I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lain - thanks for the heads up on the Safeway deals for VGCs. DH picked up 2 $50s and 2 $100s today (both with some deal on the app). That will hopefully generate a nice bunch of MRs.

Any concerns / thoughts / advice on how or where to use them? Anyone?

I was going to say Costco but of course @Lain beat me to it! Costco makes sense for me because I spend a ton there and Visa is the only option. I get the Visa gift cards when there is a deal for that sole purpose...and then wait and use them when I am not working on a Visa MSR.

I was going to say Costco but of course @Lain beat me to it! Costco makes sense for me because I spend a ton there and Visa is the only option. I get the Visa gift cards when there is a deal for that sole purpose...and then wait and use them when I am not working on a Visa MSR.
I’m going to use my Discover for another 5% and use them on vacation for Spring Break for food, souvenirs, etc.

I went ahead and booked the room at POR because I know it's what Dh wanted anyway. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much I love that area. I was planning on mainly wearing one outfit, but now you have me second guessing lol

I'd be coordinating with where, what and who I'm taking pictures with, which I do for my trips. Meeting Mickey & Minnie in their 90th bday outfits, wearing colors that compliment, stuff like that. I also do it so I'm not wearing the same thing I might have worn in that spot or with that character on a different trip.

I'd be coordinating with where, what and who I'm taking pictures with, which I do for my trips. Meeting Mickey & Minnie in their 90th bday outfits, wearing colors that compliment, stuff like that. I also do it so I'm not wearing the same thing I might have worn in that spot or with that character on a different trip.
I try to make sure I’m wearing my South Fayette green sweatshirt in all pictures on all trips. Then you can’t tell what year it was...let alone what day 🤣 🤣

Well at this point I'm just trying to wear anything that still fits me lol. I bought a maternity dress that I was planning to wear for the majority of the pictures. It's a blue and white striped dress I got at Target. The only other thing I was planning to wear was my black Star Wars shirt in front of the Millennium Falcon to recreate our announcement pictures. I'm not sure if that shirt even fits, though. It was tight before I was pregnant so it might not work. I'll have to see if I can put together one more outfit just to have options.

Well at this point I'm just trying to wear anything that still fits me lol. I bought a maternity dress that I was planning to wear for the majority of the pictures. It's a blue and white striped dress I got at Target. The only other thing I was planning to wear was my black Star Wars shirt in front of the Millennium Falcon to recreate our announcement pictures. I'm not sure if that shirt even fits, though. It was tight before I was pregnant so it might not work. I'll have to see if I can put together one more outfit just to have options.

It is ok to buy a few things that actually fit you know :) Or borrow a shirt from DH.

I’d want a couple different outfit choices too. These are pics you will cherish forever. I agree with buying yourself something else if nothing really fits well. There are many maternity styles that can be worn well after you have delivered.

I loved buying maternity clothes! You can also borrow from a friend that’s your size.

Not to be a downer, but AA isn't a kind, friendly, or benevolent airline. They always look carefully at our carry-ons, and ours are the international ones so even smaller than they need to be. Oh, and DD who flew them approx. 10 times a year for 4 years often had to gate check her carry-on, even though we bought the tickets in advance and she wasn't in the basic seats. So the best thing I can say is that YMMV. Sometimes it's fine, and other times it's not. Likely depends on the plane they are flying and how full it is.
Thank you! I am going to pass on this information to her. She can either bring a smaller bag or be prepared to gate check. She is flying SW on the way out and AA on the way back. And less time between connections on the return.

I closed my PNC accounts and can't log in anymore. Gives me an error.
I opened an account at First Midwest bank last year. I failed to get the bonus so I messaged them to close the account. I got no reply from them but when I try to login in it says the account doesn’t exist. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sorry my suggestion didn't bear fruit. I still think on the whole it's usually worth checking, as it takes little time and will occasionally let you in.

It is ok to buy a few things that actually fit you know :) Or borrow a shirt from DH.

haha....I'm sitting on my bed at Boardwalk Villas after going to sleep around 1am and STILL waking up at 4:30am. I'm trying to get some rest so that I can enjoy Animal Kingdom tonight - Moonlight Magic or whatever it's called.

But I had to comment on this - I absolutely hated maternity clothing and bought as little of it as I could get away with. Lucky for me I was pretty small during all my pregnancies except the last and for that one not really huge either. But, I bought and wore very little except some pants that had the insert and tried to wear stuff that was naturally roomy that I already had, which wasn't much! Trust me I was one sad looking character towards the end and I hope there are NO pictures anywhere that are not just head shots with a smile!

For tonight it will just be myself and my sister in law at Moonlight Magic. Brother can no longer walk as far as he used to. He will be 77 very soon. SIL does Zumba 3 times a week and some other class and is healthier and more in shape than I am. She is 73. I really need to take a page out of her book of fitness routine.

The rest of the extended family do not arrive until Friday and Saturday. These are mostly my nieces' in laws but I know some of them. I actually thought they were arriving earlier with brother.

So they are all staying in my nieces house - 9 bedrooms over in Reunion. Had dinner last night over there at one of the golf clubs and they really wanted me to stay for the night with them. I almost did. But I am getting my tickets here today and they are doing some shopping, plus waiting for some workers to come and do an accommodation to one of the bedrooms for an older family member who travels with a nurse and is in a wheelchair. Hopefully that works out.

Anyway, long story short, I kept last night and tonight at BWV, canceled Wednesday and Thursday night at BLT and will stay with them those nights, then return to my regularly scheduled room at Boardwalk for Friday through the following Friday. Took the 35 holding points and added an extra weekend night to my Hilton Head stay in March so it all worked out.

I may or may not have internet over there, as not sure if brother knows the passwords to allow me in. I guess I can email my niece if I have to from my phone, but we will probably be talking at one another nonstop anyway. The house is pretty amazing - maybe I'll post some interior pics if I get a chance. It is on the rental market but I really don't want to give identifying info for privacy concerns. There is a well known property down the street though and I'll try to send through a few pics of that for anyone interested in upscale lodgings for very large parties.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61294932@jaysraptor I know we were discussing the Wells Fargo cards a few months ago. Don't know if this would change anything but interesting information on the Biz Plat card regarding the airfare redemption. The higher rate is only advertised on the Visa Signature card but this redditor seems to have received it with only the Biz Plat and Cashwise cards. (Unless they don't know how to math)

Looking for an update on this. Figured this was the best place to ask

Disney Restaurants used to code a "travel" for Discover Card and so didn't accrue the 5% cashback in the restaurant category.
Jul-Sept 2020 Discover Card once again has 5% cashback on Restaurants.
Have a WDW Sept trip planned.
Has anyone had any recent experience? Do WDW eateries still code as "Travel" and not "dining"?
(If you pay directly with the card at the restaurant, not charge to your room)

I loved buying maternity clothes! You can also borrow from a friend that’s your size.
I’m not a big shopper. I’m that person that wears athletic shorts and a T-shirt every day. I’ve only bought a few maternity shirts that are plain so maybe I’ll wear one of those or go and look for one more outfit I could take. A woman at the gym actually gave me a bag of maternity clothes yesterday which I thought was super nice of her. I haven’t tried any of them on yet

The March FP debacle ended up working out very much in my favor. I now have 3 regular FPS (although I need to get the Frozen one to something better since I am pretty sure that is not on DS’s 13th birthday to do list, one anytime TSMM pass and one multi-experience FP that can be used on anything except RoTR, SDD and MMRR.

While I was trying to decide which time to do the Light Saber building, of which there were many, many times available, the entire day is now unavailable. Any chance we will still be able to do this that day? This was one of his must dos.

The droid building is still available so I guess I’ll pick a time slot for that just in case.

We still need to pick his birthday dinner location. So I guess he might be getting his MB soon so he can help with the planning. Happy to hear your suggestion for DHS or that surrounding area? I have Yachtsman booked for our arrival dinner.

Last edited:
The March FP debacle ended up working out very much in my favor. I now have 3 regular FPS (although I need to get the Frozen one to something better since I am pretty sure that is not on DS’s 13th birthday to do list, one anytime TSMM pass and one multi-experience FP that can be used on anything except RoTR, SDD and MMRR.

While I was trying to decide which time to do the Light Saber building, of which there were many, many times available, the entire day is now unavailabl. Any chance we will still be able to do this that day? This was one of his must dos.

The droid building is still available so I guess I’ll pick a time slot for that just in case.

We still need to pick his birthday dinner location. So I guess he might be getting his MB soon so he can help with the planning.
Have you ever seen the Frozen show? In case you weren’t aware, it’s pretty hilarious! It’s one of the few shows at WDW I’d actually consider watching twice on a trip. (I totally get that it might not seem like a teen boys cup of tea though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter