I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having an issue on SW where you can see that the points value for your flight went down but when you go to "change" your flight, its showing up as +0 instead of a negative value to get some points back.

Edited to add: I figured out the point drop is due to their 4th of July sale but can't figure out why I'm not able to modify still. Think I'll see if I can catch someone on chat to squeeze some points back.

Can you just rebook new flights at the lower rates and cancel your original booking?

Last edited:
Can you just rebook new flights at the lower rates and cancel your original booking?

I definitely could but I didn’t want to chance losing the current points pricing in case it was a glitch or something. The southwest employee was able to help me via chat and she was also encountering my issue. She had to basically price match what we both saw on the website.

Thanks! I’ll definitely call. There’s none close by but I could definitely do other things in the area if I went.
Also, what's the deal with buying gift cards on amex? I'm in the market for some Disney gift cards on DH's new amex platinum fir the 10x grocery spend. Will I have issues?

I definitely could but I didn’t want to chance losing the current points pricing in case it was a glitch or something. The southwest employee was able to help me via chat and she was also encountering my issue. She had to basically price match what we both saw on the website.

Just adding...
If you have any existing Southwest bookings I’d recommend seeing if they have decreased in price, you can rebook (credit towards a future flight(Wanna Get Away) or cash refund (Business Select or Anytime – returned to credit card if you used one). I’d recommend checking those existing flights now and then later as well just in case the 50% discount hasn’t been loaded to your particular flight yet.

Seems like this discount is only applying to points bookings.
Doctor of Credit

I am bummed that I didn’t get a ShopRite offer. What card have people been seeing it on?

I did just find an offer for Lowe’s hotels on my Disney Visa. 15% back up to a certain amount(forget exact amount, $130?)
I still have $1000 left on my Disney Visa offer 5% back on everything until June 30 so I just paid our $941 balance on our Lowe’s hotel for July👍

I am bummed that I didn’t get a ShopRite offer. What card have people been seeing it on?

I did just find an offer for Lowe’s hotels on my Disney Visa. 15% back up to a certain amount(forget exact amount, $130?)
I still have $1000 left on my Disney Visa offer 5% back on everything until June 30 so I just paid our $941 balance on our Lowe’s hotel for July👍
Am Ex Business Gold and my personal Platinum. It is targeted.

Annual fee just posted on my Marriott Amex.
I finally got use of a FNC this week after having the card for 3 years. Used enough offers the other years to hold the card but it has pretty much been a sock drawer card for at least a year. Have been using the cell phone credit.
Thinking use the cell phone credit July 1 and then cancel?

Also, what's the deal with buying gift cards on amex? I'm in the market for some Disney gift cards on DH's new amex platinum fir the 10x grocery spend. Will I have issues?

if they think your buying gift cards, they will take your points away. If you chose to fight them, they will ask you to prove your purchases arent gift cards via receipts.
i suggest do not buy the same amount continuously. also dont buy them back to back... go to another store or come back another day.

I see I have 20% back on Amex at ShopRite. Any idea if they sell Disney cards?
No small business on any of my cards....
My Shoprite officially does not allow you to buy gift cards with a credit card, but I’ve had good luck buying $100 ones when I mix it in with groceries. I’m not talking a lot of groceries; usually about ten dollars worth of stuff. And I’m cringing as I write this, but I usually try to go to a younger cashier. They don’t seem to be as hung up on the rules.

I think a $500 gift card might raise some eyebrows, though, so I keep it on the small side.

if they think your buying gift cards, they will take your points away. If you chose to fight them, they will ask you to prove your purchases arent gift cards via receipts.
i suggest do not buy the same amount continuously. also dont buy them back to back... go to another store or come back another day.

Just adding...
Buy something like gum or whatever so the amount isn't even.
$500 I think would be more of a flag vs $502.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter