I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just missed you both ways in Tampa. Glad we left early. Our flight took off about 8 am. I was worried about that line of thunderstorms coming. Instead we flew through it and got lots of turbulence. I am way behind, so hopefully you got home by now.
Yes, we got home about 90 minutes late. Not too bad. I am home, unpacked and catching up on Bravo. Kid's are at their dad's. Glad you got out. Maybe I'm lucky we waited and missed the turbulence!

Does anyone have any experience with the new perk on the Chase British Air visa that gives a credit of some of the fees? I just booked three award tickets, and I'm wondering how long it will be for them to give me the credit. I think they say something ridiculous like 6 weeks in the fine print, but I wanted to see if it's usually right away and they just say that to CYA.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I have been looking at the Chase offers-mostly the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I will look athe the CSR. For paying off my auto loans, can I load funds in a Plastiq account to help hit my MSR?
You're welcome! When I started in this I was scared of the $450 AF of the Reserve, but really if you are going to spend $300 on travel it's only $150. So I started with the Preferred and then upgraded after a year. I did get two support clicks off it so even though I only got the 1.25 for redemptions the first year it worked out okay.

I've only done Plastiq a little bit, but yes you should be able to pay those car loans off using that. Keep in mind the fees you'd be paying though. Generally it is worth it when you are getting a nice sign up bonus (SUB), but then you would have met your MSR quickly and would either be without an MSR or have to get another card from another issuer. If you really want to get into this, I'd start thinking about a "business" :D

You may like it. We just don't enjoy crowded places like that. The Sand Key area which is just over the bridge was great for us. I know @Alexle2007 thought the Sand Key area was more boring and I think they preferred the bustle of the Clearwater area, different strokes for different folks. I would absolutely have a panic attack if I had to sit on the Clearwater beach. lol Even this weekend, when I thought it was way too cold for the water, it was crowded.
Hmnnn ok. I like a quiet beach but nearby hustle and bustle for the evenings. So maybe sand key? We might just do marco again.

You may like it. We just don't enjoy crowded places like that. The Sand Key area which is just over the bridge was great for us. I know @Alexle2007 thought the Sand Key area was more boring and I think they preferred the bustle of the Clearwater area, different strokes for different folks. I would absolutely have a panic attack if I had to sit on the Clearwater beach. lol Even this weekend, when I thought it was way too cold for the water, it was crowded.
@disneymagicgirl Yep, we preferred the Sandpearl Resort location which is in Clearwater Beach. We liked being able to park the car and walk to the different restaurants and shops. We did not find the beach crowded when we were there in mid June. Sand Key was forever getting to the ocean so we went once and were done. We are used to going to Ocean City, MD so the FL crowds was nothing compared to OCMD in July.

Plastiq nerfing MC GC has messed up my ability to easily make large spends. I don't have things I can prepay and don't want to buy up gc to sit on so I'm looking for ideas. Now I only need to make up $1250 after fees since I was only paying 3 mos of it and my mortgage is only $400.

I've gotten a serve card but I have a huge aversion to walmart (I haven't set foot in one since 2011) and it's my only option for loading serve, assuming the ones around me are friendly to it. The other obstacle is that none of them are really near anything I go to and so are out of the way and would require special trips. And none are conducive for after work trips due to traffic so it would all need to be done on a Saturday and probably just that day. With the smaller amount I think it'd be do able since I could theoretically do two swipes at once, though I'd be more comfortable with one at least to start.

I've also read a little bit about Melio and wondered if anyone knows anything about it. It seems to be like plastiq but for businesses. My mortgage is for my rental so I figure it would work but I don't know if I can use MC GC and the small bit I've done hasn't had any info on it.

I don't want to do MO because at this point I don't want to open a 2nd bank account and I'm pretty sure that it would just put me back at Walmart anyway. I also don't want to bank fund because I don't have the money to pay the card while the other money sits in the bank for however long it needs to for the bonus.

The cards I'm looking at going forward to put towards Asia are in the $4-5k min spend so I need to figure something out.

Are there any ways that I've missed aside from getting over my issues with walmart?
I'm not first hand familiar but I thought prepaid debit weren't working with Melio. If you weren't an existing customer before, they have upped the fee to 2.9%. Also seem to have the same debt payments restriction for Visa and Amex cards, so not sure you could direct pay the mortgage on those. Might be some info in the DoC comments -

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/meli...-credit-cards-for-2-5-fee-plastiq-competitor/

As for bank funding, if you're not looking for a long term account you could just look for banks that allow funding without being in it for a bonus. Probably burn the bank so wouldn't want to do it with someone you may want to actually use, but if you get desperate it's an option to research.

I am getting ready to pay off my Disney Vacation package, which includes resort stay and tickets. Just wondering if both the CSR and CIP will result in 3% points for travel?

We rode Hagrids this morning and it was amazing!! We were on the first boat to leave Portofino around 7. We were third in line at the gates. They started scanning around 7:45. We had about a 5 min delay as 2 tickets wouldn't work. We walked at a normal pace towards Poseidon where they held us in a queue for about 20 or so minutes. Then we heard the ride running around 8 and we started moving. Went under the arch into Hogsmead around 8:15 and boarded at 8:38. It was such a great experience and we really lucked out they started the ride so early. Yesterday it didn't start until 9. Hopefully this bodes well for future days.

DD and my niece.

0FC49A10-23D8-4D08-A6DA-0D210ADAD71D.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not first hand familiar but I thought prepaid debit weren't working with Melio. If you weren't an existing customer before, they have upped the fee to 2.9%. Also seem to have the same debt payments restriction for Visa and Amex cards, so not sure you could direct pay the mortgage on those. Might be some info in the DoC comments -

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/meli...-credit-cards-for-2-5-fee-plastiq-competitor/

As for bank funding, if you're not looking for a long term account you could just look for banks that allow funding without being in it for a bonus. Probably burn the bank so wouldn't want to do it with someone you may want to actually use, but if you get desperate it's an option to research.

I did more research after I posted and they don't let you use mc gc and it also seems being a sole prop has caused issues for a few people so it'd be out for that too.

Not sure I'd be comfortable with burning a bank but I guess at least if I funded it that way and then did serve I wouldn't upset my cu which I do like. Oddly the one bank I do want to do a bonus with isn't on the list that funds with a cc or doesn't. But I'm waiting to see if they do the same thing as last year which was $200 or $300 and a Mariners jersey :) I just couldn't do it last year.

I can't do another card until March at the earliest but I need a plan in place so I know what card I can do. Or if I can get over my walmart issue since I'm just using their service not really supporting them. They are my only no fee option for serve.

We rode Hagrids this morning and it was amazing!! We were on the first boat to leave Portofino around 7. We were third in line at the gates. They started scanning around 7:45. We had about a 5 min delay as 2 tickets wouldn't work. We walked at a normal pace towards Poseidon where they held us in a queue for about 20 or so minutes. Then we heard the ride running around 8 and we stared moving. Went under the arch into Hogsmead around 8:15 and boarded at 8:38. It was such a great experience and we really lucked out they started the ride so early. Yesterday it didn't start until 9. Hopefully this bodes well for future days.

DD and my niece.

View attachment 462596
Yay! We can’t wait to ride it again in 2 weeks!

We rode Hagrids this morning and it was amazing!! We were on the first boat to leave Portofino around 7. We were third in line at the gates. They started scanning around 7:45. We had about a 5 min delay as 2 tickets wouldn't work. We walked at a normal pace towards Poseidon where they held us in a queue for about 20 or so minutes. Then we heard the ride running around 8 and we stared moving. Went under the arch into Hogsmead around 8:15 and boarded at 8:38. It was such a great experience and we really lucked out they started the ride so early. Yesterday it didn't start until 9. Hopefully this bodes well for future days.

DD and my niece.

We will be there to ride it in February and also staying at Portofino. Can’t wait! It looks awesome.
[/QUOTE]

Starbucks in the harbor at Portofino opens at 6:30. We popped in there for coffee and pastries and ate on the boat. It was perfect to hold us over for a few hours. We had club level but it didn't open until 7.

Good to know. We are staying club level. Will we need to be there early for Hagrid’s with the Express Pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter