I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try for a United biz card on my own, not using the biz EIN DH owns. I've gotten biz cards using the EIN in the past, but have also gotten denied. So if I do sole proprietor, what do I put for income if this is a new biz (ebay sales). Is there anywhere I list household income for a biz card? Just want to be prepared before I start. Also, does a personal United card support link exist for the biz card? Or just biz to biz? DH does have a personal United card.
On biz applications it will ask for both your business revenue and your total annual income. As for revenues for the Biz, it can always be an estimate. Can either base it on previous years or extrapolate from current (or expected) sales. The Chase application is a single page so you can always pull it up now and just read it over so that you're comfortable before applying. They didn't make one of those click through wizards asking for little bits of info on each page so that by the time you walk through it you may as well just apply! So it's easy to prep for a Chase app.

It looks like Chase made the United cards a family for the RAF program so yes, you should be able to get the biz card from your DHs personal support link.

I'm going to try for a United biz card on my own, not using the biz EIN DH owns. I've gotten biz cards using the EIN in the past, but have also gotten denied. So if I do sole proprietor, what do I put for income if this is a new biz (ebay sales). Is there anywhere I list household income for a biz card? Just want to be prepared before I start. Also, does a personal United card support link exist for the biz card? Or just biz to biz? DH does have a personal United card.

Here's a really good guide for apping for business cards.

https://millionmilesecrets.com/guid...o-complete-a-chase-business-card-application/

Maybe someone here can give me some advice. I am visiting Disney later this year, and we are staying at Swan. I have been debating getting a BonVoy Marriott card, and they had 3 nights (150,000 points) and $250 bonus credit special advertised for the Bonvoy Boundless new cardholder card.. so I decided I should go ahead and do that. I got my approval, and logged into my Chase account (Disney Visa is via Chase) and that card is listed now. But it shows only a 50,000 new cardholder bonus. Of course I just did it, but thought that was odd. I got my $250 Marriott credit via email, but my cardholder bonus is wrong. Spend $3k in 3 months and get 50k points instead of 3 nights (150,000 points). Am I missing something? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• C22D819E-A4D4-4F9C-847F-BD77090B8849.jpeg
    C22D819E-A4D4-4F9C-847F-BD77090B8849.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 21
Maybe someone here can give me some advice. I am visiting Disney later this year, and we are staying at Swan. I have been debating getting a BonVoy Marriott card, and they had 3 nights (150,000 points) and $250 bonus credit special advertised for the Bonvoy Boundless new cardholder card.. so I decided I should go ahead and do that. I got my approval, and logged into my Chase account (Disney Visa is via Chase) and that card is listed now. But it shows only a 50,000 new cardholder bonus. Of course I just did it, but thought that was odd. I got my $250 Marriott credit via email, but my cardholder bonus is wrong. Spend $3k in 3 months and get 50k points instead of 3 nights (150,000 points). Am I missing something? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I see a 50k and $250 gift card offer. And a different offer for 3 free nights (no $250).

I don’t see a 3 free night with $250 GC offer. Can you still pull it up?

I see a 50k and $250 gift card offer. And a different offer for 3 free nights (no $250).

I don’t see a 3 free night with $250 GC offer. Can you still pull it up?
Yes that’s it, somehow I managed to open up and read the deal for the three nights, but I clicked on the $250 not realizing it wasn’t the same thing. Oh well

our trip is during the 60,000 point busy season anyway, so we would have been able to use them for disney. I have 8k points currently, so if the 50k credits before our trip i can book one night on points and the others with cash.

Any news on the bonus category on the Freedom cards from last quarter? Not the normal 5% back, but that extra 5% for your highest spend category. This was a thing, right? Or did I dream it?
Definitely a thing..I haven’t seen anything posted yet either on my CFF

Last edited:
for 88k points at 2 cents a pop
I've been wondering too and haven't seen anything on my account.
Any news on the bonus category on the Freedom cards from last quarter? Not the normal 5% back, but that extra 5% for your highest spend category. This was a thing, right? Or did I dream it?
I think this was for the flex only and it ended q4 2021. I cant find the source but I'm obsessed with this stuff I don't even have the card but for some reason, I remember people complaining probably about it Reddit.

I think this was for the flex only and it ended q4 2021. I cant find the source but I'm obsessed with this stuff I don't even have the card but for some reason, I remember people complaining probably about it Reddit.
According to this it was only the Flex and included select categories. Info does seem fuzzy.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/...adds-a-5-top-spend-category-bonus-for-q4-2021
ETA: I just checked my Flex. It seems as if Paypal was my top category. While this articles references that I should get the extra rewards, Paypal is not listed as an "eligible top spend category." Definitely fuzzy.

According to this it was only the Flex and included select categories. Info does seem fuzzy.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/...adds-a-5-top-spend-category-bonus-for-q4-2021
ETA: I just checked my Flex. It seems as if Paypal was my top category. While this articles references that I should get the extra rewards, Paypal is not listed as an "eligible top spend category." Definitely fuzzy.
The way I understand it….PayPal and Walmart were the 4th quarter 5% categories on the CFF and CF

The CFF new extra 5% top spend categories were different…they included grocery stores, travel, gas, home improvement, drugstore and a few others ….Walmart and PayPal were not included

The way I understand it….PayPal and Walmart were the 4th quarter 5% categories on the CFF and CF

The CFF new extra 5% top spend categories were different…they included grocery stores, travel, gas, home improvement, drugstore and a few others ….Walmart and PayPal were not included
I feel this is correct i dont have the card so i follow it in passing, i think a lot of this stuff is dropped this year tbh.

Received an email from Citi for DH’s denial:
High amount of unused credit and too many open accounts.
I was approved for the Premier very soon after they increased the bonus to 80,000 points. Since then they have become very strict with who gets approved. My wife received the same reason for her denial. It’s the only time she or I have ever been denied. It seems like they are trying to keep out people they think are getting the card just for the bonus.

Last edited:

I just reread it. I think your understanding is correct.

Citi - I asked them to increase the CL on my Double Cash because I have a large purchase coming up I wanted to put on it. I got a 'too many recent inquiries' denial. 4 cards in 2021, 2 were business and 1 was just an AU, although we did switch car and home insurance.Used their Fico score checker - 815. I have had a lot of trouble with that card since I opened it in May 2020 so I just cancelled it.

Yes it was just for the Flex. I've been checking my account every few days just to see if there was an update on the bonus. So far, nothing yet but my current cycle doesn't end until next week so I was thinking maybe it would be by then.

I just got my Marriott Bonvoy this month as well but I've never seen that screen. How do you get to this? Now I'm nervous my card was signed up without the proper offer or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter