I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I'm trying to teach my son a little about investing. Jumped on the Fidelity $50 offer for a youth account so he's buying fractional shares. He's made some money on Amazon and Microsoft. Sort of fun to watch him be interested in something besides video games. Of course I'm trying to teach him about buying and holding, historical returns, etc. But I'm not sure we're there. Incidentally, the power of compound interest was one of the most important things my dad taught me as a kid (he was an economist).

we did Myrtle Beach. but only got 20k points! nice quick vacation, nicew hotel on the beach. presentation was a bit long, especially after we said o!
Thanks! We ended up booking this--150,000 Hilton points was too good to pass up, and we have been wanting to plan an AZ trip for a while.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has survived the Hilton sales pitch. I understand that we've agreed to give them 2 hours, and my only worry is how to really end it then. I'm thinking of saying that we have a reservation somewhere at X time if it seems that it's going to go longer. (Fortunately DH and I are 100% agreed than we are not under any circumstances buying anything.)

I'd also appreciate any AZ trip tips. From Scottsdale, what national or state parks could we get in as day trips?

I recently posted that my dad was able to transfer his UR to me even though we are not in the same household. If you can get that to work for you, you could just transfer the UR and bank them. Those points could be considered a replacement for the points you have already used for your flights. If you want to try the transfer, she just needs your UR cc number and then she can call and ask them to transfer. I wasn't with my dad when he called but he just told them he wanted to transfer points to his daughter and they didn't ask anything else except my card number.
waitttt.... I thought it was household only?

My SWA Performance Biz card is coming up for renewal. Do Business cards offer retention bonuses?
I'm interested to know too, but I'm wondering if I can just close and apply for a new one in 30 days. Seems like business cards don't follow the 24 SUB rule so I'm wondering if that's the same with the SW business card SUBs.

waitttt.... I thought it was household only?

It is. Maybe it's not enforce well. Personally, I would be wary of poking the bear.

Terms from the combine points section:
"You can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household. If we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you’ve misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards or manufacturing spend, repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you’ve already earned. If we believe you’ve engaged in any of these acts, we’ll close your credit card account."

My SWA Performance Biz card is coming up for renewal. Do Business cards offer retention bonuses?

Saw a couple DPs for the Priority, but not for the Performance biz. In general, Chase isn't big on retention offers like Amex. Doesn't hurt to ask, though you would need to call.

All this Japan talk is stressing me out, we go in 5 months and I don't have anything planned. I have flights and hotels booked, USJ and DTR dates selected but besides that I haven't looked at Temples or Shrines.
Same! I go in June and have just air and hotel booked, that's it!

To finish off the $50 off $50 ATT Amex offer, I got a credit for $2.50 which is for 5% back on a wireless bill. That must have been the You've used your offer email that I received. I paid using the incognito trick mentioned but it posted as ATT Fast Pay. At least it's something! :) And since I had totally forgotten about that offer, I'll pay the rest of the bill now and get a few more bucks back.

Thanks! We ended up booking this--150,000 Hilton points was too good to pass up, and we have been wanting to plan an AZ trip for a while.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has survived the Hilton sales pitch. I understand that we've agreed to give them 2 hours, and my only worry is how to really end it then. I'm thinking of saying that we have a reservation somewhere at X time if it seems that it's going to go longer. (Fortunately DH and I are 100% agreed than we are not under any circumstances buying anything.)

I'd also appreciate any AZ trip tips. From Scottsdale, what national or state parks could we get in as day trips?
Good luck. We sat through one at Myrtle Beach and the reward was a full week's stay to be used in the next year, plus a $100 VGC. They were soooo nice but they were pushing sooo hard. It was awful. It took well over the agreed upon time and we kept saying no but then they would try harder. We both said never again immediately after we got away from them. However, we very much enjoyed our free week stay in Florida the following spring. You are smart to have some type of "ressie" that you must leave for. Tell them up front about it so they are clear that you are leaving at a certain time.

Sedona is worth your time

We’ll be there mid-June to July!
I'll be there at the beginning of June! The whole not being able to book Disney stuff really stresses me out and I think I've just not really planned anything else b/c of that!
We’ll be there mid May. Honestly, I’m having a hard time figuring out what certain attractions actually need to be booked in advance, and what you can just show up to. For example, some of the different specialty cafes, restaurants, arashiyama scenic railway, teamlab attractions, shibuya sky, Tokyo sky tree, even the bullet trains! I’m still not understanding what trains I need to reserve and which I don’t. Every day I’m reading something new. I think I will be for the next 4 months 😂

Ok I'm officially anxious now about our late January SWA flights after the big meltdown,and now what's going on today... :scared:

We’ll be there mid May. Honestly, I’m having a hard time figuring out what certain attractions actually need to be booked in advance, and what you can just show up to. For example, some of the different specialty cafes, restaurants, arashiyama scenic railway, teamlab attractions, shibuya sky, Tokyo sky tree, even the bullet trains! I’m still not understanding what trains I need to reserve and which I don’t. Every day I’m reading something new. I think I will be for the next 4 months 😂
We did the Arashiyama scenic train and you don’t have to book it ahead of time. I would go there and book it right when you get there though because the times do fill up. We ended up having to do an afternoon time. Idk which cafes you’re doing but we did the Pokémon cafe and we did have to book that ahead of time before leaving for Japan. We bought the team lab tickets ahead of time but I think it was after we got to Japan. The bullet trains we booked right after we landed. There was a desk at the airport I believe that booked it and they helped us get seats so that we were on the side of mt. Fuji each time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter