I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI it looks like the older MB ones have been removed from the promo, you have to look for the new Pathward labeled ones with the new fees :( I'm sure y'all know by now but same bank, just new name. (Must've been an expensive name change!) Also sucks that $600 isn't triggering both promos for $30 off like before. So if it doesn't work, check the packaging.

@IFlossU did you get the new 5.95 GEs? And if so are they ringing up with the right fee now? Last time I paid attention I think some were being charged the 7.95 like the regular Visas, even though the package says 5.95. Be good to hear that was fixed.

Yes, I bought the new $5.95 GEs, and they rang up correctly. I had no problem whatsoever, other than it not triggering the $30 discount. I was disappointed, but knew it was a possibility.

Weird this morning - I have been using PYB for dining regularly this month on our CSR. Today, a couple of old grocery purchases showed up as PYB at 1.25 value. One of them was from Oct 30, and never showed up before when I did PYB. Glitch? I don't usually use CSR for groceries so only had 2 charges for that show up, one was an actual grocery purchase and one airport Dunkin charge that coded as grocery.

Weird this morning - I have been using PYB for dining regularly this month on our CSR. Today, a couple of old grocery purchases showed up as PYB at 1.25 value. One of them was from Oct 30, and never showed up before when I did PYB. Glitch? I don't usually use CSR for groceries so only had 2 charges for that show up, one was an actual grocery purchase and one airport Dunkin charge that coded as grocery.
All my Instacart orders are eligible for PYB. Thanks for the tip.

Doc is reporting that PYB will be grocery for 1.25 next quarter. Bummed about losing dining at 1.5. That hurts. I was loving that flexibility.

Doc is reporting that PYB will be grocery for 1.25 next quarter. Bummed about losing dining at 1.5. That hurts. I was loving that flexibility.
One good thing about grocery is you can buy loadable Visa gift cards. I cashed out $3000 in URs for cash. Should have waited because I could have saved about 60,000 URs.

Well I now have about 15 $1 charges from InstaCart in trying to attach my CSR. It worked today. But I can no add any of my other cards to my account. UGH! I guess I'll wait 24 hours and try to add my CSP and freedoms tomorrow. And then try to use all my credits. So if I use all my credits (including the every 3 mos) does it reset in Jan, or in March?

I'll have to try my OD today. I prefer the VGC offers there since you can MS the everywhere cards much easier at WM. I have a ton of Chase offers to work through. We'll see how many GCs I buy, LOL.

I think I'm going to file a chargeback on my CSR against DHGate. I ordered a purse, and the color they sent me is not what they showed on the website. The seller even went as far as to edit my photo evidence to change the color (and made my skin grey). DHGate gave me $15 back. The purse was $85. They had 3 shades of purple. And they didn't send me the one I ordered. I even did side by side of my purse and the other colors and you can see they sent me a different shade. I think I can probably get my money back from Chase, or I hope so. But I've heard DHGate bans you if you do that, LOL. I've had a few other people look at the purse IRL and the color options and agree I was sent the other shade....Not telling you which I wanted. Do you think the purse matches the top or bottom? And you should see the edit the seller did of my photo (on the left). They made me GREY!

View attachment 726220
Top?

One good thing about grocery is you can buy loadable Visa gift cards. I cashed out $3000 in URs for cash. Should have waited because I could have saved about 60,000 URs.
I agree with both of these! The one bad thing about groceries is at 1.25, I'll have to think about whether the points would be better cashed out or used as travel (at 1.5). I will buy some gift cards at our usual restaurants before the end of the month.

Where did you find the offer? I checked my app and I don't see anything.
The one for my SW card I saw posted somewhere. I don’t remember where but I think it’s on the page where you check your offers on your chase cards. But then it was also there when I looked on my SW account under promotions . I told my daughters about it and neither of them had the offer on their cards. The Biz offer I got an email direct from chase about it.

Well I now have about 15 $1 charges from InstaCart in trying to attach my CSR. It worked today. But I can no add any of my other cards to my account. UGH! I guess I'll wait 24 hours and try to add my CSP and freedoms tomorrow. And then try to use all my credits. So if I use all my credits (including the every 3 mos) does it reset in Jan, or in March?

I'll have to try my OD today. I prefer the VGC offers there since you can MS the everywhere cards much easier at WM. I have a ton of Chase offers to work through. We'll see how many GCs I buy, LOL.

I think I'm going to file a chargeback on my CSR against DHGate. I ordered a purse, and the color they sent me is not what they showed on the website. The seller even went as far as to edit my photo evidence to change the color (and made my skin grey). DHGate gave me $15 back. The purse was $85. They had 3 shades of purple. And they didn't send me the one I ordered. I even did side by side of my purse and the other colors and you can see they sent me a different shade. I think I can probably get my money back from Chase, or I hope so. But I've heard DHGate bans you if you do that, LOL. I've had a few other people look at the purse IRL and the color options and agree I was sent the other shade....Not telling you which I wanted. Do you think the purse matches the top or bottom? And you should see the edit the seller did of my photo (on the left). They made me GREY!

View attachment 726220
Looks like it matches the top pic?

FYI it looks like the older MB ones have been removed from the promo, you have to look for the new Pathward labeled ones with the new fees :( I'm sure y'all know by now but same bank, just new name. (Must've been an expensive name change!) Also sucks that $600 isn't triggering both promos for $30 off like before. So if it doesn't work, check the packaging.

@IFlossU did you get the new 5.95 GEs? And if so are they ringing up with the right fee now? Last time I paid attention I think some were being charged the 7.95 like the regular Visas, even though the package says 5.95. Be good to hear that was fixed.

Thanks for this info - I made sure to buy Pathward ones and the discount applied. It sucks that the activation fee has gone up, but splitting a $400 purchase on 3 Chase cards with the ODOM offer is still a net positive. I bought the 5B ones just in case I can use them on a 5B merchant (like Royal Caribbean) if my WM load doesn't work.

Is Jan 1 your statement close date or payment due date?
Oh, good point! Payment due January 4th (mistake before)
Statement looks like it closed on 12/7.

So that means this next one (payable in January) is my December statement, and anything I spend after January 7 will count. Does that sound right?

Oh, good point! Payment due January 4th (mistake before)
Statement looks like it closed on 12/7.

So that means this next one (payable in January) is my December statement, and anything I spend after January 7 will count. Does that sound right?
Your December statement is the one that closed on 12/7. The next one closing on 1/7 is your January statement, and all spending you've charged to your SW card since 12/8/22 is going to count as 2023 RRs.

I never got around to using my 20% back off at Kohls on my second card. I bought an Amazon gift card with the first one. Would like something different. Has anyone seen a Visa or Amex gift card?

I've got Instacart credits on a couple of cards also. I never use Instacart but DD does at times. I ignore almost all things like delivery services, Uber, Instacart but maybe I should at least familiarize myself and understand it in the event I need to use.

If these Kohl's credits repeat themselves, I might be tempted to load them and use them in tandem. I've had 3 kohl's offers each time and used all of them, but many are going as gift card xmas presents, plus reloading Amazon.

I do get a little irritated when I see how much more it costs using these services, but that's probably because I can so easily still shop for myself and I have the time. DD just doesn't consider expense because she is a different generation and also has a good income and few responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter