I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I was planning on doing a week in Italy for Thanksgiving 2024, but the more I thought about it 7 days just isn't enough. I was thinking that maybe we could do a week in Morocco. Anyone been? Any itinerary recommendations?

If you know it's been a year from when you got it in Aug you can cancel. But bofa will reverse the af if you cancel after it posts. I've done it with both biz and personal AS cards.
Great, that's what I was hoping! I'll try to remember to cancel at the end of August but this gives me wiggle room in case I get distracted and forget.

I was planning on doing a week in Italy for Thanksgiving 2024, but the more I thought about it 7 days just isn't enough. I was thinking that maybe we could do a week in Morocco. Anyone been? Any itinerary recommendations?

We did a week in Italy over Thanksgiving last year, and the temps were perfect. Split between Venice and Rome. Easy train ride in between. It was perfect amount of time for us.

My house only has the unit and this terrifies me.
I mean we know it’s inevitable right, and of course it’s going to happen in the middle of summer. Our units are 22 years old, we chose to gamble, so here we are. Tech can’t get here until Saturday. Fortunately our biggest unit is still working. When it dies we’ll definitely have to go to a hotel. Could we proactively replace it, sure, but I absolutely hate spending the money. I’m stubborn like that.

I mean we know it’s inevitable right, and of course it’s going to happen in the middle of summer. Our units are 22 years old, we chose to gamble, so here we are. Tech can’t get here until Saturday. Fortunately our biggest unit is still working. When it dies we’ll definitely have to go to a hotel. Could we proactively replace it, sure, but I absolutely hate spending the money. I’m stubborn like that.
We are in this situation. We have one unit and it's over 20 years old. We can either proactively replace it or I'm sure it will die either on the hottest day or the coldest day. We're gambling on it right now but it is something I'd like to take care of in the near future. My fear is something going wrong when we are out of town and someone is watching our dogs. I don't want them to have to deal with it and I don't want to deal with it when I'm out of town either. Good luck to you, right now we all need that air conditioning.

Got my points transferred and was able to book my flight to Africa :) I booked through AirCanada and am doing a combo of First and Business on Air India. 140k and ~$50 cash one way. I know there are likely better redemptions out there if I was willing to wait, but I'm the kind of high-anxiety person that sleeps better having a flight booked.

Now I need to figure out the return!

Spending a few days in Nairobi (including one night at Giraffe Manor) and then hopping to Tanzania for a mix of safari and time on Zanzibar (in both Stone Town and at the beach). Still working out the details.
Congratulations!!! Nairobi, Giraffe Manor and Tanzania are big bucket list goals for me! Please share the details as you work things out. I’m sure a good bunch of us here would be most interested in learning through your plans. Right off, I had not considered Aeroplan to book Air India when the time comes. So thank you for sharing that tip. 😊

A while back I called SW to check when my last bonus posted to my RR account. They told me it was on 07/27/21. I assume that my Chase statement closed a few days before this. Since I'm now 2 years from that bonus am I good to apply again now or do I need to wait a bit longer? Also can SW cards be expiated?

Woke up this morning to emails from Booking dot com confirming my Days Inn reservation in Orlando...that I did not make. Couldn't cancel on Booking website since the reservation was for tonight and they charge for cancellation. From what I can see on Booking it is not my CC but it might have been an old card of mine (don't remember adding a crd bc I never use that site). I did manage to call them and the woman said they would send an email to the hotel to cancel but that I should also call the hotel to let them know. I did and the hotel guy was super rude and just said "you need to call Booking, I'm not doing anything" after I just said "I canceled with Booking and they told me to call you to alert you to look for an email from them." 🙄 I froze all my cards this morning and will be spending this evening changing passwords for all CCs and all hotel, airline, etc accounts.
Use this as a chance to switch to a password manager (google the password manager of your choice first to make sure it doesn’t have a getting hacked history like LastPass) and use randomly generated passwords for every account. I made the switch (chose Bitwarden) a couple years ago, best thing I ever did for online security. Accounts will continue to be compromised more and more in the future, so be ready.

This isn't directly related, but today I came home early from work and told the sitter to go ahead and leave early. Then as I was settling in, I noticed my 3 yr old had on a different shirt. I asked her why, and she said she got paint over it. I found the shirt sitting on top of the dresser and "got paint over it" was an understatement. It looked like she rolled around in a puddle of paint. So I proceeded to check where the painting was done, and found that she had emptied 10 jars of acrylic paint on the granite countertops and made a big swirling masterpiece. Needless to say, I called the sitter to not come back tomorrow.

I know it's not the same as what you're saying and it's absolutely not my 3 year old's fault at all. But as I'm sitting waiting for the cleaning solution to soak for the next 30 mins, I'm trying to remind myself I would miss this one day.
Ridiculous.

I would consider putting a few cameras in the living areas and mentioning them to the next sitter. Even if they aren’t functioning their presence might encourage the next sitter to at least be in the same room as your child.

Got my points transferred and was able to book my flight to Africa :) I booked through AirCanada and am doing a combo of First and Business on Air India. 140k and ~$50 cash one way. I know there are likely better redemptions out there if I was willing to wait, but I'm the kind of high-anxiety person that sleeps better having a flight booked.

Now I need to figure out the return!

Spending a few days in Nairobi (including one night at Giraffe Manor) and then hopping to Tanzania for a mix of safari and time on Zanzibar (in both Stone Town and at the beach). Still working out the details.
Intrigued to hear a review on air India J! I see availability with them but always pass as I’ve also seen bad reviews.

I cancelled our deposit for our Alaska cruise 2024. Will rebook for 2025 when Princess opens pricing. With Hawaii in Nov 2023 and a Disney cruise Nov. 2024 it was just too much money on a trip I didn’t like. I’m sure NCL would have been fine but I’m thinking Princess will get me a little more Alaska.

Now, I’m trying to add on a Disney trip for either Easter week or the week of July 4th. I booked VGF for Easter but got the email about construction(which I forgot all about) Easter at the Grand is on my Disney bucket list so I’m not sure I want to go and not stay there? Maybe July 4th week is a better option?

Card related because I'd use a card to pay for it...

We are considering purchasing a week (an additional week...we have one already around spring break) at our timeshare condo in Carlsbad (CA). We are looking at the week that would, most years, include Christmas Day.

We are in Phoenix so it's an easy drive- there is no concern about flights or anything.

Do any of you regularly travel over Christmas, or do you have any thoughts about being gone, every year, around that time?

For reference we only have one child (16) left at home, and Christmas isn't huge in our family other than we try to have Christmas dinner with the kids and grandparents every year (either on the day itself or the day before/after depending on what my "kid" schedule is with my boys' dad).

I know I love the location and we are definitely interested in a second week each year, but I'm worried that I'd regret getting that specific week.

We are in this situation. We have one unit and it's over 20 years old. We can either proactively replace it or I'm sure it will die either on the hottest day or the coldest day. We're gambling on it right now but it is something I'd like to take care of in the near future. My fear is something going wrong when we are out of town and someone is watching our dogs. I don't want them to have to deal with it and I don't want to deal with it when I'm out of town either. Good luck to you, right now we all need that air conditioning.

I refuse to comment on this! My house is 21 years old...and our water heater already went down this year, and our washer has been repaired several times.
I cancelled our deposit for our Alaska cruise 2024. Will rebook for 2025 when Princess opens pricing. With Hawaii in Nov 2023 and a Disney cruise Nov. 2024 it was just too much money on a trip I didn’t like. I’m sure NCL would have been fine but I’m thinking Princess will get me a little more Alaska.

Now, I’m trying to add on a Disney trip for either Easter week or the week of July 4th. I booked VGF for Easter but got the email about construction(which I forgot all about) Easter at the Grand is on my Disney bucket list so I’m not sure I want to go and not stay there? Maybe July 4th week is a better option?
I would do the 4th. May be crowded, but nothing like Easter crowds.

Use this as a chance to switch to a password manager (google the password manager of your choice first to make sure it doesn’t have a getting hacked history like LastPass) and use randomly generated passwords for every account. I made the switch (chose Bitwarden) a couple years ago, best thing I ever did for online security. Accounts will continue to be compromised more and more in the future, so be ready.
I use Bitwarden also, having been doing so for a few years. One of the best things I ever did period, regardless of online security. So nice never to have to struggle signing in to things. And the app lets you auto populate sign-in info onto websites or other apps. It's great and free. Liked it so much, I sent them money to support them, lol.

Card related because I'd use a card to pay for it...

We are considering purchasing a week (an additional week...we have one already around spring break) at our timeshare condo in Carlsbad (CA). We are looking at the week that would, most years, include Christmas Day.

We are in Phoenix so it's an easy drive- there is no concern about flights or anything.

Do any of you regularly travel over Christmas, or do you have any thoughts about being gone, every year, around that time?

For reference we only have one child (16) left at home, and Christmas isn't huge in our family other than we try to have Christmas dinner with the kids and grandparents every year (either on the day itself or the day before/after depending on what my "kid" schedule is with my boys' dad).

I know I love the location and we are definitely interested in a second week each year, but I'm worried that I'd regret getting that specific week.
We travel often over Christmas, we've spent 1 out of the last 4 Christmases at home. We've done skiing twice and San Diego once, I really enjoyed it but the girls asked to do Christmas at home last year so we did. I don't think they enjoyed it as much as they thought so they have requested another Christmas trip. We aren't religious people so it's more about family time for us and they realized that Christmas with extended family isn't that much fun.

I refuse to comment on this! My house is 21 years old...and our water heater already went down this year, and our washer has been repaired several times.

I would do the 4th. May be crowded, but nothing like Easter crowds.
Lol. I'm in the same boat. Water heater was just replaced. Then my range died (well the bake element started sparking and it was 16 years old so I figured I would replace it). New range from Costco is great (basic GE) but the control panel buzzes. Icemaker in the fridge stopped working. The fridge needs to be replaced, but it fits into a cabinet that I think they made 1" too short so I'm really limited. I'm pretty sure the dishwasher will go soon (2007 Bosch). And the AC (one unit for a two-story 2,200 square foot house) will also likely die soon.

Lol. I'm in the same boat. Water heater was just replaced. Then my range died (well the bake element started sparking and it was 16 years old so I figured I would replace it). New range from Costco is great (basic GE) but the control panel buzzes. Icemaker in the fridge stopped working. The fridge needs to be replaced, but it fits into a cabinet that I think they made 1" too short so I'm really limited. I'm pretty sure the dishwasher will go soon (2007 Bosch). And the AC (one unit for a two-story 2,200 square foot house) will also likely die soon.
my ktichen appliances were replaced when we remodeled in 2016, so I hope those are good, but the newer they are, the crappier they are I hear LOL

I'm planning on booking flights to Japan today! Going to book premium economy on United through Chase. Doing multi-city so we can fly into Tokyo and out of Osaka. Was going to fly out of Dulles but it's actually cheaper to fly out of Richmond to Dulles. Starting to plan this has been a much needed distraction from major work, school, and family stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter