I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capitol Reef is probably Utah's least known NP, but we had a great hiking day there, and we hung out til 9-10pm and saw the Milky Way. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Some folks were setting up cameras and we got to talking - they were taking Milky Way pics. I assumed it was a middle of the night event, but it became very visible not too long after dark. Enjoy your trip!
If you go to/thru Capitol Reef, check out the orchards.... free fruit to eat while there, honor system if you want to take some with you!

Capitol Reef is probably Utah's least known NP, but we had a great hiking day there, and we hung out til 9-10pm and saw the Milky Way. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! Some folks were setting up cameras and we got to talking - they were taking Milky Way pics. I assumed it was a middle of the night event, but it became very visible not too long after dark. Enjoy your trip!
If you go to/thru Capitol Reef, check out the orchards.... free fruit to eat while there, honor system if you want to take some with you!
Several weeks back, there was some talk about renting cars from Turo. At the time, it wouldn't work for our one-way YNP to GTNP trip. Now that we're revamping and probably not doing Yellowstone, we need a round trip rental in Vegas. Turo has a truck with off road tires, etc. that would be GREAT for our trip to Zion, Bryce, and some of the harder to get to canyons. It's about half the cost from the cheapest rental car company, PLUS the $30 back offer on Amex, and the fact that it sounds like we could take it off road (whereas rental companies usually have a clause for this), so it makes it quite enticing. The question is, for those that have rented from Turo, what do you normally do for insurance? Do you purchase one of their plans, or just decline and use your own insurance? I know AMEX or Chase won't cover P2P rentals.
Thanks for the idea! I'm looking for a 5 day rental in August...the rates are so high right now for a basic car.... Anyone report issues with Turo at all?

I have a question about booking a hotel room through the Chase Portal. I would like to get the $50 credit (CSP) so will be booking with cash, not URs. Is the total amount charged to my CSP at time of booking? It is a refundable rate if that matters. I can book through the hotels site and not get charged anything until check in - so that could be a reason to not trigger the $50 credit for this trip (and give up the 5x points earned).
Attaching to this...if I book thru CSP portal and use that $50 credit, then cancel the card before I actually use the booked room,is that an issue? anyone done this?

Did some Southwest scheduling when they released their calendar through Jan 4. I need dates for the following week, but I made some speculative bookings in hopes I'll get the free change window.

Not sure if this is correct, but seems the next schedule release might be just another month from now on July 21, but only taking the schedule through March 8, which doesn't quite cover spring break or Easter.

I know this is a HUGE no-no in the hacking world, but it feels good to have paid off my CIU card today. It had a 0% offer from when I signed up. It expired this month. When I got into issues w/ the plumbing back around Christmas I let the balance sit there for awhile. I have another 0% offer on the Surpass expiring this month (that's just had VGC balances still on it while I push those through on Serve, takes FOREVER). And I have another 0% on my CIC #2 that expires in November. Normally I don't take advantage, but with things the way they've been this year w/ house issues and what not, might as well float some balances and earn/save up some money to pay them off. I have more than enough in my savings to cover all the expenses, but I like to try and avoid dipping into it. So my tax return and the few bigger checks I get here and there from school (plus 3 pay months) seem to help balance it all out in the end. Whereas normally I would have taken the money from savings, but never put the tax return or extra pay money back into savings.

Anyone cancel w/ Comcast and set up a "new" account? My bill is going to be $150/mo and with all the other costs going up, I need to save some money. New customers have a great offer for internet only. My mom has YouTube TV and I can stream from her account (you can add 6 family accounts). I know some have been able to cancel and call back later as themselves and get a new customer offer. My thought was I would cancel and have my mom sign up for the new account. She lives 1 mile away, but in an area w/o Comcast. That would buy me 2 years of a discounted rate. Then in 2 years the plan would be to have her cancel, me sign up, and then I can play the cancel game w/ my DD and me swapping, LOL. In the past you could always say you'd want to cancel and they'd give you a better offer. From what I could see they offered me $80/mo for internet only (doesn't include modem) and new customers can get it for $50/mo and includes the modem.

please help refresh my memory..... I opened a new bank acct, and I need to be clear -is ach 'push' when I initiate a payment from my (new) bank account to my old one? I need to be sure I'm doing this right

One more question....anyone know if Marriott would extend FNC based on weather? We're using my 4 FNC in Cancun at the end of the month. So far it looks okay, but I know they just had a tropical storm pass through at the beginning of the month, and the gulf has looked busy just in general. I know rain is always a risk and that wouldn't get us an extension. But if it was a tropical storm or hurricane, I would hope we could.

Also I'm an overthinker and research stuff like crazy. I've joined FB groups for the resort we're going to. It seems like it's very popular w/ those from the UK. But it also seems to have lots of negative reviews about being run down, food bad, getting sick, etc. The latest was no AC last week in the area we booked. And they weren't moving people, refunding, etc. I'm sorry, but no AC in Mexico in 90 degree weather? WTH! Good news is we are flying non-rev so if it sucks, we can leave. But again, I wonder if there's any kind of recourse w/ Marriott if we do have issues (especially since they are FNC we are using). Again overthinker here.....there were negative reviews about the Hilton PDC where we stayed in March and we didn't have any issues. Also we're going for 4 nights, not 2 weeks like a lot of the people, LOL. And well at the end of the day, it's free vs $$$$$, LOL.

please help refresh my memory..... I opened a new bank acct, and I need to be clear -is ach 'push' when I initiate a payment from my (new) bank account to my old one? I need to be sure I'm doing this right

If you're looking for something to qualify as a direct deposit, I think that it's a push from your old (current) account to the new one that you just set up. I'm going to watch for other replies on this as well, since I'm not 100% sure myself. Any accounts that I've set up, I always just use a real DD, but it's easy to change both mine and DH's because we both work at the same company and I'm the controller, so even though I don't do payroll, I have access and it's super easy to change and basically add as many as I need to lol!

Yes, they will code.

• Amazon: Purchases made at Amazon.com including digital downloads, Amazon.com Gift Cards, Amazon.com Fresh orders, Amazon.com Prime subscriptions, and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace.
  • Select streaming services: Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, Netflix, Sling, Vudu, Fubo TV, Apple Music, Sirius XM, Pandora, Spotify, YouTube TV, HBO Max, Paramount+, Peacock, Showtime
Awesome! Thanks so much. I didn't even think to look at the terms as gift cards are usually a no-no!

just sharing a win,
booked delta for a foo fighters concert for 300$ in the main cabin got E+ from platinum status, used an RUC to get upgraded to first on the way there, and wait listed in E+ on the way back, staying at the shay for free on points. This is why I obsess over this. Yes, I realize I'm going from Florida to LA ...

Last edited:
Free Instacart Express membership for 3, 6 or 12 months depending on select Chase cards, according to DoC. Don't forget, you can also be earning Delta miles by linking your rewards programs.
my delta link doesn't work apparently it's connected to another account and they cant remove it or they give me the same troubleshooting steps. I'm kinda upset at them and haven't used the service now that is free I might do it :) Because delta was 1 year for free also.

Hello all! Quick question. In early May I got the Chase Disney Visa with the $300 bonus. I noticed this SW card deal today and was wondering if I would qualify for the airline points or not because of the Disney card. When it says “have not received a new card member bonus in the last 12 months,” is that referring to any Chase card? Or just the SW specific ones?

Earn 75,000 bonus points​

after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.*
This product is available to you if you do not have a current Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Business Card and Employee Credit Card products.

Hello all! Quick question. In early May I got the Chase Disney Visa with the $300 bonus. I noticed this SW card deal today and was wondering if I would qualify for the airline points or not because of the Disney card. When it says “have not received a new card member bonus in the last 12 months,” is that referring to any Chase card? Or just the SW specific ones?

Earn 75,000 bonus points​

after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.*
This product is available to you if you do not have a current Southwest Rapid Rewards® Credit Card and have not received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months. This does not apply to Business Card and Employee Credit Card products.
That's only referring to the Disney ones. You would be eligible for the SUB for the Southwest card. Assuming you have not opened up 5 or more credit cards in the past 24 months.

Booked our flights this morning for our SW flights for our December Cruise. Back in January, me and DS and DD took a voluntary bump on a flight back from a cruise. We each ended up with $1027 in LUV Vouchers. Used some for DD and I on a trip to Nashville the end of July and then booked 3 of us today for the flights to Miami in December (DH has companion pass, so DS was free).

We still have about $1450 to use up. (Have to be used by beginning of January). Looking for somewhere to DD21 and I to go for a few days in August before she goes back to college. DS is saving his vacation days for our cruise in December and European Cruise next May. Too hard for both DH and I to go somewhere with the new puppy and he doesn't care if just DD and I go somewhere.

Between schedules - looking at probably August 14-18 (she will go back to school on the 19th or 20th, as school starts on August 22nd). And she does not get any long breaks until end of Semester in December and then we have a cruise.

I also have $300 in Travel to use for my Cap One Venture X and DH's Cap One Venture X. So, that would help with any hotel stays. We were at Disney in May and Vegas a few weeks ago. Trying to brainstorm on where to go. We are both beach/ocean people.

Thought Hawaii would be fun but flights are too long for such a short time. Maybe Cabo -have been there before and really liked it. Or Disneyland or Fort Lauderdale...

UGGHHH.... I know it is a good problem to have. So many choices. Welcome any suggestions!!

Booked our flights this morning for our SW flights for our December Cruise. Back in January, me and DS and DD took a voluntary bump on a flight back from a cruise. We each ended up with $1027 in LUV Vouchers. Used some for DD and I on a trip to Nashville the end of July and then booked 3 of us today for the flights to Miami in December (DH has companion pass, so DS was free).

We still have about $1450 to use up. (Have to be used by beginning of January). Looking for somewhere to DD21 and I to go for a few days in August before she goes back to college. DS is saving his vacation days for our cruise in December and European Cruise next May. Too hard for both DH and I to go somewhere with the new puppy and he doesn't care if just DD and I go somewhere.

Between schedules - looking at probably August 14-18 (she will go back to school on the 19th or 20th, as school starts on August 22nd). And she does not get any long breaks until end of Semester in December and then we have a cruise.

I also have $300 in Travel to use for my Cap One Venture X and DH's Cap One Venture X. So, that would help with any hotel stays. We were at Disney in May and Vegas a few weeks ago. Trying to brainstorm on where to go. We are both beach/ocean people.

Thought Hawaii would be fun but flights are too long for such a short time. Maybe Cabo -have been there before and really liked it. Or Disneyland or Fort Lauderdale...

UGGHHH.... I know it is a good problem to have. So many choices. Welcome any suggestions!!
What's your budget. 😁 based on the way airfare is i doubt you could get 3 people to Hawaii for 1500 (i also haven't looked)

What's your budget. 😁 based on the way airfare is i doubt you could get 3 people to Hawaii for 1500 (i also haven't looked)

There is only 2 of us that would be going. So, the $1450 we have in SW Luv Vouchers will cover pretty much anywhere we want to go. Hoping to use both $300 Travel Credits from the Venture X cards for hotel. I also have 3 Marriott FN Certificates (35,000 each) plus 240,000 in Marriott Points. So, trying to get flights and hotel covered for 4 nights.

:flower1:Just a reminder to everyone Southwest opens their schedule tomorrow 6/16 …for flights to 1/4/2023 :flower1:

To keep it churning related…an additional reminder to have a list of accounts/passwords for your P2 or others in case anything were to happen to you.
had a major health issue on 5/2…would up in the hospital undergoing triple bypass surgery…totally unexpected ..my primary care doctor was shocked….as I had seen her less than a year ago…..Doing well now thankfully…back to driving and even have visited Staples twice this week :rolleyes1

I 'loved' your post to celebrate that you made it through and are still here with us!

Now for the 'wow'. So sorry you had to go through all this! I have a family history of heart disease (and diabetes) and have had a few scares. I'm on the BP meds and the statin. I monitor my BP all the time. Heart disease is still the Number One Killer of women (and men).

As far as your primary care doctor being shocked, I think women don't pay attention to the warning signs and downplay their own symptoms. Women are used to putting up with stress and little pains. We mostly tolerate it and wait for it to go away.

Glad you are doing well and can get back out to Staples this week! I've gone and picked up my few cards and already ran through two out of five, just spending, so I might have to go get a few more.

Take care!

What about Costa Rica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter