I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@elgerber @Lain
Appreciate your help this afternoon. I ended up calling Hawaiian as I needed to have my 2 accounts merged. Barclay assigned me a new account number despite the fact that I provided my existing account number on the application 🙄 Oh well. Hawaiian was extremely friendly and helpful in getting my new account set up, and I can now login and see the 17.5k flight.

I’m strongly considering booking this flight now with MR’s even though it’s not until October, and there may be a future transfer bonus/I will have HawaiianMiles in a couple of months. This is the best flight time I have seen available at this rate and I’m afraid if I wait for the planets to align I may get a less ideal flight time. Decisions decisions

October 7th
One way from Lihue to Phoenix

Thank you! 😊
ETA: @elgerber

Also, if I may suggest, I see that LIH>PHX flight has a layover in HNL. Be sure to activate the Priority Pass benefit on your Platinum card so you (and two guests) can access the Hawaiian Airlines Plumeria Lounge (part of the Priority Pass network) in the Interisland Terminal. I posted some pics here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/post-59715334
Yes, that's soft drinks, POG, beer, an espresso machine, wine, and usually some kind of soup and sandwiches available to you gratis. It's a quiet lounge; never too many people. My kiddo loves the Hawaiian Airlines little snack mix bags. I love the Honolulu Cookie Company shortbread cookies, but they weren't out when we stopped by last week.

We are a family of 6 from Texas. Currently holding NO credit cards. No payments except Student loan actually.
We are going to Disney in May/June 2021 and staying at Fort Wilderness...and pulling our camper.
IF we got a card to payoff each month, we would spend about $1600 with bills and house stuff as our mortgage only allows checks.

Anyone successfully open a Chase business checking account online and receive the bonus? I'm seriously considering the $500 bonus offer but don't want to spend an hour sitting in the bank .
I’m curious about this too. Thought about going through the online application to see if there’s a place to enter the offer code, just haven’t gotten around to it. Hopefully someone can answer.
I did it in branch and it really was easy - didn’t take too long. Maybe 20 minutes?
I don’t know if you remember, but I posted about accidentally letting the balance go below the required $2500. They give you something like 20 business days to fund the account and I realized about the dip below with one day to spare. I got the balance back up and my $500 bonus posted last week!
Aside from my stupid mistake it was an easy bonus to get and $500 is pretty awesome.
I think it’s worth the trip into the branch.

Be sure to activate the Priority Pass benefit on your Platinum card
Activated Priority Pass within 24 hours of holding the card. LOL! That may be an exaggeration, but I did it right away. I haven’t gotten far enough in planning to investigate lounges, but that layover had me thinking about one. It will be DH and I alone so we’ll be good to go. Also going to PHX early on departure day to visit The Centurion Lounge. 😃

We are a family of 6 from Texas. Currently holding NO credit cards. No payments except Student loan actually.
We are going to Disney in May/June 2021 and staying at Fort Wilderness...and pulling our camper.
IF we got a card to payoff each month, we would spend about $1600 with bills and house stuff as our mortgage only allows checks.
You could still do the chase ink preferred. You can use plastiq to pay your student loan. It’s a 2.5% fee but the bonus from the credit card will help off set it and if you use a dischurners support it gives back to you.
we stayed a fort wilderness and used some of the UR back when disney was on there. Right now saving up UR to cash out for tickets.

DP: I submitted DD's GE application at 9PM on 1/7/2020 and she was conditionally approved at 3AM today. That was super fast. Hopefully the partial gov't shut down won't affect DD2s application process, haven't submitted that one yet, was going to do that this weekend when I saw my mom since we are going to use her United card.
Wait, what partial gov’t shutdown? I know my agency is fully funded. I thought the others were also.

DP: I submitted DD's GE application at 9PM on 1/7/2020 and she was conditionally approved at 3AM today. That was super fast. Hopefully the partial gov't shut down won't affect DD2s application process, haven't submitted that one yet, was going to do that this weekend when I saw my mom since we are going to use her United card.

We applied for DD last week and got conditional approval in 48 hours...............can't get an interview appt until June though. :mad:

We applied for DD last week and got conditional approval in 48 hours...............can't get an interview appt until June though. :mad:
My dh still hasn't received his conditional approval after 3?4? months :( He thinks it might have something to do with the fact his fingerprints etc are on file due to multiple things (securities industry etc). Mine took like 36 hours, go figure.

If you managed to spend $1600/month for three months, you would only be $200 short for the bonus. You might try prepaying a utility bill or using Plastiq for your loans like @3 DD love princesses suggested.

That $800 will come in handy to buy one QS meal for a family of 6 at WDW. (Joking! It might buy two.) :p

I just typed out a whole long thing with a question and then thought, this would be better on reddit.

Just posted a question in the "what card" thread if anyone has time to take a look!

:thanks:

My dh still hasn't received his conditional approval after 3?4? months :( He thinks it might have something to do with the fact his fingerprints etc are on file due to multiple things (securities industry etc). Mine took like 36 hours, go figure.

My unsubstantiated theory is its a male/female thing. When DS applied last year, it took 14 weeks to get conditional. DW was 10 days and now DD at 48 hrs.

No one else wants to go in February I guess lol. Only one lodge was sold out on the Portal and I only booked two months out.

What's the weather like in February? Do you think that's why? Asking because I'm considering going to Arizona, too.

My unsubstantiated theory is its a male/female thing. When DS applied last year, it took 14 weeks to get conditional. DW was 10 days and now DD at 48 hrs.

DH, DD and I took about the same amount of time though.

You may be able to pay your mortgage with a cc but I would not plan on it with a Visa (or Amex). With $1600 month spend, the CIP spend requirement isn't that far out of reach. Do you happen to know your credit score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter