• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Thank you all for the info on using Visa GC's at Costco... that would not have occurred to me so between that and my Amazon purchases (way tooooo much in Amazon purchases!!) I am sure I would not have any trouble getting them easily used up. I will make an effort to get to Staples tomorrow!

Does anyone have the BCE? It has 3% online purchases, does that include utilities paid online?
I have the BCE but I don't use it for online purchases. It says 3% on retail purchases. I assumed that meant online shopping. It would depend on how it codes. Maybe try a partial payment as a test?

Thank you all for the info on using Visa GC's at Costco... that would not have occurred to me so between that and my Amazon purchases (way tooooo much in Amazon purchases!!) I am sure I would not have any trouble getting them easily used up. I will make an effort to get to Staples tomorrow!

You can also just buy the Amazon gc at staples to get the extra points if that's part of the idea. There's no benefit to buying the visa to use directly on Amazon. Use the visa to buy amazon at the grocery store for fuel points is an option too.

I have the BCE but I don't use it for online purchases. It says 3% on retail purchases. I assumed that meant online shopping. It would depend on how it codes. Maybe try a partial payment as a test?
It does say online retail purchases but I was just hoping. Lol

Okay got my letter from Barclay and it says I had the Jet Blue Biz card which I haven't had. But I was only given a PO Box to contact them about it.

I've never had the card before. Does anyone know the recon line number?

Has anyone gotten an AmEx retention offer lately? I'm coming up on the 2 year anniversary of my Platinum card. I got a retention offer just over a year ago. Is it too early to ask for an offer for this year? I do not plan to keep the card unless they make a really good offer! I do plan to use the airline and Saks credit before canceling though.

Does anyone have the BCE? It has 3% online purchases, does that include utilities paid online?
I have it, have never tried using it for online utilities but just looked at the T&Cs.
To earn additional rewards on online retail purchases, the purchase must be made on a website or a digital application (an app) from a U.S. retail merchant that sells physical goods or merchandise directly to consumers. To identify eligible online retail purchases, we rely on information provided to us by the merchant. The following are not considered retail purchases: purchases made at restaurants, supermarkets, gasoline stations, or automotive dealers, as well as purchases of travel, entertainment, or other services.
I don't think it's going to work.

In my "waiting" period to reapply for my SW Business Visa.

Recommendations for a fill in that will not effect my "Chase" status?
Amex business cards, or any other business cards from other banks.
Has anyone gotten an AmEx retention offer lately? I'm coming up on the 2 year anniversary of my Platinum card. I got a retention offer just over a year ago. Is it too early to ask for an offer for this year? I do not plan to keep the card unless they make a really good offer! I do plan to use the airline and Saks credit before canceling though.
If your anniversary is in the next few months I would contact them via chat.

Made progress on my Spring break trip today. It took the sting out of DD heading back to Atlanta. I booked a Home2Suites near Savannah for one night on my way down (driving with the dogs). The Hiltons were all about $300/night--not sure why. I used 30k points and will pay $75 for the dogs. Got dd two one-way SW tickets for $104 each. Used my Biz Platinum so $200 of that should be reimbursed. Then I convinced ds to fly JetBlue nonstop from Richmond to Fort Lauderdale. That was my best non-stop option. I paid extra to get him an aisle seat up front. Had to fly him in on Palm Sunday instead of the day prior because of ticket prices. I did buy a refundable fare just in case. And put that on my CSR. Could have used URs, but I was worried about how seat selection would work and I'm not messing with getting him the "wrong seat." Now his dad gets to take him to the airport for a 6:45 AM flight. I'd say I feel bad about that, but I really don't!

What offer did you get the first time? any good?

Does anyone mind telling me how you like to use your Visa GCs (when you buy them fee free at Staples, for example)?

I have never received one as a gift or used one so I am not sure what to use them for. Could they be used on Amazon, for example? I do buy a lot of things on Amazon, so I suppose that could come in handy.
Girl scout cookies!!! I had a bunch of VGC during cookie sales last year because we were working hard to hit spend on two cards.

My girls were selling cookies, they'd end up with a ton of cash, and then I'd go do an order in their portal where I charged the VGC for the amount they had sold in cash. I deposited the cash in my personal account, troop got the funds via credit card, and I want to say I burned a solid grand of cards that way.

Our local grocery store auto drains balances, so that's my where I'd go to finish cards if needed.

I just got 45k for $4k. Not sure if it's a really good offer but I like having the Plat card so I took it.

Girl scout cookies!!! I had a bunch of VGC during cookie sales last year because we were working hard to hit spend on two cards.

My girls were selling cookies, they'd end up with a ton of cash, and then I'd go do an order in their portal where I charged the VGC for the amount they had sold in cash. I deposited the cash in my personal account, troop got the funds via credit card, and I want to say I burned a solid grand of cards that way.
Wow, I wish there was a way to do this for our cookie sales! Are you the troop's treasurer? I'm not aware of a portal to pay. Our cookie mom only takes the cash.

I got a mailer for the Chase biz checking bonus. Can you get one of those with a “business”?
I got an email and my wife got a mailer. I’m going to try in a month or so but someone else here told me that in their experience it can be hard to open a Chase business account online and it may have to be done in a branch. If I can’t do it online I'm not going to bother with it. I was able to open two AMEX business checking accounts so fingers crossed it also happens with Chase.

I've got about $1000 in FSA funds that weren't used in 2022. I've got until 3/15 to use them, any off odd or not often thought of uses for them? I can do some contacts and new glasses but am open to other options as well.

I got 45k for $4,000 a few weeks ago.I passed because I only find myself using the airline and hotel credits to use the credits. It wouldn’t be my preferred flight or hotel if I didn’t have to use the credit. Of course, now I’m thinking I should have just kept it.🙄 I just really didn’t want to pay the almost $700 af. But I do miss my streaming and Walmart+ credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter