I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My unsubstantiated theory is its a male/female thing. When DS applied last year, it took 14 weeks to get conditional. DW was 10 days and now DD at 48 hrs.
I’ll give you a new DP to ponder. DH & DS applied and were conditionally approved in 24 hours. I applied the following day and it took 3-4 months for approval (it was last year, I forget exactly how long). I was actually really annoyed because I always manage everything, bills, CCs, vacations etc. So I told DH he had to step up and do something. Then he applies for DS and himself and gets approved. I applied for myself and bam, wait 3 months. So now he thinks all this stuff is super easy. Lol.

Anyone have any trip ideas for us to use up some credit card freebies? We have a Delta companion pass that expires 3/31 (we would fly from MSP) and two free Hyatt nights (up to Category 4). Thinking DH and I take a kid-free 2 night trip somewhere with those things, but don't want to spend much extra money beyond the one airfare. Open to suggestions, as we just can't seem to decide what to do.

Anyone have any trip ideas for us to use up some credit card freebies? We have a Delta companion pass that expires 3/31 (we would fly from MSP) and two free Hyatt nights (up to Category 4). Thinking DH and I take a kid-free 2 night trip somewhere with those things, but don't want to spend much extra money beyond the one airfare. Open to suggestions, as we just can't seem to decide what to do.

Fun! You could do a flexible search in Google Flights. Just enter MSP and leave the destination blank. Then under airlines only check Delta (or SkyTeam if that's all it lets you do).

Cross check with Hyatt Category 4 hotels (or go lower if nothing appeals):
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/explore-hotels?regionGroup=0-All&categories=4

How fun! What about New Orleans? All the Hyatt properties there are Cat 4 or lower.

(Yes, I’ve been craving some NoLA iced coffee and beignets.)

SW CP- Has anyone been able to add their companion who has earned CP this year? I don’t remember it taking this long before for the add companion to show up. It shows that the points are complete but that doesn’t help. I have 7 nights to add DS to.

I was going to suggest New Orleans but @Lain beat me to it - another great option is Vegas since you want kid free. MGM Grand and Park MGM are category 4 Hyatt properties.

Andaz San Diego is also a Cat 4 and it would be nice and warm there.

Also, this place at Monterey looks nice

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/c...-hotel-and-spa-on-del-monte-golf-course/mrydm

Decided to try DM on Twitter.

Ahh...I am being forced to join social media this morning. Daughter is sending videos through Instagram and if I didn't sign up for it I miss everything. Except for the texts, and then she's sending me stuff that won't open with my current connection - not at home - frustrating.

However, she left HK airport and I had an Instagram tour of her walking to the ferry to take it to Macau where her first hotel is. Then she's walking to her hotel. She video's the inside of a 7-11 aka @Haley R wuztraveling and got a snack there. One thing was interesting - the languages on the signs - of course, the countries language and English, plus French, and Portuguese. I guess I better bone up on some history of the region and then I may better understand some of the references. I've taken little note in the past so I'm pretty clueless about China and the only thing that comes to mind are The Great Wall and the dynasty's. I know I'm pretty sorry. Maybe I should have gone also.

Ahh...I am being forced to join social media this morning. Daughter is sending videos through Instagram and if I didn't sign up for it I miss everything. Except for the texts, and then she's sending me stuff that won't open with my current connection - not at home - frustrating.

However, she left HK airport and I had an Instagram tour of her walking to the ferry to take it to Macau where her first hotel is. Then she's walking to her hotel. She video's the inside of a 7-11 aka @Haley R wuztraveling and got a snack there. One thing was interesting - the languages on the signs - of course, the countries language and English, plus French, and Portuguese. I guess I better bone up on some history of the region and then I may better understand some of the references. I've taken little note in the past so I'm pretty clueless about China and the only thing that comes to mind are The Great Wall and the dynasty's. I know I'm pretty sorry. Maybe I should have gone also.
People always forget that Vietnam was under French rule for a period and it Has a great influence on their language, culture and food. I had a disagreement with one of my college professors when she was talking about our creative Asian people are because of picture writing and included Vietnam with Japan and China. I had to correct that Vietnam had an alphabet just like us but is just short a couple of letters and relies heavily on accents. I thought for sure I was going to fail the class but ended up with A.

I don’t use Twitter much except in these instances and never Instagram. DS finally asked for Snapchat which I am not so sure about.

We are a family of 6 from Texas. Currently holding NO credit cards. No payments except Student loan actually.
We are going to Disney in May/June 2021 and staying at Fort Wilderness...and pulling our camper.
IF we got a card to payoff each month, we would spend about $1600 with bills and house stuff as our mortgage only allows checks.
I may have missed this, but just checking before you apply for something. Even though you have no cards now, have you opened any cards in the past 24 months? That's important, especially for Chase.

For those of you who MS with Serve. Seeing reports that DG has gone cash only for loads and have hard coded the register for no vgcs. I'm still waiting on more DPs but I wasn't able to load at DG yesterday.

Was able to load SERVE at the DG in my area just last week. Hope it doesn't change. Though I do get a stare from one guy at that store.

Last edited:
I think that notice has been up there since last year. It’s probably talking about the shutdown last January-February, or whenever it was.
That’s weird, I don’t recall seeing it when I applied on Tuesday. I hope you are correct and that it doesn’t take DD2 3 months to get approved, we fly back from Mexico March 21st and I was just hoping they both could do the interview when we went through customs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter