I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fee comes up in March. I'll try asking was on the phone? or chat?

Yes the same hotels I was able to book for 30k pre "adjustment" were going for 60k a night to use the certificate I had to wait for availability to change for certain places (was trying to do a staycation before they expired) it truly became a chore, it used to be so so easy.

Also a little off-topic, but if chase came out with a premium Hyatt card that says gave you a free cat 1-7 and every 10k in spend you got 6 nights vs 4 i would upgrade in a minute.

I’d be all over a card like that. I did get the Hyatt business card for the sole purpose of trying spend my way to what I will need to hit Globalist again this year. Not sure I will keep it after that.

My fee comes up in March. I'll try asking was on the phone? or chat?

Phone or chat both work. I prefer chat. They'll transfer you to the retention department, which is only during regular business hours. Occasionally, you might get someone who'll tell you to call. But I've only had that happen once across many retention chats.

You can try now already. I tend to try once early, if no retention (or not the amount I want) then try again before the AF posts, then again after the AF posts before I give up.

For Amex retention offers, did I read somewhere that you can only get one per year across all your cards? I have several coming up on AF and if I can only get an offer on one I need to think about which one I want to keep.

For Amex retention offers, did I read somewhere that you can only get one per year across all your cards? I have several coming up on AF and if I can only get an offer on one I need to think about which one I want to keep.

It's once every 13 months per card. You don't have to wait for the af to hit either. I got retention on both my plat and gold before the af hit, and for the small amount of spend both get, I thought they were good offers. And this way I can try again with the next af or be able to cancel before/when it hits.

Do either the aspire or DL plat have min cl requirements? I want to pay my taxes on my surpass for the fnc but it only has a 3k cl. I want to move some from one or both of the others.

Do either the aspire or DL plat have min cl requirements? I want to pay my taxes on my surpass for the fnc but it only has a 3k cl. I want to move some from one or both of the others.
I don't believe so, they've offered me PC to both those cards with 1K limits.

I’d like to apply for the the Freedom flex to take advantage of the 12 months of 5% grocery offer.
My last Chase was my Chase Ink. It was 10 days short of 3 months ago.
Too soon to apply? I usually wait at least 3 months between Chase cards at least but saw the 5% on the Flex might end today?

I got my last SW Performance Biz bonus on 1/13/20. Can I apply for a new one on Friday (1/14/22)? Or do I need to give it a little more breathing room? (I’ve got spend I’m anxious to put on a new card!)

I’d like to apply for the the Freedom flex to take advantage of the 12 months of 5% grocery offer.
My last Chase was my Chase Ink. It was 10 days short of 3 months ago.
Too soon to apply? I usually wait at least 3 months between Chase cards at least but saw the 5% on the Flex might end today?

You are fine to apply…..once it’s approved remember to activate the 1st quarter bonus categories since it’s grocery and eBay

Last edited:
I know Cap One can be fussy, I got the Venture x on the first day, 2 months ago. They have 40k offer on the Venture One, which I have never had. Can I get that one as well, and combine the miles? Would they deny that approval do you think?

I know Cap One can be fussy, I got the Venture x on the first day, 2 months ago. They have 40k offer on the Venture One, which I have never had. Can I get that one as well, and combine the miles? Would they deny that approval do you think?
I think I answered my own question. Appears you can only app once every 6 months?

DD (she's 14), is going to Germany next month. She'll need to make ATM withdrawals when she arrives, should we open a Schwab checking account?
We have Chase and Navy Federal checking accounts but both charge FTFs, Chase charges for ATM fees.

Are there other recommendations?

Should DH apply for the Citi Premier?
He's 1/6 in inquires , $60K in credit limits, 0% utilization.
The original plan for DH:
January - Aviator Red ($0 AF)
Feb - CIC ($0 AF)
We are down to 95K URs, I would like to replenish them since we just burned through 250K. Is the Citi Premier worth delaying URs? Should I stick to the original plan? I think I just have FOMO. He's probably be denied anyways.

I think that would depend on your travel goals. But we both seem to be in the same boat. Using the FN cert as it stands, with peak and off peak pricing, is getting increasingly more difficult. My AF doesn't come about again until August and I have a few FN certs that have been extended until June. Marriott announced that early in 2022 one would be able to top off a FN cert with up to an additional 15K points for a stay so that could make them more useful in the short term. However, Marriott's BonBlah program is switching to dynamic pricing in 2023, so who knows what that may wind up looking like. I am also on the Hyatt bandwagon, so between the 2 Hyatt cards, 2 IHG cards, 2 Radisson Rewards cards and 4 Aspire cards in this household, I am set for hotel stays here and abroad. I will very likely either downgrade or outright cancel all the Bonblah cards.

Push over and make room for me in the boat! I kept my Brilliant because it gave me $20 a month restaurant credit in 2021. I actually had an alarm set on my phone to downgrade this month. Then decided to let it roll through until I see the future a little more clearly. I've got most of my fnc nights booked right now as place holders, but will change if they put topping off in place, depending on points required. Easier for me because I'm doing pretty ordinary nights that are not aspirational. If I use a 35K cert on a room that's over $95, I'm still saving a bit on a room I would have booked anyway on cash.

The Brilliant is the exception in that the $300 credit becomes Marriott money albeit with a discount of 20% from time to time with an offer. So, unless something makes me keep it, I'll probably downgrade next time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter