I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I believe you are referring to NEXUS, that has a very long wait time and is only valid at land and sea ports of entry. When used by air it needs to be accompanied by a passport. When travelling by air there are no options other than a passport. Your friend may be able to go to a passport office and have one issued same day.
They are driving.

If you can get a Hyatt card, you can get an Ink. Or is this question for after the 90k CIU/CIC bonus expires?

Both the personal and biz Hyatt SUBs aren't great. To me, they only make sense as part of a larger strategy to get to Globalist. But who knows what the new Ink SUB will be, hard to say which will be better (I suspect still CIU/CIC).
No, I mean, I have gotten two ink cards within the past 10 months. DH has had 2 within 6 months. Three of these had the elevated 90K SUB. But we are inked out, aren't we? Don't we have to wait 2 years for a new SUB on each of the no AF INK cards? If not, I'll grab another.

The only thing I don't like about the Hyatt Biz card is the AF, but $100 is off-set by the $100 credit.
I wish I hadn't missed out on this card when it first came out and the SUB was higher.

They are driving.
It would be possible but not likely that an Enhanced Driver's License would be received in that time frame if they live in a state where one is available. Best info I can find is only MN, VT, WA, NY and MI offer them. If your friend qualifies for a Native American Tribal ID that would work as well.

No, I mean, I have gotten two ink cards within the past 10 months. DH has had 2 within 6 months. Three of these had the elevated 90K SUB. But we are inked out, aren't we? Don't we have to wait 2 years for a new SUB on each of the no AF INK cards? If not, I'll grab another.

I wish I hadn't missed out on this card when it first came out and the SUB was higher.

No, the 24 month rule isn't enforced. I actually don't see it in the terms now. You're only restricted to how fast you get any Chase cards (3 months is a good rule of thumb). Plus your total Chase credit limit should be under 50% of income or around 70-80k, whichever is lower.

No, the 24 month rule isn't enforced. I actually don't see it in the terms now. You're only restricted to how fast you get any Chase cards (3 months is a good rule of thumb). Plus your total Chase credit limit should be under 50% of income or around 70-80k, whichever is lower.
Oh boy! That's great to know, thanks! No wonder y'all are always getting more and more INK cards around here

Of note if anyone rememberd my issue with a sock drawered Barclay Hawaiian Biz card (don't ever get that one. It's horrible!) that had an AF post and I didn't notice for .....3 months when I got a letter they were closing the account :headache: ....

So far nothing has been reported to any credit bureaus that I can see. I was super worried about a giant ding on DH's perfect score but he's still in the 800's. I did go ahead and pay the 99$ on the closed account. It seemed ridiculous but I wanted to take care of a negative balance on a closed account ASAP. I sent a message asking them to reverse the fee but I never heard back. There may have been a better way to go about things but with no dings to the credit I figure I will take the $99 punishment for not being more on top of things. I hate awkward CS phone calls and my DH even more so I just left it be.

Last edited:
An interesting Amex retention DP (I think anyways lol). Took a retention on a plat last year on 1/31. I wondered how the 13 months in between retentions would work with February being a short month. Tried on 3/1 and told no retention since I already got one on 1/31 last year. Tried again today (3/3) and was offered $300 for $3000 spend. I asked if there were any other offers on my account and was told that's the best. Odd to not be offered a MR version.

So seems like they don't use a calculation based on calendar months, but maybe 365+30 or 31 days.

Going to try one last time before I cancel. This is a plat that was upgraded from a gold, plus 2 retentions. I'd rather keep it for the history (not that it really matters). I'd probably keep it for 40k MRs, but not $300 (or 30k).

If I have just canceled a CIC, how long do I have to wait before applying for a new one?

My original plan was to apply end of March but seems the 90k won't be around that long - I canceled my CIC yesterday, but what is the recommended wait time before applying for a new CIC? I already have a CIU.

If I have just canceled a CIC, how long do I have to wait before applying for a new one?

My original plan was to apply end of March but seems the 90k won't be around that long - I canceled my CIC yesterday, but what is the recommended wait time before applying for a new CIC? I already have a CIU.
No waiting period needed. And you can have multiple CIU if you prefer that card’s earning structure.

If you can get a Hyatt card, you can get an Ink. Or is this question for after the 90k CIU/CIC bonus expires?

Both the personal and biz Hyatt SUBs aren't great. To me, they only make sense as part of a larger strategy to get to Globalist. But who knows what the new Ink SUB will be, hard to say which will be better (I suspect still CIU/CIC).

Totally agree with this. It's long past time for me to churn my Hyatt card, but the SUB is just so low. Every time I think about it I do the math and just apply for another Ink card.

It would be possible but not likely that an Enhanced Driver's License would be received in that time frame if they live in a state where one is available. Best info I can find is only MN, VT, WA, NY and MI offer them. If your friend qualifies for a Native American Tribal ID that would work as well.
A Michigan Enhanced DL definitely takes longer than a week.

Totally agree with this. It's long past time for me to churn my Hyatt card, but the SUB is just so low. Every time I think about it I do the math and just apply for another Ink card.

DH canceled his Hyatt card. At some point at least 30 days later, will reapply. He should get the 5 elite nights again with the new card. Will then spend 15k to go towards the SUB, plus an FNC, plus 6 more elite nights. Only doing this to get to Globalist. Otherwise, would just keep the card forever.

I noticed that the support SUB is even worse. Only 20k points and $100 Hyatt credit. Guess we're forgoing the support unless it changes.

If you're willing to take a little less profit, you can always send $2,000/week via Venmo to a trusted party who returns it to you for some easy manufactured spending. You'll pay $120 for the $4,000 in spend, but the bonuses should more than cover that if you're facing a crunch.
Thanks for the idea but I want all profit for myself. Not giving up a penny! haha!

I only app for 1-2 cards per year and I've wanted to do that 90K offer since it came out.

I’ll 2nd what @iujen94 said. No need to wait. I canceled a CIU earlier this week, and was instantly approved for a new one this afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter