I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

depends on where you been. my dad got grilled about his entry into Bosnia...
my mom, they just talked about all the places to go in Fairbanks AS (appointment was in Fairbanks, AS). :P
Yeah, I got a few questions about my trip to Cuba

I have medications in my backpack that I need to live. That pack doesn't leave my sight from the time I get to the airport until I'm in my hotel room.
Same here, and same here. However ditsy me on my May trip to Florida left my remaining meds in the safe. Plus a couple other minor items. I was at the Swan hotel.

Fortunately for me everything was eventually located and UPS'd to me. No credit cards were left behind fortunately as I've been known to drop giftcards and CC's into the safe. I've since reassessed how I care for things and how I prepare to vacate a room.

Forgot about Daily Getaways and got to the IHG points a bit too late. Only the $25 for 5000 points were left. After doing 4 x $25, it denied me a 5th saying 4 was the max. So I got 20K points for $100. That's the best price anywhere that I've seen.

Wanted the full 25000 to add to existing points for a redemption, but I'll just do points and cash to get the few remaining points I'll need. I'll end up paying $30 for 5K points to finish off but nbd.

I need to get the business card to buck up my total and to be ready for whatever else comes down the road.

FM is reporting about their backpack getting stolen out of the trunk of their Uber. It contained a travel wallet, airpods and a laptop. The credit cards are already attempting to be used within minutes of being stolen.

I do always keep my personal bag with me in a cab/Uber/transport vehicle when traveling, but I have never thought to stand outside a vehicle until the trunk closes to ensure what is getting loaded doesn't "walk away." It's probably a best practice I'll employ in the future.
My backpack doesn't leave my sight from the time I leave the house until the time l I am in a hotel room. When it's not beside me in a vehicle or in an airport lounge, it's either on my back or at my feet on a plane. I started carrying my passport, cash and 2 credit cards in a Lululemon fanny pack and that doesn't come off until it goes into a hotel safe (yes, I sleep with it on on planes). Since I mostly travel solo now I am super careful about my belongings.

Southwest Sweepstakes started today. The big one is 10X on SW purchases. Terms: earn a total of 10 points for each $1 spent with any Rapid Rewards® Credit Card, on up to $500.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages ("Qualifying Purchases").

Do we think point transfer will qualify? Either way I'm going to transfer $500 points and hope it counts. That would mean I'm only 2,500 points short from earning the CP pass this year.

Well, I just looked at my last transfer transaction and it doesn't look like I earned any points.
1686604755106.png
But then this other details has something different
1686605064144.png

Last edited:
Please be aware the Dis does not allow referrals. As such, we avoid the use of that word here and prefer ‘support’. We share support links on a private Dischurners group on Reddit.
sorry
I did go to dischurners first but none of the amex support links pulled up the 125k just the 80

DISchurners has many Amex support links. Any link will get you to any Amex card. Whether you can pull elevated offers is on you. Try different browsers, clearing cookies, incognito, etc. Once I got an elevated link only by going via my phone on LTE.

Also try without a support link if you aren’t getting what you want and see if that changes the offer.
thanks. I did try 2 browsers, incognito
i'll try phone next! not sure what lte is

Same. He pretty much scanned my passport, took my prints and photo, and sent me on my way. So much hassle getting the appointment (and ended up having to drive to a further airport) for barely 5 minutes of interaction.
That's what happened to my DD (for my grandson) last week as well. 5 minutes... if even that much.

You can and should arrange this ahead of time. There might be a button online you can push for special assistance to associate that with your reservation. Otherwise, you could call. Just know that wheelchair assistance can be sort of a nightmare if you are the type of person who values their time. It's often a ton of waiting, waiting, waiting.

Bring passports. I think you should ask about the wife and son; it wouldn't hurt. Let us know if you have any traction with that.
They asked - sadly no traction. Just a generic, “sometimes the review process can take longer.” DS got his approval within minutes of the appointment ending. DH still waiting (it’s been about 4 hours).

DH and DS (age 19) have their Global Entry interviews this afternoon (DS17 and I are still impatiently waiting for approval). Anything they should take with them to their interview? Also, any thought whether it would do ANY good for my DH to nicely say, “hey, any chance there’s a way to know when my my wife and son might get conditionally approved” or something like that? (Not that the person would actually know the answer, but maybe they’d push a magic button that would get us out of limbo?? 😂)
When did you apply? I did DH, DS and my renewals in late Dec and they are still pending review. That is crazy! Thank goodness they extended them in the meantime since DH is “expired.”

When did you apply? I did DH, DS and my renewals in late Dec and they are still pending review. That is crazy! Thank goodness they extended them in the meantime since DH is “expired.”
It was the very beginning of May. DH and DS19 got conditional approval that same day or maybe the next day. DS17 and I are still waiting. I know that’s not long compared to how long many have waited!

I'm sitting on three months of "Pending Review" right now. Very glad I didn't wait until I had an international trip planned to apply.

I'm sitting on three months of "Pending Review" right now. Very glad I didn't wait until I had an international trip planned to apply.
After reading the horror stories, I’m just hoping for approval before we go to Spain next June!

You can and should arrange this ahead of time. There might be a button online you can push for special assistance to associate that with your reservation. Otherwise, you could call. Just know that wheelchair assistance can be sort of a nightmare if you are the type of person who values their time. It's often a ton of waiting, waiting, waiting.
Dang, I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad. I need to contact them. thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter