• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Not sure why but I had an issue trying to pay my q4 estimated taxes with my new CIC on both pay1040 and payusatax. I ended up having to use ACI payments. I did use pay1040 for a second tax payment using my Amex BBP.
I had issues also, using both a visa gift card and a Chase biz card. Ended up using ACI for both payments and it worked without any problem!

I spent a lot of time today booking some travel arrangements and working on credit card stuff. I upgraded my CSP to a CSR because I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cancel my Amex Plat. in very early March.

Today I booked our Airbnb in Mallorca for Spring Break using the CSR after I upgraded. That wipes out the $300 travel credit right away. Anyone been to Mallorca? It will be DH and I with two 18 year old girls (DD and friend) and three 21 year old guys (DS and friends). I still need to book our 3 nights in Florence and final night in Rome. I'm trying to wait to see where DS's apartment will be in Florence so that we can book in the same part of town. He should fine out in the next week or two. I also need to book tickets from Palma to Florence but might wait on those until DH's $300 Cap One credit resets.

I booked a week in Hawaii with DD for late July before she leaves for college. 4 nights on the Big Island at our timeshare there and 4 nights using DVC at Aulani. Booked those flights on SW points and will use the companion pass for DD.

I also booked a couple nights at Vero Beach and a couple at the Riviera resort, hoping we can do the DVC moonlight magic event in July.

I am working on using up the airline credit for this year on my Platinum before I cancel. I bought a $69 ticket on SW to hop islands, hoping that will trigger the credit.

I can’t pull it up. Just seeing $200 for a checking account from the “link to offer” on DOC did I miss the boat?
I can still pull it up. Probably need to try another browser or incognito.
I did one of these offers on 11/6 and got my $10 credit on 12/16, so about a month and a half for me

I just got one on one of DH's accounts that I'll probably go ahead and do

I will say, I'm thinking about going paperless on my accounts anyway. We now have so many it's almost embarassing having so many credit card bills delivered to our mailbox lol!
I've started doing it on new cards that I know I'll get routine statements. Old cards and new cards that are future sock-drawer residents, I'll leave on paper. Gives me some options for incentives!
Not sure why but I had an issue trying to pay my q4 estimated taxes with my new CIC on both pay1040 and payusatax. I ended up having to use ACI payments. I did use pay1040 for a second tax payment using my Amex BBP.
I've seen mention about problems with certain cards for a few weeks now. In the DD today someone suggested PayPal worked.

Just got an amex offer in the mail. 150k for business platinum ($15k spend in 3 months), 30k to open online business checking, and 20k for opening both. That's 200k. I'm just not sure if I can meet $15k spend right now (maybe later in the year) and I have a "business" with no EIN. But so tempting!
DH got one of those, too. The older offers came in a small envelope. This one came in a large folder. Guess Amex wants people to pay attention. ;)

DH got one of those, too. The older offers came in a small envelope. This one came in a large folder. Guess Amex wants people to pay attention. ;)
I received 2 of them and DH received 1, we both have Biz Plats and Business checking. Seems like they need to check who's eligible.

So will you do it? I might be able to stretch to $10k on organic spend, but the extra $5 will have to be manufactured.

Dumb question but do Disney restaurants code as dining for AMEX? Any difference between resort restaurants, park restaurants and Disney Springs restaurants? DH has 10x on dining on his AMEX Plat, but I don’t want to forego paying with Disney GCs if it’s going to code weirdly.

So will you do it? I might be able to stretch to $10k on organic spend, but the extra $5 will have to be manufactured.
That's the plan as far as applying for the card - the MSR is ok since we owe taxes this year. We don't do bank bonuses, though, and since it's really a "biz" I doubt we will do this one (although it's very, very, very tempting).

Dumb question but do Disney restaurants code as dining for AMEX? Any difference between resort restaurants, park restaurants and Disney Springs restaurants? DH has 10x on dining on his AMEX Plat, but I don’t want to forego paying with Disney GCs if it’s going to code weirdly.
Hopefully someone has use Amex and can help…but all Disney restaurants have coded as dining on my Chase Sapphire Reserve

Coded as dining for me in November.

I hope this is the right thread to ask this question. I have a travel credit card that gets 2 pts per travel (hotel) and 3 pts for dining. Anyone know if the restaurants in Universal Studio is categorized as “dining” for credit card charging? I ask because I can also put the charges on my hotel incidental and that would be 2x pts (I think). Thanks!

I hope this is the right thread to ask this question. I have a travel credit card that gets 2 pts per travel (hotel) and 3 pts for dining. Anyone know if the restaurants in Universal Studio is categorized as “dining” for credit card charging? I ask because I can also put the charges on my hotel incidental and that would be 2x pts (I think). Thanks!

It's difficult to say since you didn't actually say what card you have. Different companies could have different results.

On my Chase Sapphire Reserve they were all dining, even stopping into Finnegan's to grab a Guinness at the bar before the parade. Also see 3 Broomsticks and Hogshead bar counted as dining, and Confisco's. Agree with Judique that your card provider could be different. I see the Dunkin at my airport and Ghiradellis at DS both came up as groceries.

On my Chase Sapphire Reserve they were all dining, even stopping into Finnegan's to grab a Guinness at the bar before the parade. Also see 3 Broomsticks and Hogshead bar counted as dining, and Confisco's. Agree with Judique that your card provider could be different. I see the Dunkin at my airport and Ghiradellis at DS both came up as groceries.
Thanks! I have the Sapphire also, that answers my question.

The Disney Wish decided to skip Nassau yesterday and it looks like we might be missing CoCo Cay today since it is so windy (and cold) but a beautiful sunrise.View attachment 731995View attachment 731995View attachment 731995View attachment 731996View attachment 731997View attachment 731998View attachment 732001View attachment 732002

Too bad about the weather - I wouldn't be too upset missing Nassau but missing Coco Cay would be a big miss - though I guess if the weather isn't good then maybe not so much.

Are you enjoying the ship? We are contemplating trying her for our first Disney Cruise - would be adults only - we are seasoned cruisers, just never with Disney. Would welcome your thoughts on suitability for a couples long weekend trip on the Wish.

I think I may have figured a way to hit a $15k spend for amex. Has anyone done the bank account for a "business"? Any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter