I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decisions, decisions.

We arrive 7/10. MK and AK open 7/11 by reservation. We leave 7/15, the day DHS and Epcot open. What's on the line? Some expiring DVC points (I need to untangle that and see how many and what year) and a Riviera reservation booked on UR points which can no longer be done. Feeling a little conflicted.

USO and SeaWorld are opening so soon, I respect that Disney is taking longer to put things in place, but I wasn't expecting this much longer.

I know others will chime in with good advice. Looks like you are good to get most cards. Most of us would try and get you a Chase Business Card but Chase has clamped down on getting them right now. For your situation I would start with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. You get 60,000 UR Points after you spend $4000 in 3 months. You can cash out that and it would be worth $600. If you are in 2 player mode - then after you meet the MSR on that card - refer your Player 2 . You will get a 15,000 point referral and then player 2 will get 60,000 points. When all is said and done you could cash out about $1400 between just these 2 cards. There is a $95 annual fee on this card but the bonus more than makes up for that.

Ooooo this is why I asked here-thank you! Off to do googling now! As someone who's only ever had like 3 credit cards in my whole life, I have a learning curve lol.

Decisions, decisions.

We arrive 7/10. MK and AK open 7/11 by reservation. We leave 7/15, the day DHS and Epcot open. What's on the line? Some expiring DVC points (I need to untangle that and see how many and what year) and a Riviera reservation booked on UR points which can no longer be done. Feeling a little conflicted.

USO and SeaWorld are opening so soon, I respect that Disney is taking longer to put things in place, but I wasn't expecting this much longer.
I think I would still try to go... enjoy the new resort and other Orlando attractions.

Decisions, decisions.

I’m also surprised how late they’re pushing it out. We have expiring points too. I am pretty sure we are still going - if pools are open. If not, I’m reconsidering.

We’ve been having some rough nights because Elliott has horrible gas and cries out/grunts in his sleep. He isn’t sleeping much longer than 30 minutes at a time sometimes. We’ve tried every possible thing to help gas but his little body just has to develop.
Our DD was like this. I nursed and ate A LOT of lettuce. Pediatrician told me to stop eating lettuce/salad for a while and see if it helped. I did quit and she stopped having trouble. No idea if this helps you.

I’m also surprised how late they’re pushing it out. We have expiring points too. I am pretty sure we are still going - if pools are open. If not, I’m reconsidering.
I didn't hear anything about park hours, do you think the parks will close early? Might as well shift my dining, I've got Mama Melrose for 7/13. I think we'll go, but I will ask the kids. I think ODS will bow out with these limitations. I guess if that's his block leave dates, he can take care of my cats lol I was going back and forth on renting a car, but now I think I will.

Decisions, decisions.

I didn't see anything about the resorts reopening. Did you read that somewhere? I saw the proposed park dates on Disney Food Blog. I'm a DVC owner, so curious...

I booked our return flights from Japan this morning! We will be flying JAL first class from Tokyo to Richmond on April 21. It was a day earlier than I would have liked, but the flights over the next two days weren't great, so I just decided to go for it. Really looking forward to our trip! Now to rebook all the hotels!

I didn't hear anything about park hours, do you think the parks will close early? Might as well shift my dining, I've got Mama Melrose for 7/13. I think we'll go, but I will ask the kids. I think ODS will bow out with these limitations. I guess if that's his block leave dates, he can take care of my cats lol I was going back and forth on renting a car, but now I think I will.
I didn’t hear anything about hours but I won’t be surprised if they close early.
My family still wants to go so we’re going.

Any reason to keep P2's CITI Biz AAdvantage card open? Haven't used it since meeting MSR almost a year ago. Annual fee should post in mid-June.

No GE interviews through 7/6 but time to complete application is now 18 months. Trying to take care of this for me and DS. For DS I may just get him TSA precheck on my SW Performance Biz.
I hadn't seen the 7/6 date. We have renewal appointments for 7/9 so crossing my fingers they don't change that date. I tried to do my renewal on the way back from LHR last week, but they weren't doing any arrival appointments at LAX despite the three messages I received from GE telling me this was an option! It was weird. I applied for the kids renewals at the end of 2019 and they we're renewed no problem. I did DH and me a short while later (due to late year birthdays), and we both were conditionally re-approved with an interview requirement. I guess if anyone was going to have appointments it's better that it was DH and I since the kids are in college, but still a PITA. We moved so I wonder if that's what triggered the interview requirement or if it was just (bad)luck of the draw.

I had one who was super sensitive to dairy as well. Only took a few days of no dairy to see his eczema clearing and fussiness getting better. He actually finally outgrew the dairy sensitivity just last year when he turned 10yo. Now he eats Mickey Bars!!
I should chime in here regarding dairy sensitivity. Both of my kids were dairy sensitive. The first one cried so much. I knew something was wrong. Doc wasn't much concerned. He said give up dairy for a few days and see what happens. I did that and still she cried. Weeks later, I read something in a booklet saying you need to give up dairy for 2 solid weeks before it would completely clear breastmilk. At wits end, I tried it. Amazingly enough, crying stopped on exactly day 14. Coincidence? No, because I tested her again a month or two later and reconfirmed the dairy problem. With second baby, I stopped consuming dairy early on and kept it up. Second child couldn't eat dairy without symptoms until at least 5 or 6 years old. The good news is we all ate both Mickey bars and 50's Primetime PB&J milkshakes this past weekend with no problem.

Good luck @Haley R . It's so frustrating when your baby is crying and you don't know what to do. My doctor was not much help to me. He said lay her down and let her cry but I did not do that. I kept doing whatever I could until I found stuff that worked. It took awhile. Hang in there.

Decisions, decisions.

Tough call. Personally I’d have a hard time spending that much UR on Riviera and not being able to take advantage of the Skyliner. But if you don’t have another use for those UR in mind, then it could be worth it. It is a lovely place to stay. Taking into account the expiring DVC points I’d probably go and just try to really enjoy the resorts and take a very relaxed pace at MK/AK/DS. Or maybe try to add on a day if possible to get into EP/DHS.

What is the significance of May 31st with regard to the CSR doordash credit? I was thinking I had to use the first $60 credit by May 31, but now I don't see that requirement? I'm sure my memory is failing me again, lol.

Hi everyone!

I've been a member for a long time but go years at a time without posting. First set of kids grew up and out of trips, but now with a 5yo-getting back into it (yea!). So I'm looking for some credit card advice , to help out with a May 2021 trip! I looked at the format in the sticky, so I'm using that to ask.

08/19 BOA MC Amtrak rewards
I also have a Visa from a credit union I've had for many years.

I don't carry any balance on either. I can put a spend of $1000 monthly on it, perhaps more. I'm not interested in airline points-I live just under 2 hrs from Disney so I just drive. Also not into hotel points, I like Pop Century.

So, my goal is to make some points or $ to put towards the trip. I know it won't be much, but any amounts helps! I am open to closing the old card, and even the BOA one-I got that one to earn points for train travel but with current events, I'm only traveling by my own car, so I don't need that. I have about enough points on that one to cover a $100 Disney gift card.

My first thought was, get a Chase Disney card, but I wanted to ask here to see if there are better options! Thanks for any advice!

Is Disney the only thing you have in mind? If so, i think u should look into travel eraser cards. this is where u can erase your travel expenses with the points u earned. (article here). they are still restrictive though.
Like what @LynnTH said, the CSP is a good start, u can earn quite a bit of points with the UR line. You can redeem these UR at $.01 per point against your statement. its not that great and u can get a better value booking for other trips other than Disney, ie perhaps Disney Tokyo or Disney Shanghai in the future.
your last option is to find perhaps a cashback card. depending on what you have. if you have a nice investment account, store them at BOA and each credit card gives u a nice boost. If not, there are a few 2% cards(ie Double cash) that gives u 2% off everywhere and u can use that to pay for your disney trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter