I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to downgrade DH's CSP and CSR (AF hit) since I kept my CSR another year. Have used up credits. He already has a FF so I'm thinking one of the cards will become a FU then... should the second be another FU or FF? I figured the no fee Sapphire didn't make sense and I like that the freedom cards get so many offers we can use for DGCs. Thoughts? I guess it doesn't matter?
Personally I like having multiple CFFs, for when there is a particularly good category that I want to max out on multiple cards. Plus if you downgrade to a CFU, I believe that would prevent you from getting a SUB on that card (not positive on that point though?)

Personally I like having multiple CFFs, for when there is a particularly good category that I want to max out on multiple cards. Plus if you downgrade to a CFU, I believe that would prevent you from getting a SUB on that card (not positive on that point though?)
Ah, good to know. Thanks!

Maybe the minimum varies by store? I was definitely able to order pickup from Food Lion and my total was $15.06

Well I will have to pay $0.93 more for my order lol but my total at Aldi was $15.99

We only have Thyme and Aldi available for pickup
Perhaps the minimum order for free pickup or delivery does vary by store. For our Aldi, it's $1.99 for pickup, unless you order a min of $35.

What could also be happening here is that Instacart often provides free pickup or delivery for the first order. Just thought I'd mention it in case you see a surcharge tacked on in the future. But $1.99 is still pretty cheap to get someone to do some shopping for you.

Thanks, Amy Anne! I called Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, plus online chat on Thursday. I was given a different answer each time, and the last rep I spoke to even used the wrong pronouns with me. I’m incredibly disappointed with Amex and I am downgrading to Blue and not paying them any more annual fees.
Oh this is absurd customer service (or lack of customer service). It's such a small amount for the company and can be such a gesture of goodwill to refund it. I cannot imagine why AmEx is giving you a hard time about it (except if it's just bad customer service people).

Thanks to everyone who posted about Instacart. I was surprised that there is only one store here that allows pickups, even though there are 20+ stores that allow delivery (and most of these allow pickups through other means, like their own apps). The one store is a specialty grocery that I've never used but its location is pretty convenient and it allowed me to place an order for $15. Most of the things they sell are not things I would use--organic laundry detergent and whatnot, but I'll take $15 worth of free produce.

Oh this is absurd customer service (or lack of customer service). It's such a small amount for the company and can be such a gesture of goodwill to refund it. I cannot imagine why AmEx is giving you a hard time about it (except if it's just bad customer service people).
It's very surprising to be because I've always had friendly customer service with Amex. I missed a payment by a day and they refunded my fee no problem and thanked me for my years as a customer.

It's very surprising to be because I've always had friendly customer service with Amex. I missed a payment by a day and they refunded my fee no problem and thanked me for my years as a customer.
Me too, I’ve always had good customer service in the past and I’m so disappointed that they would rather defend their policy than value the relationship. I’m writing a letter to the executive offices.

downgrading/upgrading doesn’t prevent you from earning the SUB with Chase, it does with Amex.

Me too, I’ve always had good customer service in the past and I’m so disappointed that they would rather defend their policy than value the relationship. I’m writing a letter to the executive offices.

BofA did the same thing to my boss. Accidentally missed the payment because they were on vacay, never misses etc. They let him pay over the phone but would not waive the fee even after escalating. He even found in the t&c they shouldn't have been able to charge the late fee due to the small size of the amount due. They claimed that since they only charged him like 29 instead of 45 for the late fee they were doing him a favor.

To me this is almost expected from bofa but if it's a one off I've never had a cc company not waive the fee. It's unreal to me that any bank is doing this.

I have an offer to upgrade my Amex Everyday to Everyday Preferred: 40,000 MR for $2,000 spend in 6 months. Before I do this I want to make sure:

1. This is a good offer (I believe it is).
2. After a year, I can downgrade back to the Everyday without angering the Amex powers that be.

I am aware of the $95 AF. I put all of my groceries on my Amex unless another card has it as a rotating category.

Any reason I should not do this?

I have an offer to upgrade my Amex Everyday to Everyday Preferred: 40,000 MR for $2,000 spend in 6 months. Before I do this I want to make sure:

1. This is a good offer (I believe it is).
2. After a year, I can downgrade back to the Everyday without angering the Amex powers that be.

I am aware of the $95 AF. I put all of my groceries on my Amex unless another card has it as a rotating category.

Any reason I should not do this?
I am curious about the upgrade/downgrade as well. Currently this card just sits in a drawer but would upgrade for that offer

Well, I'm glad y'all started discussing Instacart here too.... I just needed some TP, and I can swing by my local Aldi to pick it up later today for free! I think without the CSP membership they'd charge me 1.99 to do this...(?) I wonder if it's possible to use multiple cards instacart benefits,or you're limited to just one?

I tried an instacart pickup order at Publix. I have a ton of nearby pickup options. My order was < $20 with no fee. Of course the markups are ridiculous.

In other news I'm trying to figure out what to do next on the cc front. I need to pay taxes 9/15 so that's about $8k in spend. My grad school tuition is due 9/10 ($7k). My two options are pay tuition with cash and get a CIC (I'll have to close one of my existing Chase Business cards and cross my fingers) or try for another Amex Biz Platinum and keep my CS Platinum at least one more year. I'm leaning toward the former even though I know the Platinum benefits are great because that means $1400 in annual fees.

And dd got a crack in her windshield yesterday in Atlanta. Who knew a Honda Civic windshield could cost almost $1000? I am putting it through insurance but I have a $500 deductible. Joy!

BofA did the same thing to my boss. Accidentally missed the payment because they were on vacay, never misses etc. They let him pay over the phone but would not waive the fee even after escalating. He even found in the t&c they shouldn't have been able to charge the late fee due to the small size of the amount due. They claimed that since they only charged him like 29 instead of 45 for the late fee they were doing him a favor.

To me this is almost expected from bofa but if it's a one off I've never had a cc company not waive the fee. It's unreal to me that any bank is doing this.
Out of Chase, Amex, and BoA, BoA has the worst customer service in my experience.

That's unfortunate and a bit of bad luck because I did the same last week and had my late fee credited no problem. I paid in full immediately when I noticed and then messaged them. They agreed to credit me although the credit took a few days to appear.

For anyone familiar with the MCO/Orlando airport is it true when departing on Southwest
airlines that lounge access is difficult to get to? I read on flyertalk and couple other places
that you have to go to security twice?

For anyone familiar with the MCO/Orlando airport is it true when departing on Southwest
airlines that lounge access is difficult to get to? I read on flyertalk and couple other places
Yes, it appears so. I have not used the lounge (if referring to a Priority Pass one)

My priority pass shows it is gates 1-29and southwest is on the other side of terminal 1 starting at 100 I believe.

Attachments

• 1594F742-505B-48B7-B7F2-F4E41984A954.png
    1594F742-505B-48B7-B7F2-F4E41984A954.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 1
When I was there in January, departing on SW, I didn't go through security twice and didn't have trouble finding it, but I believe there is more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter