I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What websites or Twitter accounts do you follow to be sure that you are aware of promotions for new cardmembers, as they are announced?

I might have a large one-time expense coming up, which I would be able to put on a credit card. If a company announces a big promotion for new cardmembers, I want to know about it, so that I can consider it.

(I've been on the Disboards for 13 years, but I'm new to this thread.)

Last edited:
My husband has a Camry hybrid and the gas mileage is amazing. I currently have a Corolla cross. It was not available in hybrid yet when i bought it. They come out next year though and considering a trade.
I just test drove a Corolla cross and rav4 because we’re deciding between the two. I think we’re leaning towards the rav for the extra space

What websites or Twitter accounts do you follow to be sure that you are aware of promotions for new cardmembers, as they are announced?

I might have a large one-time expense coming up, which I would be able to put on a credit card. If a company announces a big promotion for new cardmembers, I want to know about it, so that I can consider it.

(I've been on the Disboards for 13 years, but I'm new to this thread.)
Doctor of Credit, Miles to Memories, and Frequent Miler are all reliable sources.

I just test drove a Corolla cross and rav4 because we’re deciding between the two. I think we’re leaning towards the rav for the extra space
I like the Rav4 a lot too but I'm stuck in my ways. The first car I bought was an Accord, then a Pilot, then two Odysseys. DD got a Civic. DS got a used Acura.

I've decided I want a new hybrid also. I already have my Kia Niro Hybrid and love it! But, in the past if I needed a larger vehicle I used my van or my Jeep. Gave the Jeep to DD as she was always borrowing it and keeping it. Me - paying the insurance! Best to be rid of it.

The van gets at absolute best, 15 mpg. So, taking it to Florida is a no go right now. It's 3 and a half the gas cost of the Kia Niro. One might argue that if 3 and a half people ride, it's a wash, but - no.

A friend wants to buy the van. I don't want to sell to a friend. But, I'm not using it enough to keep it much longer, although insurance is minimal. It just takes up a lot of driveway space. It does run perfect and is well maintained. I'm a stickler for car maintenance.

I'll be interested in your potential choices. I'm also divided on letting go the Niro. It's resale and trade in value is more than I paid for it. I know that won't last as more options come on the market.
I think we probably have another year of prices being really high and supply being tight. But who knows? And the idea of getting 39 MPG is very exciting. My van gets about 20 which isn't awful, but I'm ready for the next phase of my life:) And I also really want all of the new safety features that my van doesn't have. Plus Apple Car play of course.

Greetings from the ICU. Where I swear this room will be named after my dad when it's all said and done. I'll admit I'm losing my mind often, god bless my BF. I think as part of taking over his finances I'm going to move him from Verizon to ATT. We have an old iphone, so I can get a $250 credit. He just bought a new flip phone though in March and owes $200 on it. So I'll be using the $250 credit towards that.

We ended up having my mom sign up for the Surpass, using my link. Not the best offer but good enough and she was happy w/ the fact we got her card immediately and she was able to pay her taxes.

I managed to get lucky at Staples this morning. I stopped on my way to the hospital. They made me do the 8 cards in 2 transactions. So the CIC I'm working on the spend didn't like the back to back $800 transactions. And my brain is too fried to think to throw a candy bar on it to change the amount. So I put $800 on my OG CIC and $800 on the new CIC. Either way, it's going to get me URs and pay my taxes this week. I may stop on my way home and see if I can get $1000 more to pay off the rest of my taxes. Only downfall is I think I can only do 3 cards every 24 to 48 hours. I don't remember the time line.

My GE card just arrived in the mail, but I previous had TSA Precheck so I think I understood that my old Known Traveler Number is no good any more.
If I have an existing plane reservation with my "old" KTN, do I need to change that? I had the KTN saved to my Delta profile when I made the plane reservation.
You can use the old or the new. My TSA expires next month. I got GE last year. I've flown under both in the past year.

My CIC was approved almost instantly. Got the "we're reviewing your information" message but when I logged into my account I see the card there. Should be here in time to pay taxes. Yippee.

Toying with replacing my van with a CR-V. I've got 160,000 miles on my van so I'm not comfortable driving it to MI/FL to visit my parents. And I can't really leave my dogs and can't fly with both of them. I hate the idea of a car payment though and the personal property taxes will be ridiculous. Ugh--it's hard trying to be frugal:)
That's a LONG drive! I'm team Jeep over here. I've got 2 years left on my lease and I'm already wondering what I'm going to do. I hope it's a lot easier to find cars by then!

Has anyone tested trying multiple Chase offers from the same company? I used an Office Depot credit that expired 08/15. Now I have another from Office Depot that expires 09/30. Normally I wait until the previous offer disappears from my redeemed tab before using another but I'm curious if I can use them quicker.
YES! OD has been giving those offers back to back. I've loaded them on and plan on using them. I mean several of the food offers reload frequently and I've always gotten those redeemed.

I used my Staples 10% offer on one of my Chase cards early last week for a $100 Disney GC. It has not tracked yet. Today, I took a screen shot of the offer since it is the last day. Hopefully it will track soon. But if not, I will SM and include the screen shots.

So we have 3 Sapphire cards and 2 Instacart accounts. I posted earlier that I tried to use two sapphires on one account and did not receive the credit and you can't activate two cards on one account. I was considering registering for another Instacart account to use my quarterly credit, but then when I go to the chase instacart page, I see this "Offer already activated. If you have an additional Chase card that qualifies for an offer, you can activate it here starting Sept 1st, 2022." So maybe I will be able to activate two cards on one account starting tomorrow?

View attachment 698582
I was able to add additional Chase cards to my account and extend my free membership. Hopefully this means credits will track as well. I'll update once I complete an order. 63D15F91-059C-49E4-913D-AE9B354316E9.jpeg

I used my Staples 10% offer on one of my Chase cards early last week for a $100 Disney GC. It has not tracked yet. Today, I took a screen shot of the offer since it is the last day. Hopefully it will track soon. But if not, I will SM and include the screen shots.
I bought Target from Staples, took two weeks to credit.

Looking to send a friend a Delta support link. I have a Delta Plat, but it's not giving me any support options, only on my Hilton card. Anyone else have a Delta plat seeing the same? P2 has a Blue, and he has one, but the offer is only 40k miles on the gold, and I can pull a generic offer for 75k miles for the gold just by googling. I'd love some support miles, but she is not a churner so I want to get her the best offer.

I already have my Kia Niro Hybrid and love it!
I have the plug-in Kia Niro hybrid and on my last 1000 miles of driving I got an average 143 MPG. I love being able to run nearby errands on no gas (and we own solar panels that passed their break-even point three years ago), and then if I need to go farther then I don't have range anxiety about running out of battery. Running just on hybrid mode, I get about 60 MPG, what about you?
I think we’re leaning towards the rav for the extra space
DH drives a RAV4 hybrid (44 MPG) and the extra space was pretty much necessary for our family of three when we did weeklong trips to the mountains or went camping. I'm a fan of the extra space.

I have the plug-in Kia Niro hybrid and on my last 1000 miles of driving I got an average 143 MPG. I love being able to run nearby errands on no gas (and we own solar panels that passed their break-even point three years ago), and then if I need to go farther then I don't have range anxiety about running out of battery. Running just on hybrid mode, I get about 60 MPG, what about you?

DH drives a RAV4 hybrid (44 MPG) and the extra space was pretty much necessary for our family of three when we did weeklong trips to the mountains or went camping. I'm a fan of the extra space.
I think we will probably get a rav4 hybrid. Dh is tall and wants to be able to sit in the back sometimes and ds’s legs are long enough to hit the back of my seat right now while sitting in his car seat

Apologies if this is super off-topic, but I thought someone here might know!

I need to book 3 rooms for a wedding and I wanted to book a Hampton and use my Honors Discount for all 3 rooms. I'll be in one room, but other couples (who are not Hilton members) will be in the other two. I would book and pay for all 3 before arrival. Does anyone know if that's a problem? I didn't know if they'd have to show proof of membership or something upon arrival.

Thank you for any help!
I am in the same exact situation and was wondering if you got an answer.

I am in the same exact situation and was wondering if you got an answer.
@belle032 I've booked multiple Hilton rooms under my loyalty account. It's never been an issue for me, however, I am typically checking in with the other party members. I have had the room portfolios merged and I pay for incidentals at checkout. So I'm not sure how that works with other couples, as I'm usually traveling with my adult children. Sometimes the hotel is kind enough to extend elite status benefits to our second room, but I don't think they are required to.

ETA: I just tried a dummy booking, booking 3 rooms at once. It's super easy, you get the Honors Discount, and you can add the primary guest name for each room during the final checkout page:

1662350889478.png

and then if I need to go farther then I don't have range anxiety about running out of battery. Running just on hybrid mode, I get about 60 MPG, what about you?
I have the 2017 launch touring edition (heavier) and I've gotten up to 60mpg in hybrid mode but average about 48mpg. The mpg drops depending on passenger load and luggage as I found out when DD and kids rode home from Disney with me in April. On that ride it dropped to 40mpg, which is spot on for my model's fuel economy highway rating. Combined it's 43 and city is 46. So I think I'm doing great but I drive mostly solo.

Range anxiety is why I am unwilling to go full electric. I really want to get down to one vehicle and to be able to use it for most of my activities. But I also don't wish to sit on a charger in the middle of a road trip.

I was able to add additional Chase cards to my account and extend my free membership. Hopefully this means credits will track as well. I'll update once I complete an order. View attachment 699748
So you added multiple cc's to your one instacart account? to see if all the different credit work? interesting...

random question about booking swa flights..... so my last flight was a connecting route....I didn't even notice while booking, but we had a 2.5 hour layover at MDW.... meanwhile I saw 2 other flights depart for our destination while we sat and waited.... what's the best way to try and avoid this in the future? Obv. the website doesn't give much choice,it just shows an itinerary,and a price. Would my only option be to book a multi city route,so I could choose which flight I wanted to connect to? But this seems like it would cost me more....which I don't like. Just mulling it over in my head here....

random question about booking swa flights..... so my last flight was a connecting route....I didn't even notice while booking, but we had a 2.5 hour layover at MDW.... meanwhile I saw 2 other flights depart for our destination while we sat and waited.... what's the best way to try and avoid this in the future? Obv. the website doesn't give much choice,it just shows an itinerary,and a price. Would my only option be to book a multi city route,so I could choose which flight I wanted to connect to? But this seems like it would cost me more....which I don't like. Just mulling it over in my head here....
Those 2 other flights that took off for your destination while you were sitting in the airport - were they leaving on time? It's possible that they were leaving late, and if they had left on time your layover would have been shorter than what SWA does for connections through MDW.

On Southwest's website, when you're looking at the list of flight options: for each flight, in order to see the layover time, you have to click on the shaded block which has the number of stops. I know each airline website is different, but for some reason that isn't intuitive to me.

On Delta, for example, you see the layover time right in the flight listings, and if you want more details, you click on the word "details."

Looking to send a friend a Delta support link. I have a Delta Plat, but it's not giving me any support options, only on my Hilton card. Anyone else have a Delta plat seeing the same? P2 has a Blue, and he has one, but the offer is only 40k miles on the gold, and I can pull a generic offer for 75k miles for the gold just by googling. I'd love some support miles, but she is not a churner so I want to get her the best offer.
The support offer on my Plat is only 50k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter