amex then, and didn't pay close enough attention to what was going on in that world. Makes A LOT of sense to me now :D.

The wife and I talked it over and have decided this is the year we are going to try to buy a house. At least as soon as she gets back from WDW in Feb we will start looking. Of course everything around us has been gone almost as soon as it gets listed.
Sending :tink: You find a home perfect for you two....prices here on LI are crazy high as well a friend’s daughter was looking but decided to wait too many people leaving NYC leading to bidding wars

I’m thinking I read something several pages back about something being up with Walmart and Serve and VGC? Is this still working? Want to get some at Staples tomorrow but wanted to double check first.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We left our rental in Pagosa Springs this morning. It was soo cold the first half of the week, the windchill was -9° when we skied on Wednesday only lasted 2 hours, but had a beautiful full day of skiing yesterday.
Thanks to this community for helping us travel for less.

Oh good grief. I need to pay more attention. The $25k max on cic office store spending is based on anniversary date--not calendar year. My anniversary date is 12/1. So I've used up $6k of my $25k already. Will definitely be trying to PC my CIU to a CIC soon. But this does mean I can hit Staples tomorrow and get another $1000 of visa gift cards.
Now I need my new CIC to arrive and then pay DS’s tuition online with them

Yes if it’s showing you have only used the 6k

Yes if it’s showing you have only used the 6k
I don’t really follow this. My anniversary date is 12/1. I’m thinking the 100k urs are really last year (year ended 11/30). I’ll call tomorrow for clarification.

Attachments

• CDC00993-4DA5-46ED-A171-DDD37BAC0DA9.png
    CDC00993-4DA5-46ED-A171-DDD37BAC0DA9.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I don’t really follow this. My anniversary date is 12/1. I’m thinking the 100k urs are really last year (year ended 11/30). I’ll call tomorrow for clarification.
You can see it but as you said it’s not easy..I look under Ultimate Rewards activity..it shows how much you have earned so far under 4x rewards...I’m looking on my iPad not on the app

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter