I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done getting my SW flights changed...

:offtopic:

Right as I got done I hear very loud booms, several in a row... Nothing like thunder, explosions... Its -6 deg out so fireworks are pretty much ruled out... We leave not to far from an AF base so start wondering if there is something going on. So I run out to the back yard to see if I can identify it any better and then happen to see several objects in the air with flashing lights. Seconds later more appear but WAY to close to be commercial. I call DW out and when I turn around the number increased a few more. We've had a lot of drones around the past few weeks that are large (Like 6' wing span) with sightings all over NE and CO that no one is fessing up to knowing anything about... According to some posts on NextDoor sounds like a dance studio put on a firework show for a girl that passed away this past summer as today would have been her birthday. UFOs Drones are still unknown.

Just got done getting my SW flights changed...

Right as I got done I hear very loud booms, several in a row... Nothing like thunder, explosions... Its -6 deg out so fireworks are pretty much ruled out... We leave not to far from an AF base so start wondering if there is something going on. So I run out to the back yard to see if I can identify it any better and then happen to see several objects in the air with flashing lights. Seconds later more appear but WAY to close to be commercial. I call DW out and when I turn around the number increased a few more. We've had a lot of drones around the past few weeks that are large (Like 6' wing span) with sightings all over NE and CO that no one is fessing up to knowing anything about... According to some posts on NextDoor sounds like a dance studio put on a firework show for a girl that passed away this past summer as today would have been her birthday. UFOs Drones are still unknown.
They put off fireworks in -6 degree weather?

To piggyback on what @SouthFayetteFan said, can you shunt some of that bank bonus income into a traditional IRA so that it reduces your AGI so that you can recover your retirement savings credit? You have until April 15, 2020, to contribute to an IRA for 2019, so it's not too late for that!
You guys are awesome. That's exactly what @SouthFayetteFan and I were discussing in PM. I think I will do just that. I just have to wait for all my info and then put just what I need into an IRA.

Sheesh I only have Hiltons in UK, Mexico, and Europe. I could use some offers for March when we drive down to Florida.

The only other Hilton offer I've seen is the one for Tru by Hilton.

Have you tried seeing if you can get offers by going to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html

I do that sometimes when the offer I want is not showing up on my cards; that's how I added the Tru by Hilton to my Aspire card.

My husband now wants to extend our reservation by a night...if we booked CSR direct but they only had tower rooms right now what are the odds when we check in we can get 1 room for all 3 nights? (Our other 2 are a preferred room with AA miles). My other option us having us call tomorrow and see if we can switch my reservation w/ AA to Swan where our last 3 nights are so we have a 1/5 split. Hmmm decisions decisions

But we still have no idea where we want to go this fall break, ugh... neither of us can come up with any good ideas. I think we both want to say Disney World but we agreed no Disney this year and we already have Disneyland booked for next month. We will also be hosting an exchange student so we want to take her somewhere representative of the US. Any good suggestions? We only have 5 days.

Where are you again? And where is she from? And representative how? Because Disney would be or Washington DC or any major US city. It depends on what you want to show her away from where you live. Though I think where she's from would play a big part in where I'd think to take her as well.

But we still have no idea where we want to go this fall break, ugh... neither of us can come up with any good ideas. I think we both want to say Disney World but we agreed no Disney this year and we already have Disneyland booked for next month. We will also be hosting an exchange student so we want to take her somewhere representative of the US. Any good suggestions? We only have 5 days.
I feel that NYC is especially representative of the US and it’s my fave city in this country! But I’m not biased at all after living there for 10 years :rotfl2:

Are you able to get a Hilton Aspire if you have the Hilton Biz already?

Since I'm buying a car, I'm thinking I should get another credit card. Is it Amex that can give you your credit card number right after applying? I'm going to get the car on Monday.

So is it the missed money or that fact that you screwed up that annoys you the most? I have been thinking about looking on DISchurner for a bank recommendation. I did Chase a year or so ago but technically I wanted it, and it is still open even though I have not really committed to it (still use my BoA from IL). I'm not great at fine print (outside of work) so maybe I'll hold on to that thought for a bit until things settle a bit at work.
Haha the money lost hurts more, but only a bit!

Bank bonuses are all about the fine print, until you feel like dealing with fine print pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter