I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Munich and the surrounding region is one of our favorite places. The actual city is gorgeous - Rick Steve's walking tour was perfect for highlights and interesting history. We visited Bayern stadium - a glory of soccer for my son, a glory of engineering for me. Neuschwanstein and Linderhof are stunning palaces with grounds and vistas that are swoon worthy (and Linderhof interiors are a jewel). A stroller with good wheels is a necessity as hiking and strolling are seen as family activities and there is quite a bit of infrastructure to support it. We spent 6 days total (3 Munich 3 outside) and want to go back and spend more. Driving was so easy.
We only have a light weight stroller because ds mostly walks now. Hopefully that’s enough. That’s what we use at Disney and he’ll sometimes sit after awhile

If it's the hard floors, maybe look into OOFOS for around the house. They were designed to cushion the feet of marathon runners after they finish. It's helped me quite a bit with my PF.

I'd spend the 22k Avios, and be prepared to pay for seat selection with BA in J. I don't get folks saying 22k for J is too expensive. I'm spending 22k for Y on DL later this year domestically.
Thanks, do you know if I would have to pay for seat selection in Y? And how much is seat selection in J?

Well, I got to experience my first tick bite! Found it on the inside of my knee after showering this morning. I did not leave the house yesterday as I haven’t been feeling well the past few days (fatigue, nausea, chills). We’ve been taking daily walks on paved trails and going to the park daily. Maybe it got on my exterior clothes? And 1/2 of my wardrobe is black so difficult to spot them. So I went to the military hospital ER and was seen and got a prescription. I have TRICARE. No charge for anything and I don’t have to file any claims. My DD goes in tonight to be induced. Hopefully there will be a baby by morning! 😊

Well, I got to experience my first tick bite! Found it on the inside of my knee after showering this morning. I did not leave the house yesterday as I haven’t been feeling well the past few days (fatigue, nausea, chills). We’ve been taking daily walks on paved trails and going to the park daily. Maybe it got on my exterior clothes? And 1/2 of my wardrobe is black so difficult to spot them. So I went to the military hospital ER and was seen and got a prescription. I have TRICARE. No charge for anything and I don’t have to file any claims. My DD goes in tonight to be induced. Hopefully there will be a baby by morning! 😊
Oh my gosh--still no baby?

And do they have lyme disease in Europe? I had a terrible case as a teenager--not something to mess with.

The nice thing about switching to Munich is it was a lot less points and we have enough United points left over to book both of our positioning flights
Don’t forget to take advantage of the Polaris lounge before your flight. I didn’t know about it the first time I flew from Houston to Frankfurt. This last time, I took full advantage of a sit down meal and a yummy dessert from the self serve area. 😋

Oh my gosh--still no baby?

And do they have lyme disease in Europe? I had a terrible case as a teenager--not something to mess with.
Apparently ticks are most prevalent in Southwest Germany. And they can carry Lyme disease here too. I got a prophylactic dose of Doxycycline. I’m just glad I saw it this morning and was able to get seen and be back before she goes into the hospital this evening. And this weather is freaky! Was sleeting on the way home from the hospital this afternoon! I think I’m moving my Amsterdam trip out a few more days in hopes of warmer temperatures.

Last edited:
Don’t forget to take advantage of the Polaris lounge before your flight. I didn’t know about it the first time I flew from Houston to Frankfurt. This last time, I took full advantage of a sit down meal and a yummy dessert from the self serve area. 😋
Oh yeah we’ve already looked at the lounge lol. Excited to have somewhere to hang out before the flight

Okay so we booked Ireland in Biz Class in August 2022 to travel in March. I've been stalking the Aer Lingus site but the days we're not open to book until today. I discovered last week though that the flights were bookable on avios already, DOH! I have searched for EVERYTHING leaving the east coast (ORD, CLE, PHL, BOS) and there are only economy, not biz class available. I can't believe 11 mos out there are no seats when I was able to book them in August prior.

Does Aer Lingus wait to release biz class seats? I'm going to check daily, but the site SUCKS! And crashes like crazy. Should I call to book instead? HELP!

ok..... Bilt.... is this a good card to try out if I don't rent? Seems like a decent deal just for the bonus points to transfer....(?) yes? no?
TBH, I don't know if I'll proceed with this since I'm keeping an eye on my 5/24 status. I want to get the CSP and the SW CP so I will likely wait on this. Also, I saw lots of complaints on reddit about Bilt customer service so it will go on the back burner for now. Thanks @mmmears for providing the link on DISchurners!

Do you know about the "secret SUB"? 5x for 5 days. Link
I do! That was part of the attractiveness of the card, and secretly I was hoping that I could get away with paying mortgage since my lender has a payment portal where I can use a routing and account number. I wouldn't expect it to work but the lender codes as travel via Plastiq on my BoA card when I pick travel as the 3% category so I thought maybe its MCC on the MC network would work show up as rentals/real estate. But I'm seeing replies on reddit from a company representative that they will ask for a copy of the lease agreement if they have questions about a payment, so that scares me off. lol

I procrastinated on the $900 Chase bank bonus (story of my life) and was unable to open up accounts online yesterday. So I drove to one Chase bank where their banker was booked for the afternoon, but the teller was able to grab an appointment for me at another location 15 minutes away...that started in 5 minutes haha. She was nice enough to call them to say I was on my way and would be late as I was heading out the door. I did manage to get my accounts opened, and now just need to figure out what's gonna work as a direct deposit (I've checked DoC's list) for the checking. Unfortunately, I was unable to open DH's accounts online too, so only one $900 bonus for us if I'm successful.

As this was the first year we qualified for the American Opportunity Tax Credit with our college frosh, I'm weighing the pros and cons of pursuing taxable income if it will push us into not being able to claim it next year. Since our portfolio throws off unpredictable taxable income, it's hard to forecast. It's something I should pay better attention to.

Okay so we booked Ireland in Biz Class in August 2022 to travel in March. I've been stalking the Aer Lingus site but the days we're not open to book until today. I discovered last week though that the flights were bookable on avios already, DOH! I have searched for EVERYTHING leaving the east coast (ORD, CLE, PHL, BOS) and there are only economy, not biz class available. I can't believe 11 mos out there are no seats when I was able to book them in August prior.

Does Aer Lingus wait to release biz class seats? I'm going to check daily, but the site SUCKS! And crashes like crazy. Should I call to book instead? HELP!

I recall you being able to snag Biz for your March trip that late. I was nervous about booking ours, and actually moved our trip back about a week because suddenly the "new dates" getting released didn't have Biz seats but the earlier June dates did (when I was counting down to my booking window). After I booked I didn't go back and look though to see if something changed as time went on.

I wish I could offer something helpful! Good luck.

I recall you being able to snag Biz for your March trip that late. I was nervous about booking ours, and actually moved our trip back about a week because suddenly the "new dates" getting released didn't have Biz seats but the earlier June dates did (when I was counting down to my booking window). After I booked I didn't go back and look though to see if something changed as time went on.

I wish I could offer something helpful! Good luck.

When did you book your seats? I'm hoping it's just a case they haven't released them yet. I know our flight had open seats. It's the off season, so I would think we'd be okay. This is stressful!

When did you book your seats? I'm hoping it's just a case they haven't released them yet. I know our flight had open seats. It's the off season, so I would think we'd be okay. This is stressful!

I just looked at my emails, for our trip to DUB from BOS in Biz (traveling on June 4, 2023), I booked on June 29, 2022. Booked via Avios website.

It's been so long since our last precheck renewal. Both that and my passport need to be renewed. Do I need to renew passport first? Then precheck? It seems to me, the precheck may ask for passport info, but I can't recall...

Good find! I haven't dug around extensively but that seems to fit. I wonder how often they do the XP as part of card sign up. Would be nice to alternate years with a P2 if you regularly plan flights on Flying Blue lines. Definitely worthy of some search time for folks considering it.

Also tagged the post in the DISchurners News & Discussion thread for future reference.

I was able to successfully trigger this offer when doing an award booking. It did show up right before entering payment info. I didn't pull the trigger though, because, for whatever reason, there were no seat assignment fees in biz class on our KLM flight. What the heck? I know there was talk it wouldn't apply to North America, but many people said it did for them. But it clearly shows as an included item. We don't have status and we didn't book with kids, so we'll just take the win!

1682021130123.png

Also, so excited! Hubby and I booked the coast of Portugal for our 25th anniversary! We have biz class seats on KLM into Porto for 56k each OW + ~$200 in taxes/fees pp. But I'd pre-emptively transferred points (risky) during a transfer bonus, so I think it ended up being 45k MR + taxes/fees.

Our itinerary is super open right now. We usually go for luxury, but I'm thinking quaint, cosy and romantic for this trip. I'd love any Portugal suggestions.

LOL, we don't have a flight home yet... but that's the fun of booking for just two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter