I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to add your companion information on your SW account without having to call.
I will try.

ETA: OK. It let me do it on my computer but not on the app. That was my issue. Thank you.

Last edited:
Gah....disappear and come back to 40 pages to read through. If only Reddit worked on our school network. GRRRR.

I know at least one person on here bashed me for asking about flying my 14 years and 11 mos old daughter on Delta as a "15 year old" to avoid the unaccompanied minor fee. Her dad took her to the airport on Friday (I was in CLE for hockey). She did TSA herself and then walked the VERY LONG DTW McNamara Terminal down to her gate solo. She was actually 1.5 hour early as there was no line at TSA. I texted with her until the plane took off, and again once she got the messaging working on the plane. The family she was meeting was there to get her on the other end with no issues as well. On the way back, the same results.

Considering she's 28 days away now from being 15, I won't have to worry about this issue again. She showed her school ID at TSA, but I did give her a copy of her birth cert too. I also gave her one of "her" credit cards and told her if anything happened at the gate (like they asked to see her birth cert) that she was allowed to pay the added fee.

Again, I talked in depth w/ her about it and she was comfortable flying solo. I talked to the pilot I'm dating about it as well, and he also said to go for it. So while I know others might be upset we scammed the system, she was 30 days away from not requiring the $300 fee. This past summer we didn't fly her to see my sister (her aunt) because I wouldn't have tried "faking her age" then. I wouldn't do this with her really at any younger age, or with my son. But I know I flew at 14 solo, with less flights under my belt then she has. So I wasn't too worried about her being able to do this being 1 month away from the cut off. And TBH, she was over 10 days late when I had her, darn stubborn kid wasn't coming out on her own, LOL. She wanted that St. Patrick's day bday.

My step-daughter has been flying as an unaccompanied minor on Southwest since she was 5. Their fee is "only" $50 each way and we no longer had to pay it once she turned 12. $300 and 15 years sounds insane!

Okay I'm a bit upset. I had the surpass card that came with a free night annually. I paid my AF in October and I've been waiting for the free night to post. I contacted Amex and they said they made a note and I should have within 2 weeks. Well I just messaged today and they said my card no longer has this benefit. When they changed the surpass around I was told I was grandfathered into the free night, which is why I kept the card. Now they are saying my card doesn't have that benefit. I wouldn't have paid the AF, which is why I checked into this.

So now I ask, which is better when you have duplicate cards? The biz version of a card or the personal? The Hilton card I have both the person and biz and they have basically the same offers/benefits. So which is better for this game?

ETA: I have only 1 open Amex spot so I want to get rid of something(
Have the Delta Gold Biz, Everyday, Hilton Biz and Surpass). I got the Surpass in 10/17 and the Biz in 10/19. Originally I was going to cancel the biz, since I THOUGHT I was getting a free night annually. But now I'm wondering, which is better to cancel, since they have the same offers/perks.

Last edited:
Looking for the next card for me and DH. I'd like to start earning rewards that will help us to and from Europe in 2022. I think we've narrowed it down to Delta's amex cards for both of us and that could get us to London for four of us. Now thinking of which cards could help us get home (from Paris or Rome). I don't think we'd be able to earn enough Delta for round trip, so looking for another airline for the flights home. I know UR are very flexible and we plan to maximize our earning of them, so looking for other options to fill in the gaps between UR earning cards. I'm just afraid to get into AA because it would probably take a few cards each to get enough miles and with the shut downs I don't know what is safe. So what other options should we look at? I was looking at United, but I'm not familiar with them so I'm not sure if that's a good airline to fly out of Europe. Is there a card/airline anyone would recommend we look at? We're already all planned out for Chase cards, and amex will be focused on delta and possibly Hilton. Preferably business to keep our x/24 low.
We are flying United round trip from Tucson, Arizona to Frankfurt, Germany at the end of May. We transferred 240,000 Chase UR's to United and booked 4 round trip tickets with those UR's. Airport fees were $560 total.

I was poking around the Hilton site today and noticed something strange... there is no standard room award availability for the Hilton Bonnet Creek for the entire year. There's only premium room rewards, but they are 57k or 60k a night, like I would expect the standard room awards to be. The Waldorf Bonnet Creek has plenty of standard room award availability. Is this a glitch or has this been the case for a while? If they're all premium room awards, then there isn't a way to get the 5th night free on points.

Also, I got my Southwest CP today!! My statement closed 1/22, and the points and the CP were in my account this morning. I have already added DD6 as my companion to 8 flights. :) Thanks everyone!!
@apollodi , I was just looking at the WA again while I was logged into DH's account for something else. I am seeing 3/10 check in available on points. I also see a bunch of dates available in April and may. I didn't keep scrolling past that. So looks like all is well. (I specifically looked at 5 night stays to maximize value.)

PSA for anyone who uses AT&T: if you're like me and have had a ton of credits on your AT&T account, log in and make sure your autopay is still set up. Amex ran so many AT&T offers last year that we've had a credit on our account since last spring (prepaid in large dollar amounts to take advantage of the Amex offers). The credits are about to run out, so I logged into the account to double check it and autopay was turned off! I have no idea how that happened, but it's worth it to log in and make sure if you haven't logged on in a while.

Went in to Target to let the Littles choose their candy heart and came home with Reese's Eggs! Target was all out of Valentine hearts and most everything else valentine, but I got my peanut butter eggs so all is good.

I usually get the kids a little something, but other than that we don't really do Valentine's day. Two years ago we somehow started a new tradition when I forgot to get them something and just took them to pick it out. Now they insist each year.

My son got me peanut butter eggs for my Valentines Day. I had to laugh. But not complaining, I'll eat them :)

Funny you mentioned Adidas, because I was thinking Vans “Old Skools”, but figured if I suggested them I’d be THAT MOM! Haha! Our 12 year old recently was in a wedding and the shoe situation killed me. I hated the idea of buying him shoes that he would never wear again. He’s in an adult size shoe, and they’re not cheap. So I was that mom and bought him brand new black Old Skool Vans that he wore in the wedding and has continued wearing daily since. He received a ton of compliments on them at the wedding.

My 10yo lives in Vans (or etnies). I swear I have 10 pairs around my house. UGH!

But you have “dry” heat as everyone says. We’ve been to visit the ILs in Phoenix in July and 115-120 degrees is hot as heck dry heat or not.

I lived in Vegas and used to always say when it's 120 it doesn't matter if it's a "dry heat" LOL.

That is a ridiculously long walk! Glad it all worked out for you.

I was most worried about her getting the farthest gate, and that's exactly what she got. But she acted like it was no big deal. Proud of her :)

My step-daughter has been flying as an unaccompanied minor on Southwest since she was 5. Their fee is "only" $50 each way and we no longer had to pay it once she turned 12. $300 and 15 years sounds insane!

The fee on Delta is $150/way. So it would have been $300. It's required for under 15. I couldn't stomach $300...for what? To allow her dad to take her to the gate? Actually in Detroit they are piloting a program. I missed the deadline for him to get a gate pass, but I managed to get one to pick her up at the gate. I mean on the flight she could text us. I have tracking on her as well, so I could see her little bubble was at the airport and even at her gate, LOL. I understand much younger kids using/needing the service, but at the point she has her driver's training permit, and a cell phone and goes to HS.....I think $300 is crazy stupid.

@apollodi , I was just looking at the WA again while I was logged into DH's account for something else. I am seeing 3/10 check in available on points. I also see a bunch of dates available in April and may. I didn't keep scrolling past that. So looks like all is well. (I specifically looked at 5 night stays to maximize value.)
Thanks for checking! I have always seen something similar for the Waldorf, but the Hilton has almost no availability. Except for the entire month of Jan. 2021, which is wide open for 5 night stays. It's very weird.

Gah....disappear and come back to 40 pages to read through. If only Reddit worked on our school network. GRRRR.

I know at least one person on here bashed me for asking about flying my 14 years and 11 mos old daughter on Delta as a "15 year old" to avoid the unaccompanied minor fee. Her dad took her to the airport on Friday (I was in CLE for hockey). She did TSA herself and then walked the VERY LONG DTW McNamara Terminal down to her gate solo. She was actually 1.5 hour early as there was no line at TSA. I texted with her until the plane took off, and again once she got the messaging working on the plane. The family she was meeting was there to get her on the other end with no issues as well. On the way back, the same results.

Considering she's 28 days away now from being 15, I won't have to worry about this issue again. She showed her school ID at TSA, but I did give her a copy of her birth cert too. I also gave her one of "her" credit cards and told her if anything happened at the gate (like they asked to see her birth cert) that she was allowed to pay the added fee.

Again, I talked in depth w/ her about it and she was comfortable flying solo. I talked to the pilot I'm dating about it as well, and he also said to go for it. So while I know others might be upset we scammed the system, she was 30 days away from not requiring the $300 fee. This past summer we didn't fly her to see my sister (her aunt) because I wouldn't have tried "faking her age" then. I wouldn't do this with her really at any younger age, or with my son. But I know I flew at 14 solo, with less flights under my belt then she has. So I wasn't too worried about her being able to do this being 1 month away from the cut off. And TBH, she was over 10 days late when I had her, darn stubborn kid wasn't coming out on her own, LOL. She wanted that St. Patrick's day bday.

Well as I’ve told many immature people just because you can doesn’t mean you should. As for being bashed wow, pointing out laws and respect for such is so mean.

Anything! lol. I just got to looking at it yesterday when I looked up Efteling as DH had requested it...

It's beautiful! If you want to go I would do so in the spring cause it's really somewhere you want to walk around and get lost in. the food is delicious. We loved the museums and architecture. The country side is absolutely breathtaking, the pictures you see of the windmills and all the different colored flowers don't do it justice. The canal cruises are fun and you can get great pictures. But honestly the food is just amazing! I would go back and just eat my way through the whole trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter