I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Maybe Cap 1 doesn't want people who pay off their cards, they're not making money off of us, they want to make all that sweet interest and late fee money.

I never carry a balance, and I have never been denied for a Cap One card (Citi on the other hand...). But of course, if I go for this one, I may very well be denied. DoC also has said max of 2 Cap One cards, but my dd has 3. Go figure.
I am NEVER eligible for these when I click thru the link :scared:
I used one just last week, 30% up to $30, with one MR.
Last night I got offered another one when I was looking at stuff on Amazon. 40% off up to $60 with one MR. These are great timing, with the new camper I am literally ordering dozens of items a week right now!

I just saw this advertised on Instagram by Tom Felton and I told dh I HAVE to go to this next year when we’re in Tokyo.

https://www.wbstudiotour.jp/en/
DW and I went to London last year. My dad and step mom also went with us and I was the only one who wanted to do the tour. We only had 3 days in London so I didn't want to take up basically a full day with something that no one else wanted to do. I did tell DW that we were going to go back to London for a longer trip and that time we were going to do the tour.

DW and I went to London last year. My dad and step mom also went with us and I was the only one who wanted to do the tour. We only had 3 days in London so I didn't want to take up basically a full day with something that no one else wanted to do. I did tell DW that we were going to go back to London for a longer trip and that time we were going to do the tour.
Dh told me he might take ds to do something else instead of taking him. I’m not sure if we’ll actually split up. I don’t really enjoy doing things alone but I also don’t want ds to be bored to tears

I really want the Cap One 100,00 points offer. Only I already have the Cap One Venture and Venture X. Would it work if I cancelled my Venture X (have had for about a year and a half - only keeping for PP but am planning up upgrading my Marriott Boundless Card to the Ritz, that will give me a better PP)

Would I be able to apply again after my Venture X is closed and Can I hold 2 of the same Cards? My Cap One Venture Card will be a year old in Mid July, so can't cancel that one yet. Or should I wait and cancel that one and hope the offer is still around?

DH just got the Venture Card in April so he is not eligible as I think you can only get 1 card every 6 months with them.

So I have a question. If DH gets another 10 night's at Hyatt before July 17th, he will hit Globalist. I have one small trip planned this year and nothing yet for 2024. It will probably cost me about $1k to do a couple mattress runs. I'm not sure it's worth it, but it was so nice to have when he had it a couple years ago. It seems like a lot of money to throw at a couple of free breakfasts. Any opinions?

So I have a question. If DH gets another 10 night's at Hyatt before July 17th, he will hit Globalist. I have one small trip planned this year and nothing yet for 2024. It will probably cost me about $1k to do a couple mattress runs. I'm not sure it's worth it, but it was so nice to have when he had it a couple years ago. It seems like a lot of money to throw at a couple of free breakfasts. Any opinions?
It's more than the couple of free breakfasts though, you get free parking (including valet parking) on award nights. No resort fees if you pay cash for the room (all award bookings get waived resort fees).

Is this part of that Bilt promo? Something to be aware of is that the Milestone Awards with Hyatt still have to be earned with elite nights...awards such as free Cat 1-4 night certificate, suite upgrades, concierge, etc. Getting Globalist from the Bilt promo won't be enough to get you those other perks.

There is a good write-up of doing mattress runs for the Bilt promo and whether or not it's worth it on FM HERE. If you don't plot out where you'd use Globalist for the rest of this year and 2024 then it may not make a lot of sense.

I just saw this advertised on Instagram by Tom Felton and I told dh I HAVE to go to this next year when we’re in Tokyo.

https://www.wbstudiotour.jp/en/
We went to the one in London a few years ago. Totally worth it.
Applied for the Cap One Venture and got denied. It says it will send me a letter stating the reason for the denial. I have never had any Cap One card, all my personal cards are very low balances (just haven't paid them off this month yet). I'm carrying a balance on one of my biz 0% interest cards, but that's not too high either. Income is higher than its ever been. I haven't applied for a new card in several months. What are they picky about? Can I do a recon with Cap One?
Cap One is the only time DH got denied. They are dead to him now so he won't even consider trying again. They hard pull, too.
Gloabalist is great if you stay at a lot of Hyatt hotels, especially the fancy ones where the breakfast is expensive. The "free" breakfast at the Park Hyatt in Paris was out of this world (with a price tag to match). The free parking and lounge access saved us a bundle in Kauai. It's worth it if it's going to save you more than $1000 in the next year and a half (that would be a hard yes for my family, but YMMV).

It's more than the couple of free breakfasts though, you get free parking (including valet parking) on award nights. No resort fees if you pay cash for the room (all award bookings get waived resort fees).

Is this part of that Bilt promo? Something to be aware of is that the Milestone Awards with Hyatt still have to be earned with elite nights...awards such as free Cat 1-4 night certificate, suite upgrades, concierge, etc. Getting Globalist from the Bilt promo won't be enough to get you those other perks.

There is a good write-up of doing mattress runs for the Bilt promo and whether or not it's worth it on FM HERE. If you don't plot out where you'd use Globalist for the rest of this year and 2024 then it may not make a lot of sense.
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.

We went to the one in London a few years ago. Totally worth it.

Cap One is the only time DH got denied. They are dead to him now so he won't even consider trying again. They hard pull, too.

Gloabalist is great if you stay at a lot of Hyatt hotels, especially the fancy ones where the breakfast is expensive. The "free" breakfast at the Park Hyatt in Paris was out of this world (with a price tag to match). The free parking and lounge access saved us a bundle in Kauai. It's worth it if it's going to save you more than $1000 in the next year and a half (that would be a hard yes for my family, but YMMV).
Do you think ds would be okay walking through it or will he be super bored?

It's hard to say. Does he know anything about HP? Would he recognize the Great Hall? It was pretty cool when we went and there were kids there, too. There are some interactive things (like you can summon a broom, "ride" a broom, watch the mandrake baby cry, have some butterbeer, etc.). There are sets from the movies and lots of props, so there is a lot to look at. But there are no rides or anything like that. They have a pretty extensive shop.

It's hard to say. Does he know anything about HP? Would he recognize the Great Hall? It was pretty cool when we went and there were kids there, too. There are some interactive things (like you can summon a broom, "ride" a broom, watch the mandrake baby cry, have some butterbeer, etc.). There are sets from the movies and lots of props, so there is a lot to look at. But there are no rides or anything like that. They have a pretty extensive shop.
He doesn’t know anything about Harry Potter. We do have the first book as the illustrated version so maybe we’ll start trying to read that to him so he has some of an idea what it is lol.

Same here. I did it once like a year and a half ago and ever since I'm told I'm not eligible... Still have my CSR linked and enrolled to pay with points, so that's not the issue. Oh well...
Same for me too.
Quoting myself again...Delta just approved all the out of pocket expenses and will reimburse. Not a bad turn around time.
Meanwhile, I am still over here waiting for United to send my compensation for the involuntary downgrade on May 15.
I just did the one in London in May. I'm not sure how old your son is (I may have missed that), but there were lots of kids there. They seemed to be less interested in the details and just went from big exhibit to big exhibit. Definitely plenty for him to enjoy if he's a big fan.

Same for me too.

Meanwhile, I am still over here waiting for United to send my compensation for the involuntary downgrade on May 15.

I just did the one in London in May. I'm not sure how old your son is (I may have missed that), but there were lots of kids there. They seemed to be less interested in the details and just went from big exhibit to big exhibit. Definitely plenty for him to enjoy if he's a big fan.
He’ll be 4 😆 I think we’ll start trying to read him the illustrated version and see if he’ll listen. He’s too young for the movies. We do have the Lego Harry Potter game so maybe even having him watch us play that will help him at least recognize characters and places. Generally if we’re excited about something he is too

I'm trying to figure out when my Biz Plat AF will post. I got the card last June and the initial AF posted on July 15. Does that mean I can expect the next AF to also post on July 15?

Applied for the Cap One Venture and got denied. It says it will send me a letter stating the reason for the denial. I have never had any Cap One card, all my personal cards are very low balances (just haven't paid them off this month yet). I'm carrying a balance on one of my biz 0% interest cards, but that's not too high either. Income is higher than its ever been. I haven't applied for a new card in several months. What are they picky about? Can I do a recon with Cap One?
DD got denied for the Cap One Savor Student card.

Last edited:
I have regrets about PCing my CSP to a Freedom after 1 year. DH still has his and I thought that would be good enough. But there are times it makes sense for me to make the reservations because I have status and I don't have enough points and have no transfer ability.

Can I PC my Freedom back to a CSP and if I do, will that restart the 4 year eligibility for a SUB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter