• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Random question- my 1:45 pm flight home from Panamá (to MCO via MIA) is 30 min to 1 hr delayed. They’re asking for volunteers in the app. $300-675 (I would pick $675) for a 4pm flight. Would get me home about 2 hours later than scheduled (I had a stupid long layover in MIA) At what point do we think they might raise the offer? Should I wait a bit before picking? I won’t be broken hearted if I lose out but if I take it I’d like to get the most possible.

You probably have this sorted already. But wondering if it's possible to speak with an agent? You'll want to request that your compensation be the same as the final volunteer's. Also, you are entitled to cash if you request it, rather than a voucher, but you'll need to specify this up front.

Oh, and would LOVE LOVE a trip report please or to hear more about your trip.

Has anyone here ever used Capital One points to “erase” the cost of renting DVC points through David’s or similar agency? My fiancé and I have a lot of leftover points from honeymoon hacking, and would love to be able to erase our hotel cost if those agencies code as travel!
lol what is honeymoon hacking?

For those of you with a P3, it is difficult to transfer points between accounts? My 21DD lives at home and I was thinking of using her to generate points (I would make the spend). She has a (low paying) job and excellent credit.
As long as all 3 are in the same household, it is super easy. The person who has the points just calls Chase and gives them the credit card number of the other person. The only reason I know this is because my Dad recently did this for me (it turned out that we weren't supposed to do it because we aren't in the same household - but Chase had told us we could).
I hate my new card indecision. I'm not sure why I'm dragging my feet on applying for the Delta Biz Plat. It's on my list of cards to get. The offer is decent. Who knows when I'm going to use the miles or need the "free" bags though. I was thinking about the Inks I have. I have 1 CIU, 1 CIP (which was a CIP to CIC to CIP again) and 2 CICs. I know you can have multiple Inks. Just wondering if I close my CIU and apply again at some point (and if I'm denied I can turn the CIP into it, so I still have the 1.5x UR card). Those in the multiple Ink game, how are you juggling them all? I guess right now I wouldn't do an Ink so it doesn't matter. Though it could be the next card I try after Delta.
I have the same anxiety every time I have to decide on a new card. I am currently debating on a Delta, Ink, or waiting until next month to go after my SW CP. Leaning toward going for a Delta biz and then going for CP.

How was the weather/temps? I am also booked for the Tabacon/Andaz combo, but worry it will be so hot that we wouldn't enjoy the hot springs.

Would love a TR if you have time. Especially interested in any excursions/tours, etc.

Weather up in the Arenal area was high 70's/low 80's during the day dropping to high 60's/low 70's after sunset. We found it to be perfect for the hot springs, which are more 'warm' springs. We had one afternoon/evening where it rained constantly (we just spent more time in the hot springs), but most of the rest of the time it was partly cloudy. Perfect conditions for doing the tours.

Down at Papagayo - we had upper 80's day/ low-mid70s evenings. It was windy on a couple days, with gusts being strong enough to whip sand into your face on the beach, but that happened infrequently.

Not into detailed trip reports, but sometime in the next week, I will endeavor to post some additional thoughts over on the Costa Rica section of Dischurners reddit.

Last edited:

Finished up my CIC MSR at Staples. Converted $1000 to MOs. Deposited those with Capital One. Hoping for at least three more trips this week.
I'm so late to this party! Where do you buy the MOs? Do you deposit them online with Cap One? I'm working on a CIC MSR right now too!

I'm so late to this party! Where do you buy the MOs? Do you deposit them online with Cap One? I'm working on a CIC MSR right now too!
Food Lion (Virginia) and you have to use an ATM unfortunately. I either deposit them with C1 or Wells Fargo. I was using B of A too, but they deposited then rejected two which was a huge pain so I'm steering clear of them.

You probably have this sorted already. But wondering if it's possible to speak with an agent? You'll want to request that your compensation be the same as the final volunteer's. Also, you are entitled to cash if you request it, rather than a voucher, but you'll need to specify this up front.

Oh, and would LOVE LOVE a trip report please or to hear more about your trip.
The agents stayed cleverly hidden until it was too late. Long story but the flights are all a delayed mess and I’m still not 100% that I’ll make it to Orlando tonight.

We did
1 night Panamá City
3 nights in an overwater bungalow in San Blas (Airbnb)
1 night in Panamá City
3 nights sailing in a 48’ Catamaran in the San Blas islands

Hit post too soon. Shamefully we barely spend time in PC and didn’t even go see the locks. Our PC time was mostly transferring from one place to the other.

Bocas is ok. Very backpacker and our bungalow was too far from the main island with only water taxi access. We had to bring in our own food and water and it was a bit challenging but we just chilled and ate a lot of pb&j and local beer.

San Blas is stunning and sailing is the only way to access the very small islands. The locals are super friendly and our rented catamaran was crewed and provisioned.

I’m a photographer by profession so I’ll post some photos and some more detail once I’m back home and settled.

Need to put down a deposit on a Disney cruise. I have a Costco Visa (3x travel, but it seems like it doesn't offer much in protections), Southwest (2x I think?) and a CSP (also 2x I think). Recommendations on which one I should use?

Need to put down a deposit on a Disney cruise. I have a Costco Visa (3x travel, but it seems like it doesn't offer much in protections), Southwest (2x I think?) and a CSP (also 2x I think). Recommendations on which one I should use?
If you use the CSP, you will have some insurance. I'd probably recommend buying insurance separately but CSP insurance may be sufficient for you. I always worry about medical evacuation on a cruise because it is $$$$$. I think the CSP covers $100k for evacuation but I would double check that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter