I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I was signed up for the Hyatt stay 3 nights get a certificate for category 1-4 hotel. We stayed at the Hyatt Place in Boca Raton for 3 nights using DH's free night from having the Hyatt card and 15,000 points per night for the other two nights and earned the free night certificate.

Hotels were crazy high while we were there - if we would have paid for our room for those 3 nights it would have been over $1600, so I was happy getting them for our certificate/points combo plus now we have another free night certificate.

Anyway, just wanted to report that staying on free nights qualifies for that promotion too if anyone was on the fence about booking something.
I'm curious about that Hyatt deal.... How do I find deals for Hyatt,would it be on account page? Any good reads on how to use/combine Hyatt deals? thanks

Personally I would go with more agnostic points, either deeper into UR, MR or Cap1 points. Personally I use my Gold card most of the time, and then transfer those MR to Delta for rewards flights. I very rarely pay actual money for flights, I either travel on OPM or on points. I collect points in both UR and MR. UR is SWA and Hyatt, MR is Delta and occasionally a top up with Hilton.
OPM?

Been behind on the thread, trying to catch up. Does loading Serve at FD still work? I’d do single $200 loads using vgc from staples. Any luck at Walmart for anyone? Had been using those vgc for tuition but not doing that anymore at least until fall.

Thank you! Income is definitely >70k, but CC limits are currently at 70k, which I’m pretty sure is too high? Like I said, I initially had one approved for 25k, and I definitely don’t need any to be that high. Is there any danger in reducing the CC limits of individual cards? DH has CL of $28,500, which seems more reasonable. I have a very old Capital One that has a $4,000 CL. I seldom use it. I only use it periodically because it’s my oldest card. Will reducing that, which is my oldest CC, to say $1,000 affect my credit score?
If your $70k limits are less than 1/2 your income, your ok with Chase but barely as the recommended max is 1/2 income OR $75k so you're bumping up against the $75k meaning your next app may be more difficult. So go ahead and lower your limits, you can SM to do it. Just make sure to leave a bit of room. Some cards need a min $5k or $10k (CSR I believe) Personally I have one high limit card for emergencies, the rest are much lower.
TBF, I don't pay attention much to our credit scores as they are over 800 and 805 vs 820 or whatever is of little concern to me. So yes your credit score may take a little hit from lowering limits but it will go up again after a month or 2.

Thank you! Income is definitely >70k, but CC limits are currently at 70k, which I’m pretty sure is too high? Like I said, I initially had one approved for 25k, and I definitely don’t need any to be that high. Is there any danger in reducing the CC limits of individual cards? DH has CL of $28,500, which seems more reasonable. I have a very old Capital One that has a $4,000 CL. I seldom use it. I only use it periodically because it’s my oldest card. Will reducing that, which is my oldest CC, to say $1,000 affect my credit score?

You wouldn't need to lower your Capital One CL since Chase only cares about the CL you have with them.

I'm curious about that Hyatt deal.... How do I find deals for Hyatt,would it be on account page? Any good reads on how to use/combine Hyatt deals? thanks

That promo was confusing because there were so many different versions that people were targeted for. Registration ended 2/28, so it's a bit of a moot point, but if you want to see them all, here's the DoC link. Link

Here's the current promo that you can still register for. Link Note that the extra points only start on the second stay within the promo period.

Been behind on the thread, trying to catch up. Does loading Serve at FD still work? I’d do single $200 loads using vgc from staples. Any luck at Walmart for anyone? Had been using those vgc for tuition but not doing that anymore at least until fall.
If you’re using Staples VGC Serve at FD is still working, however, it is YMMV as some FD stores have gone to cash only. So best bet is to give it a try and see what happens at your local store. WM only works for $99 loads or less at WMMC/Customer Service. Full $200 can load at regular cash register, just challenging to find a cashier who knows how, or is willing to load. If customer service is busy I sometimes ask the person running self checkout if they can help me. Very hit or miss. I don’t even bother with Staples anymore for anything other than organic spend. They’ve become way too tedious to liquidate.

I can't believe I'm 5 days from Ireland. I feel soooo unready, LOL. This weekend's goal is packing. I'm really hoping for a snow day here tomorrow so I can try and do some packing and getting ready at home. This dang teaching thing is cramping my style most days right now, LOL. I have all the main components, airfare, rental car (I hope) and hotels. I'm debating what to do for my phone (rent the wifi candy so we all have service vs just me). Outside of that, I think I need to chill and not worry. The trip will be fine and she'll have fun either way. I need to stop stressing and stop worrying about everything (not easy w/ anxiety and ADHD). I know this likely won't be our only trip. So I don't need to have the grand 3 week itineraries like everyone in the dang Ireland Travel FB group, LOL.

Is anyone here familiar with Vegas?
U2 is supposed to be playing at the new MSG sphere this fall. I have been a massive U2 fan since I was 13. I missed the last few tours since I was either pregnant or had a new baby each time. I swore last time I missed it nothing would stop me from seeing them next time they played.

Now, reality is setting in. I’m from CT. I need to get flights. Hotel. It looks like the Sphere is near the Venetian. Is there anywhere else to look for lodging around there that we will be able to walk to the concert? Does Vegas have any childcare options? We are going to Mohegan Sun in CT and they have a kids club for the kids. Not sure otherwise what to do with the kids.

As much as I love Bono and want to go, Im thinking a quick weekend is going to cost me like $3000. Not sure that’s going to be worth it. I saw them in 2000 and 2004 so it’s not like I’ve never seen them….
Former Las Vegan. LOL. I prefer the Palazzo to the Venetian. The Wynn is also right there. You could possibly look at resort worlds too. All that said, I've walked from the Westin to Mandalay Bay when my 17yo did BTS. Walking and Vegas is something I just am used too, LOL. I think that venue will be close to a monorail stop too. Childcare....you'd have to hire someone as there aren't "kids clubs" on the strip. The off strip hotels have that at some of them, but they are meant for a few hours of usage. Depending on the dates, fall is $$$$$$$$ in Vegas now w/ football and hockey teams. I swear it's like $500+ every night! So good luck!

Which Sapphire Card, there are three. I have the Preferred and generally use my points for either SW plane tickets or Hyatt hotel rooms on my business trips for my side hustle. Just this morning I booked my flights to MCO in October on points. I usually get 1.6 cents per point on SW redemption and 2.8 cents per point for Hyatt redemptions.
Yes, i believe it is preferred. Sounds like the Hyatt House at Disneyland could work.
Thanks.!!

I needed to buy Amazon gift cards. I stopped by AAA because I am a member and their newsletter always says they have discounted gift cards. I bought three $25 gift cards. It cost me $72.75. I saved a whopping $2.25. I thought the savings would be bigger. On the other hand, I was driving past there anyway, and there was no line. Saving something is better than paying full price since I didn't go out of my way to do it.

DP for everyone on Chase increasing the bonus for support on Ink cards. DW had the new 40k support offer which gave me the 75k offer for the same $6k spend. Once I saw the new card in my account I sent an SM to Chase and they replied telling me they would give me the additional 15k and to message them back once I met the MSR. So this will be a 130k bonus for us.

DP for everyone on Chase increasing the bonus for support on Ink cards. DW had the new 40k support offer which gave me the 75k offer for the same $6k spend. Once I saw the new card in my account I sent an SM to Chase and they replied telling me they would give me the additional 15k and to message them back once I met the MSR. So this will be a 130k bonus for us.
This is amazing! So jealous 😆

DOC is reporting increased support offers on some Amex cards giving an additional 5x on groceries up to $25k

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amer...new-member-platinum-gold-blue-cash-preferred/

DH has this on his Gold card which would be 9x on groceries for 3 months. Thinking I might stack it with an AU bonus as well since that spend will also get 9x groceries. Just need to figure out which card I need 😉

Just came to post the same! Looks like there are some offers for Gold 90k+$200 statement credit and Personal Plat for 150k+$200 statement credit, which might be the unicorn and her crown! For those in the market, check on over at r/Dischurners and see what pulls up in different incognito modes and browsers.

Note, the supporter gets the additional 5x on groceries, but the new cardmember does not. FYI, I had a bit of a glitch with one of these offers where Amex credited awarded a different card the 5x than the card I used to generate a support link. I even had screenshots, but they didn't review in my favor. You win some, you lose some.

TIP: If you like to use snipping tool for windows, it has a screen recording tool. I've seen people recommend using a screen recording tool when applying for bonuses, whether credit cards or bank accounts. Seems like it makes sense.

I've racked up a few referrals on Ink cards, and I'm trying to keep everything straight. A few questions . . .

The referral bonuses are reflected in "other bonus and reward activity," correct?

I don't see those points anywhere in my Recent Activity. Is there any way to see those points itemized, so that I can see the dates and amounts of points (especially now that the referral bonus has changed to 40k)?

For the 200k (formerly 100k) max on referral bonuses, is that per account or per card? Meaning, if I have 3 Ink cards, can I get 200k worth of referrals on each card, or 200k shared across all cards?

Thanks!

TIP: If you like to use snipping tool for windows, it has a screen recording tool. I've seen people recommend using a screen recording tool when applying for bonuses, whether credit cards or bank accounts. Seems like it makes sense.
It's interesting you mentioned this because today I had so many issues simply snipping screen shots with the snipping tool so I had to use something else. I'll keep this in mind though as I'm paranoid of not getting bonuses that I apply for.

I've racked up a few referrals on Ink cards, and I'm trying to keep everything straight. A few questions . . .

The referral bonuses are reflected in "other bonus and reward activity," correct?

I don't see those points anywhere in my Recent Activity. Is there any way to see those points itemized, so that I can see the dates and amounts of points (especially now that the referral bonus has changed to 40k)?

For the 200k (formerly 100k) max on referral bonuses, is that per account or per card? Meaning, if I have 3 Ink cards, can I get 200k worth of referrals on each card, or 200k shared across all cards?

Thanks!

Correct, it's under other bonus, but I don't see it itemized either. You can see it on your statements.

The limit is per card. Some uncertainty was discussed on r/churning whether the limit is 200k or 5 supports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter