I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d feel uneasy of April travel. Skeptical about May. June feels like a maybe to me and July I’m optimistic on. That’s my scale of feelings right now. I think everybody might approach this differently though.

EDIT: I’d feel a lot better about end of May than beginning of May. I REALLY hope Memorial Day travel is a thing we are all celebrating!!
I was just telling my husband the same time line was what I was thinking. Of course, my next trip isn’t until November but that is just due to my normal work schedule - nothing virus related.

I am struggling with when to jump back in to traveling. My next trip was at the end of May, flying to Utah. TBH, I am just not feeling up to getting on a plane right now. While I think things will ease up in the next two months, I really don't feel like I will be comfortable flying that soon. Trip after that was July to Glacier. I am probably a little nuts from staying at home so long but actually thinking of driving to Glacier. Yeah it is a loooong drive, but with 3 drivers it would be doable. And we would be going right by T. Roosevelt NP. Probably never get there otherwise. On the other hand, flights are now dirt cheap to Glacier.

Anyone else struggling? How do you feel July will be - normal, more normal but not going anywhere? Would you feel better traveling by car than plane?
My parents are supposed to come two weeks after the baby is born. I’m due April 23. At this point I think they’ve decided flying isn’t gonna happen. They’re on the fence about driving just because they most likely would have to stop at a hotel somewhere which could still have its own issues. Then dh’s parents were planning on coming in June but would have to fly. If there are still issues I probably will have to tell them they can’t come because I don’t want us getting sick. Then in July we want to fly to Iowa to see family. I’m hoping by July everything is much better

We have a WDW trip scheduled for Memorial Day, but will cancel if it means we have to quarantine again afterwards. Not worth it for a 4 day trip.

After that, we have a big trip the beginning of July. We are supposed to celebrate our 20th anniversary with all of my extended family at WDW the first week, then fly to Puerto Rico for a week-long S. Carib cruise. Disney is definitely happening, but the cruise part may get postponed. If the world is still too chaotic, we could just stay in our vacation rental for 2 weeks.

Well guys I’m officially on unemployment 😢 and DH will be next week. These are incredibly scary times for the iflossu household. Never thought in a million years either of us would file for unemployment. Especially not at the same time 🥺We’re both fortunate to have lucrative and stable careers, but sadly neither of us is essential at the moment. DH has been furloughed for 4 weeks to help with social distancing at his large company, but will not be paid. As a hygienist, I’m going to be out until further notice. I know we’ll come out ok on the other side of this, but the unknowns are completely terrifying.

On a positive, our kids started online school this week and it has been an absolute blessing to be home to help them navigate that new territory. This situation has given me a certain perspective on life that I think I very much needed.

Credit card situation-need to finish MSR on Hilton Biz and new CIP, because I’m not a quitter 😂 but it will take the full 90 days as we obviously have to limit spending.

We will postpone our May DL trip, but I’m hopeful 🤞🏻 we can travel as planned from July through the end of 2020.

Well guys I’m officially on unemployment 😢 and DH will be next week. These are incredibly scary times for the iflossu household. Never thought in a million years either of us would file for unemployment. Especially not at the same time 🥺We’re both fortunate to have lucrative and stable careers, but sadly neither of us is essential at the moment. DH has been furloughed for 4 weeks to help with social distancing at his large company, but will not be paid. As a hygienist, I’m going to be out until further notice. I know we’ll come out ok on the other side of this, but the unknowns are completely terrifying.

On a positive, our kids started online school this week and it has been an absolute blessing to be home to help them navigate that new territory. This situation has given me a certain perspective on life that I think I very much needed.

Credit card situation-need to finish MSR on Hilton Biz and new CIP, because I’m not a quitter 😂 but it will take the full 90 days as we obviously have to limit spending.

We will postpone our May DL trip, but I’m hopeful 🤞🏻 we can travel as planned from July through the end of 2020.
I’m so sorry. It’s so scary right now, on all fronts.

ahh...I had to stick my 2 cents in on the Mousecellaneous Board...

waiting now to get blasted
With some free social distancing time on my hands today I ended up reading that whole thread (even though I decided to stay far away after reading it when it first popped up). By the end of it, I was so frustrated that I had to chime in. And the armchair lawyers don’t give up when confronted by an actual lawyer. I just can’t with these people. I’m blaming you...

With some free social distancing time on my hands today I ended up reading that whole thread (even though I decided to stay far away after reading it when it first popped up). By the end of it, I was so frustrated that I had to chime in. And the armchair lawyers don’t give up when confronted by an actual lawyer. I just can’t with these people. I’m blaming you...

So sorry! Frustration made me say something but as stated, I barely made a blip because most people there only want to hear themselves talking.

So now I'm off to read your post.

Edit: Stop while you are ahead. (I mean ahead of this giving you a headache!)

There's nothing more to be gained from even reading. Common sense will never apply there.

Last edited:

It's hard to react to your post. I'm Sad for your unfortunate news, but I Like that you have a plan and your positive outlook. I have my 🤞 for you and all our other DIS friends working through this tough time. I hope everyone can keep positive while navigating this new territory. :)

:hug: How scary. Hope you do come out ok and glad to hear that you can still see something positive in the situation. :hug:

So sorry! Frustration made me say something but as stated, I barely made a blip because most people there only want to hear themselves talking.

So now I'm off to read your post.

Edit: Stop while you are ahead. (I mean ahead of this giving you a headache!)

There's nothing more to be gained from even reading. Common sense will never apply there.
Yeah, I just made my last post. I’m not dealing with people working with a full deck. It makes me appreciate the intelligence on this thread even more. I’m out.

And even those of us that are dumb are open to learning around here 🤣
And that’s why for the most part this has become the thread I hang out on. I used to be regular on all of the DVC boards (and I still occasionally post over there), but man they are exhausting. It all went down hill after the 2020 point reallocation debacle. It really emboldened a lot of people over there to think they they are experts in timeshare law and everything to do with Disney. They truly believe they are the “Disney police” and are the only thing keeping Disney and other nefarious actors from taking advantage of all us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter