I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH CIP spend met. Used GSB for $4800, actually spent $250. I have this weird compulsion to not fund the entire $5k, so I don’t feel so transparent. :rolleyes1
Unfortunately the statement already closed, 2 days after we received the card so we’ll be waiting until next month for those URs. I can also see my support URs pending. Yay!
what is GSB?

Booked Carnival Mardi Gras for 2022. First roller coaster at sea! 🎢

We were on the Carnival Panorama for New Year's. Really enjoyed the food, especially the variety. Room steward was the best since DCL. It's a good thing we liked Carnival because they still owe me $400 in GC! I canceled and rebooked an excursion with the 10% off Black Friday sale. Problem was it was booked with GC and I didn't know their GC don't reload. So the refund doesn't just go back to the GC, they're supposed to mail you new ones. Called twice about a week before our cruise (should have followed up sooner). Need to call again.

Was lamenting that I won't be able to use the current Amex Offer since we were PIF for the Panorama. Turns out I do get to use it. :) Over 2 years to wait for more Amex Offers. Hope to get pretty darn close to 20% off! 😆

DH CIP spend met. Used GSB for $4800, actually spent $250. I have this weird compulsion to not fund the entire $5k, so I don’t feel so transparent. :rolleyes1
Unfortunately the statement already closed, 2 days after we received the card so we’ll be waiting until next month for those URs. I can also see my support URs pending. Yay!
How many GSB accounts do you have? And have you kept funds in them?

Sunday night maybe. 🤞
That's what I'm hoping for! It was kind of a surprise application that I was hoping to get in on yesterday so the Chase elves could work their magic last night (or are they Gremlins since it's after midnight??) but I didn't get the last CLs lowered in time.

Wasn't planning to apply for anything Chase right now so I had planned to do it just anytime before the next statement closed so I thought I had time. I was wrong :laughing:

I think they’ve changed the glucose test quite a bit from what I’ve heard. There’s no fasting or anything like that. Someone told me they used to draw before and after the drink but now they just do it after. It only took an hour
That was one of my biggest surprises with our youngest. The glucose tests I took with our older three were horrible - fasting and multiple blood draws. It’s way simpler now. Thankfully!

Amex is running a sale on Asia Miles (cathay Pacific). Has anyone used them to book on American to Europe? Is it worth it?

I was able to use the SW adjustment "method" to save 24,404 RR’s for our outgoing flight in May to MCO! :yay: :yay: I was also able to change our return flight from 6 am to 1:30 pm, which sounds so much more enjoyable! We should be able to enjoy our last full day instead of worrying about getting up at 3 am for the flight home! Maybe we can fit in a nice breakfast at Citywalk that day (we’ll be at UO for the last 3 nights of our trip). Thanks to everyone who posted about this!

Now - opinions needed please! Right now we’re booked on a 6:10 am flight to MCO, arriving in Orlando at 9:50 am. The other direct option we have is a 10:55 am flight, arriving at 2:40 pm. Would you switch to the later flight? My preference is usually to arrive earlier, but my DH hates these early flights, and they’re hard on the kids too. Also, we’ll be flying out of KC (driving up the night before) and staying at my SIL’s house, and she’ll drive us to the airport. We're also imposing on her to get up that early to drop us off at the airport. Another negative is if we rent a car (which we normally do), that’s an additional one day of rental we’ll need (I think) because of the later return flight. The pro for the earlier flight is more time a Disney! Thoughts?

I was able to use the SW adjustment "method" to save 24,404 RR’s for our outgoing flight in May to MCO! :yay: :yay: I was also able to change our return flight from 6 am to 1:30 pm, which sounds so much more enjoyable! We should be able to enjoy our last full day instead of worrying about getting up at 3 am for the flight home! Maybe we can fit in a nice breakfast at Citywalk that day (we’ll be at UO for the last 3 nights of our trip). Thanks to everyone who posted about this!

Now - opinions needed please! Right now we’re booked on a 6:10 am flight to MCO, arriving in Orlando at 9:50 am. The other direct option we have is a 10:55 am flight, arriving at 2:40 pm. Would you switch to the later flight? My preference is usually to arrive earlier, but my DH hates these early flights, and they’re hard on the kids too. Also, we’ll be flying out of KC (driving up the night before) and staying at my SIL’s house, and she’ll drive us to the airport. We're also imposing on her to get up that early to drop us off at the airport. Another negative is if we rent a car (which we normally do), that’s an additional one day of rental we’ll need (I think) because of the later return flight. The pro for the earlier flight is more time a Disney! Thoughts?
While I personally prefer a full day in Orlando, in your situation I would seriously consider the latter flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter