I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We did downgrade and will keep it since it has been opened for so long and has a very high credit limit.

However, it's not abnormal for us to put over fifty thousand dollars a year on our credit card (we pay it off montly).

So at this point I don't mind opening up a third card and using that if there are benefits to it. Considering how much we tend to put on the card on a yearly basis. I might as well get something back out of it. I just don't see me getting anything out of the Delta card anymore considering all the changes.
You should look at the specific travel partners for Chase and Amex and any other providers you are considering. Start with that and try to get/wait for a good SUB. Once you narrow it down to a specfic currency/provider, come back BEFORE you apply and ask questions about that specific card/provider. Many here can give you tips on how to get the best SUB.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone would like give their opinion on Amex platinum travel credit? Last year i bought a flight for jetblue with credit that takes place later this month. Im not going to take the flight. I normally would cancel and take travel bank credit. Just got email saying flight change entitles me to refund to amex. Is it too risky to take it? I rather have the refund than travel bank than credit. But not sure how amex handles it. Thank you.

I cannot wrap my head around this and I keep reading conflicting information. Can I use capital one miles to pay for a disney vacation package? Or will the whole package code as "entertainment"? Some places I see say ticket only sales code as entertainment, and some places I see says the vacation package codes as entertainment.

I'm having trouble finding it. I'm globalist but have no status with AA. Where do you see promotions? I find AA's site difficult to navigate

ETA: I found a promotions section on the app but don't have that promotion 🤦

Are your Hyatt and AA accounts linked? That would be the first thing, but even then it's targeted. I'm Explorist and targeted, but DH is Globalist and not. I currently have an AA cc and he does not, no idea if that made a difference.

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone would like give their opinion on Amex platinum travel credit? Last year i bought a flight for jetblue with credit that takes place later this month. Im not going to take the flight. I normally would cancel and take travel bank credit. Just got email saying flight change entitles me to refund to amex. Is it too risky to take it? I rather have the refund than travel bank than credit. But not sure how amex handles it. Thank you.

Amex is claw back happy, so yes it's risky. Even if they don't claw back right away, doesn't mean you're in the clear either. They've been known to claw back years down the road even when the card is closed!

Amex is claw back happy, so yes it's risky. Even if they don't claw back right away, doesn't mean you're in the clear either. They've been known to claw back years down the road even when the card is closed!
Thank you so much. That is what i thought. With all this negative news lately with airlines/lounges and credit card programs im scared to do anything "questionable". Platinum losing audible credit is a real blow to me. Not to mention the new AU changes. Come renewal time it is sayonara.

Well FOMO got me... Was planning on laying low on Chase for a bit but then I see the new 90,000 SUB. So, I applied an was approved for another INK Card ( Referring from DH for 40,000 UR's). SM'd chase and they will give me the extra 15,000 UR's after I meet spend.

So, my plan was to open a US Bank Biz Checking Account, which you can fund with a CC up to $3,000. Well - I already got this account last year, so am not eligible. So, I added DH as a AU on the Ink Card then opened up a US Bank Account in his name and used the AU Card to fund for $3000. Now waiting to see if this all goes through.... Fingers crossed!

That is pretty much what we did. I'm just looking to get at least a third card to maximize rewards.
I'll be the oddball who hasn't had any issues with BoA, but I'll preface that by saying my cards from BoA are from 2021 or earlier. If you have $100K (3 mo avg) in assets you can park at Merrill Lynch, you qualify for their Platinum Honors tier and get a 75% boost over the regular cc rewards. At that tier, with the BoA Premium Rewards card you could get 2.625% cash back on all spending, and 3.5% back on travel & dining. It currently has a $600 SUB for $4K MSR, and $95 AF and a yearly $100 airline incidental credit. Based on recent comments here, I think this would be an option only if you have a nearby BoA branch where you could go in person if you needed to. This is a card I opened in order to have the easiest and most cash back from normal spending for a non-churner. That said, since I'm routinely opening new cards, I rarely ever use it.

Going the Ink Cash route and getting no-fee prepaids at office supply stores will get you 5% cash back at a minimum. I do find the bookkeeping portion of this annoying, but I will still do it depending on what my goals are at the time.

Speaking of Amex Plat. I was about halfway thru my retention offer spend when I had an offer on my card that said if I spent $3000 in 90 days (or it was by a certain date in Novemnber, I'd have to go back and look), I'd get 3k extra MRs so I added to my card. I'm wondering if that last 1500 spent toward my retention offer would also count towards that 3k spend. If so, I'm pretty close to hitting the 3k and would probably go for it. I can't decide if I want to keep spending on my Amex Plat if I'm starting from 0 after hitting the retention offer. There's no language in the 'fine print' that I can see, but I doubt they'd list retention bonuses anywhere anyway.

Anyone have a guess?

Sure, it stacks.

Wanted to say thanks again. I just completed the 3k spend for a bonus 3k (offer added to my card on 8/4 so I had until 11/4). I hit the 3k yesterday purchasing eyeglasses and Amex sent me a confirmation email last night and the 3k bonus pts were in my account today (which was nice since I thought I was still short around $200). I think 1/2 to 2/3rd of that spend went to both my retention offer I got in June and this offer.

Speaking of Amex, I have an offer on my card for 10% back for paying wireless service. I have Verizon and get the discount for the ACH to my checking account, but I know people here use other cards for warranty and leave a balance for the autopay. When I tried to do this online just now it specifically said I'd lose the discount for this month if I continued. Is there a correct way to do this?

Seeing all the talk about paypal bill pay - I checked and my electric company is on there. Right now it's auto drafted out of my checking account. If I switch to paypal bill pay, am I reading it right that I have to go in each month to set up the payment? Or is there a way to make it auto pay?

Thanks!

Seeing all the talk about paypal bill pay - I checked and my electric company is on there. Right now it's auto drafted out of my checking account. If I switch to paypal bill pay, am I reading it right that I have to go in each month to set up the payment? Or is there a way to make it auto pay?

Thanks!

There's no way to autopay that I know of. I guess you could set up a bunch of future payments, one for each month.

I think it's been mentioned, but don't forget to unlink every other payment method (including bank account) except the one you want to use.

Wanted to say thanks again. I just completed the 3k spend for a bonus 3k (offer added to my card on 8/4 so I had until 11/4). I hit the 3k yesterday purchasing eyeglasses and Amex sent me a confirmation email last night and the 3k bonus pts were in my account today (which was nice since I thought I was still short around $200). I think 1/2 to 2/3rd of that spend went to both my retention offer I got in June and this offer.

Speaking of Amex, I have an offer on my card for 10% back for paying wireless service. I have Verizon and get the discount for the ACH to my checking account, but I know people here use other cards for warranty and leave a balance for the autopay. When I tried to do this online just now it specifically said I'd lose the discount for this month if I continued. Is there a correct way to do this?
@becauseimnew posted this link

https://www.verizon.com/digital/nsa/nos/ui/payment/otp/login#/

She said she is able to use her $10 Biz Plat credits by making partial payments through this link, and still gets her discount by leaving a small balance for the ACH debit. I’m assuming if it triggers the Biz Plat. credit it should trigger your Amex offer as well. I saved it so I can try it later this month.

So, all the BoA discussion I stirred up, you are all saying I should NOT open a bank account there for the bonus, and the ability to cash out my points LOL?
I'll be the oddball who hasn't had any issues with BoA, but I'll preface that by saying my cards from BoA are from 2021 or earlier. If you have $100K (3 mo avg) in assets you can park at Merrill Lynch, you qualify for their Platinum Honors tier and get a 75% boost over the regular cc rewards. At that tier, with the BoA Premium Rewards card you could get 2.625% cash back on all spending, and 3.5% back on travel & dining. It currently has a $600 SUB for $4K MSR, and $95 AF and a yearly $100 airline incidental credit. Based on recent comments here, I think this would be an option only if you have a nearby BoA branch where you could go in person if you needed to. This is a card I opened in order to have the easiest and most cash back from normal spending for a non-churner. That said, since I'm routinely opening new cards, I rarely ever use it.

Going the Ink Cash route and getting no-fee prepaids at office supply stores will get you 5% cash back at a minimum. I do find the bookkeeping portion of this annoying, but I will still do it depending on what my goals are at the time.
Despite the fact that a few years ago I had to file a complaint for a BoA biz bank bonus they didn't want to honor, I still bank with them because of their rewards system. Their bank accounts (fees, interest, etc) are seriously lacking IMO, but I get good value from Platinum Honors with my CCs. I'd recommend screenshots of the bank offer and documenting everything with dates. That helped me get my bank bonus issue resolved.

Well, add me to the Chase Ink 15,000 bonus group. Emailed yesterday, got the match today. This was for a 6/8 approval that the spend was met before 7/8! I sometimes feel a bit guilty taking all this cash from Chase, but I get over it.

Actually when I look at his account it says -15,000 available points? The SM clearly says they were added, but also says he will see the adjustment on his next statement close.
Add me too!! Thanks to everyone who posted their success and the tips as to how to word the request. Y'all gave me the boost to SM yesterday. Today the points are in my account!! Gotta love Chase!

Does anyone know if Brightline counts towards the CSR $300 travel credit? Or if it codes as travel with CapOne VentureX for points redemptions?

That is pretty much what we did. I'm just looking to get at least a third card to maximize rewards.
Start with Chase if you like their partners. We gave up chasing airline miles years ago and go for Chase and Amex points now. It's so much better since we can use them on most airlines and most hotel chains depending on where we want to go next. The flexibility is key here. You received some good advice in a previous post about some good Chase cards - that's where I would start if I was looking to switch my spend.

@becauseimnew posted this link

https://www.verizon.com/digital/nsa/nos/ui/payment/otp/login#/

She said she is able to use her $10 Biz Plat credits by making partial payments through this link, and still gets her discount by leaving a small balance for the ACH debit. I’m assuming if it triggers the Biz Plat. credit it should trigger your Amex offer as well. I saved it so I can try it later this month.
Did trigger the Amex offer, charged $30 to our Plats and $155 to DH’s Hilton with the 10% offer and received all the credits. Left $4 to charge to our bank account

thank you for the recommendation to look at cruies compete for our upcoming river cruise! $400 off on cabin, $300 obc, travel ins (with med evac and pre-existing) plus the amex platinum 300 obc and spa $100. neve would have known about either!

now to think about flights. Oct 2024 to paris from EWR so I have time. I have about 500k UR, 140K cap one points, 150k MR. I am fine with economy or economy plus unless great deal! suggestions who to book, transfer to? flying blue AF does non stop from EWR as does United. can also go from PHL on AA where we have about 200k miles. UA is almost gone in miles.

will be closing cap one end of this year. I have a CSP which I can upgrade to CSR if necessary. balance of cruise has to go on amex plat.

@*WDW*Groupie* Those GoPro photos are amazing! I think $50 is pretty good for that rental. I too am concerned about traveling all that way and not feeling active enough. But I want to give it a try at least once.

Um, you're gonna have them move you, right? That's way too hot to sleep for my comfort. They should return your welcome amenities while they are at it.. that seems really off brand for the RC. But how thoughtful was that chalk art?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter