I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Really should've been paying attention to my spreadsheet. I could've asked for retention on my plat early last month, well before my af since it was 13 mos from the last.

And I just got a statement for my dl plat with the af that posted Fri. Card does nothing, would rather keep the biz I have. Even if I got retention, I still have 5k on my cic to do so can't. Plus I'd rather hope for one on my plat when I'm done with my cic. Hoping cancelling it doesn't put me in pop up jail.

Guess I'll call to cancel this week.

Did it work on the wireless? I need to pay my bill and I know I had the offer on one of my cards. Now I just need to go back and find it,
sorry - just getting caught up here! I made my payment on 1/6, and it just went from pending to posted today. No credit yet. I’m a little worried because it shows on my statement as “AT&T fastpay,” which is different than what the OP saw on their bill (AT&T HSIA BUS E-EVR). I’ve also got AT&T internet, so if the wireless doesn’t work, I may try it for my internet too.

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do about keeping and changing cards.

Unless I get a really good retention offer I think I'm going to cancel my Platinum card. I like having it and I like the free Audible with the streaming credit, and the free Clear but I just don't think I get enough value to justify $695.

I am thinking about upgrading my CSP to the CSR. It would give me the lounge access that I'll lose with the Platinum. It will also give me the ability to cash out points for travel bookings at 1.5 vs 1.25. I will easily use the $300 travel credit. I can also use the monthly Instacart credit. If I'm going to upgrade, I feel like I should do it asap before I book our Airbnb in Mallorca. It would be better to get 3X points than 2X for travel. I'm just having a hard time pulling the trigger.

I also think I should apply for an Ink card while it still has the 90,000 bonus... I will have a $4000 insurance payment due next month so that will take care of 2/3 of the MSR. DH is about $1600 away from meeting his Ink MSR.
Depending on your 5/24 status you could consider the Schwab flavored Plat if you still want a Plat. It’s possible to get bonuses on both it and the normal Plat.

The 90k ink bonuses are sweet, I’d definitely make sure to get that while you can!

Question about using the prepaid gift cards:

Does anybody know if you can use them at Walmart or Target if the amount on the gift card is less than the amount of your total purchase? Can you use the gift card as partial payment, and then pay the rest with a credit card?
Yes, no problem either place. If for some reason it doesn't auto-drain, you just have to know the amount left on the card and do a split payment. Both SCOs should allow a split payment too, there should be a link on the payment screen for 'paying a different amount' or something like that so you can enter in the amount left and then make another payment.

The only thing I caution about using these for places like Target or Walmart is to think about potential returns. If you're buying groceries or something that's for sure no going back, it's very convenient to use up small amounts of VGC/MCGC there. But if it's other things that may be returned, the refund will go back to the VGC/MCGC so make sure you hold on to them until you're sure nothing can be returned. You could try to ask for store credit instead but I find it's just a hassle, so I stick to using them for things I won't be returning - utilities, charities, Dr bills, fast food, taxes, etc.

I've never registered any VGC and I've used probably a hundred of them over the years. I think if you were in a situation where you needed to run it as a debit and have PIN then you might need to register them. I always run them as credit, the majority of the time online.
It may depend on the brand. I never had any trouble with the Staples ones, but I got a five back brand at Lowe’s for an Amex offer and that was rejected online until I registered it

Did my second Staples run this morning. Hoping for at least two more this week. I am confused about when the year re-starts for my CIC ($25,000 max at office supply stores) because they are both still showing points earned last year.

DW has an AMEX Gold and Plat that will likely be canceled this year. She also has a business checking account. Will the checking account keep her MR alive after the gold and plat are canceled?

sorry - just getting caught up here! I made my payment on 1/6, and it just went from pending to posted today. No credit yet. I’m a little worried because it shows on my statement as “AT&T fastpay,” which is different than what the OP saw on their bill (AT&T HSIA BUS E-EVR). I’ve also got AT&T internet, so if the wireless doesn’t work, I may try it for my internet too.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-att-fiber-internet-spend-50-get-50-back-2x/#comments
looking at comments the ATT fastpay didn't post. I would try to pay the internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter