I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had my last baby, I had a group of board friends waiting for an update. I had posted to them at 11:30pm that I had just gone into labor and was going to try to get some sleep before heading to the hospital. I posted again at 6am that I was there and in my room. They didn't hear from me again until about 10pm. As much as I loved them all, they just weren't the first thing on my mind lol! I'm sure Haley and her dh are just over the moon in love with this new little person :love:

Thank you for this. I’ve been worring since 10:00 this morning. I’ve checked in here about every 30 min. I definitely know how busy things can get.

Computer skills...

There is still a divide when it comes to computer skills such as spreadsheets and other documents and programs.

What our kids are/were learning in high school, junior high and now elementary school still eludes many of the over 40ties. I started to say over 50ties but, remembered what DD said to me earlier this week.

Much of her 'work at home' is teaching teachers how to deal with and use spreadsheets and other programs. If they are at a certain age, they were not required to learn a lot of this stuff and their day to day work does not require it. Now, with the Pandemic, so many things have changed and a lot of them are learning on the fly with the distance learning/teaching. DD fields calls all day long for this type of help.

Computer skills...

There is still a divide when it comes to computer skills such as spreadsheets and other documents and programs.

What our kids are/were learning in high school, junior high and now elementary school still eludes many of the over 40ties. I started to say over 50ties but, remembered what DD said to me earlier this week.

Much of her 'work at home' is teaching teachers how to deal with and use spreadsheets and other programs. If they are at a certain age, they were not required to learn a lot of this stuff and their day to day work does not require it. Now, with the Pandemic, so many things have changed and a lot of them are learning on the fly with the distance learning/teaching. DD fields calls all day long for this type of help.
I guess I am lucky and get to use spreadsheets in the workplace at almost 50. One of DS’s teachers is in his 60s and the poor man is having to learn how to use the portal for assignments. He is a real trooper!

I'm thinking @Haley R is used to sleeping until noon. She was up at 6:23am. Combined with the hard work of the delivery if she has already delivered, she is just pooped out tired. Plus all those nurses and staff doing all the stuff that gets done in the first day and the family calls. So much going on! Plus baby and the nursing attempts.

Hopefully she is through labor and baby is here already.
Ummmm hopefully not. 11:22 pm is not here yet. And it takes a lot of effort to birth a 24 lb 8 oz record breaking baby...

I guess I am lucky and get to use spreadsheets in the workplace at almost 50. One of DS’s teachers is in his 60s and the poor man is having to learn how to use the portal for assignments. He is a real trooper!

In my job I started out having to use code and then a few years later moved on to windows based computers. Eventually back in the very early nineties I went back to college (nights) just to get a basic course, which at that time helped me very substantially to get ahead in my workplace.

Over in Fairfax County, Va they are trying to use the Blackboard portal for distance learning. The thing keeps crashing on them. It's absolutely overwhelmed right now. These big platforms have never been tested quite like this before.

Your sons teacher is not the only one. I would say it's pretty widespread, age wise, when it comes to using specialized programs. I think most of the under 40ties can usually handle a spreadsheet, if they made it through high school, but before that, kids did not have computers individually in school. Maybe a few in a lab. We've come a long way.

In my job I started out having to use code and then a few years later moved on to windows based computers. Eventually back in the very early nineties I went back to college (nights) just to get a basic course, which at that time helped me very substantially to get ahead in my workplace.

Over in Fairfax County, Va they are trying to use the Blackboard portal for distance learning. The thing keeps crashing on them. It's absolutely overwhelmed right now. These big platforms have never been tested quite like this before.

Your sons teacher is not the only one. I would say it's pretty widespread, age wise, when it comes to using specialized programs. I think most of the under 40ties can usually handle a spreadsheet, if they made it through high school, but before that, kids did not have computers individually in school. Maybe a few in a lab. We've come a long way.
Yep. It’s funny because the kids keep telling their teachers how to navigate to things. And, luckily, Mr. O is awesome so he just keeps pushing through.

I love spreadsheets. Maybe that's weird. I organize all my trips in either Excel or GoogleDocs (really sad that spreadsheet I started isn't getting used :sad: ) and same with the ccard stuff. I just love how it all stays so organized with all the columns and rows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter