• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Can you show me how to find that? I am on the AA site just looking at their "miles" requirements and not seeing anything close to that.

Am I supposed to be searching elsewhere? These are the things I can never remember.
Search for the flights on AA app or website. You’re looking for flights that are 22.5k miles non-stop. And it can’t be a “web special” which it will say when you click on the fare. If you find a fare that is 22.5k (not web special) you should be able to see it on Avios. If you’re flexible with dates you should be able to find something. I found quite a bit of availability about 4 months in advance.

Last edited:
I know that I'm late to the TS concert table, but dd has told me that "she'd sell her left kidney" to see a TS concert this summer. I tried to get on a pre-sale list (LOL) and tried to access TM on the day of ticket sales (bigger LOL). Sooo, my questions is this: is there any way to get TS tickets to a weekend concert this summer without selling an internal organ? I looked on StubHub and the cheapest pair of tickets were $700 and change each (in the nosebleed section), then I'd have to pay for hotel (airfare should be possible with points depending on city). We are fairly flexible with cities, would just need to be a weekend since dd will be working M-F. Any advice (I know it's pretty much hopeless at this point, but I'm open to suggestions)?
I don't have a lot of suggestions other than to keep watching your email. So youngest DD, DH and I all tried to be verified fans. Only DD got the presale code and I tried from her account while she was in school. Sat thru the whole TM debacle and thought maybe the resale market will calm down as things get closer. Then a couple of weeks ago, she got an email stating she had been chosen to try for tickets again. You had to select the amount you were willing to pay, there were about 5 ranges, and then they would be assigning tickets from that. I wasn't thrilled with it as it didn't show which sections corresponded to the price ranges but I knew she really wanted to go. I selected the mid-range thinking that we might get mid-range seats. We ended up in the 100 level section with pretty good seats for one of the nights in Atlanta. So keep watching your email, they may do more as the dates get closer. Not sure how these seats suddenly "became" available.

Search for the flights on AA app or website. You’re looking for flights that are 22.5k miles non-stop. And it can’t be a “web special” which it will say when you click on the fare. If you find a fare that is 22.5k (not web special) you should be able to see it on Avios. If you’re flexible with dates you should be able to find something. I found quite a bit of availability about 4 months in advance.
Oh! That's the part I was maybe missing.

Ok so I found this on American for leaving PHX August 6 and returning August 13. Each leg shows 22.5K miles

1679522670182.png
However, the BA site says there is nothing for the return:1679522699130.pngI am clearly still doing something wrong somewhere!

Last edited:

Not sure how these seats suddenly "became" available.

All events will have seats that seems to suddenly become available. So many are held in case of issues, then there's potential sponsorship needs, artists or sports teams needs etc. Once they know the seats aren't needed they get released. Sometimes the venue/team/etc will announce it and sometimes they just release in a trickle as they find out.

Also always good to keep trying on sale dates as tickets will drop out of carts when their time runs out or if cards decline.

I know that I'm late to the TS concert table, but dd has told me that "she'd sell her left kidney" to see a TS concert this summer. I tried to get on a pre-sale list (LOL) and tried to access TM on the day of ticket sales (bigger LOL). Sooo, my questions is this: is there any way to get TS tickets to a weekend concert this summer without selling an internal organ? I looked on StubHub and the cheapest pair of tickets were $700 and change each (in the nosebleed section), then I'd have to pay for hotel (airfare should be possible with points depending on city). We are fairly flexible with cities, would just need to be a weekend since dd will be working M-F. Any advice (I know it's pretty much hopeless at this point, but I'm open to suggestions)?
we just got tickets yesterday, someone we know got an email with a second chance to get tickets, they shared their code with me and I was able to get tickets to the concert in 2 weeks.

Oh! That's the part I was maybe missing.

Ok so I found this on American for leaving PHX August 6 and returning August 13. Each leg shows 22.5K miles

View attachment 748333
However, the BA site says there is nothing for the return:View attachment 748334I am clearly still doing something wrong somewhere!
The key is to find flights that are not “web specials.” I looked at those dates, and yes they are 22.5k, but those are web specials. AA is tricky like that. It’s tedious, but you have to click on all the 22.5k dates find the non-stop and click to see if it’s a web special or main cabin. If it says 22.5k and its main cabin it will be available with Avios. They are tricky to find, and August could be difficult. I found flights around late June and 4th of July when I was searching last month.

Yes and no. You have to go through AC now to get the match via MGM. You do Wyndham to Ceasars, then Ceasars to Hard Rock to Ocean One (I think that is the name) to MGM Gold to Hyatt. I'm okay going that route (we can non-rev to philly), and excited for the free Wynn nights that gets you too!
I've been looking for a path to Wynn - can you talk me through that? My plan is Wyndham - Ceasars; where is Wynn on the path you describe above? thanks!

I got a refund (~$500) on an AMEX card that I don't plan to use in the near future. Is it possible to have AMEX transfer that credit to a card with a balance?

I got a refund (~$500) on an AMEX card that I don't plan to use in the near future. Is it possible to have AMEX transfer that credit to a card with a balance?

You can do it yourself on the website. I can't remember exactly what it's called. But go to the card with the credit. I think there's a link on the payment page maybe. It's weird though and not obvious what it's for. Not home to look, hopefully someone knows.

You can do it yourself on the website. I can't remember exactly what it's called. But go to the card with the credit. I think there's a link on the payment page maybe. It's weird though and not obvious what it's for. Not home to look, hopefully someone knows.

It's under Dispute a Payment. Very nonintuitive!

I’m not sure exactly where to ask this question, but you all are typically the nicest bunch on the boards, so I figured I’d start here 😀

I just went into the chase UR Portal (last night it kept timing out and I got frustrated and called it a night.) The DL tickets I could buy yesterday are not available today.

The only purchasing options say “Disneyland Resort Tickets- residents of New Zealand only.”

Do I reeeeally need to be a New Zealand resident to buy these? Would it work if my American self bought them and linked them to a DL account.

Side note- this is the second time that the UR Portal has done this to me. Last year with a Discovery Cove trip, and I’m just so frustrated.

We’re looking at going to Toronto instead of Seattle now because it’s a lot closer and we have more flight options. Does anyone have any areas they recommend staying in or things to do with a 3 year old? We’re looking at probably going in September after Labor Day hoping it’ll be less busy.

We will most likely do a day trip down to Niagara.

Are you a verified fan? I heard she was releasing some extra tickets to verified fans, no idea if that’s done now tho. Rumor was that everyone who bought merch from her store was able to register early as a verified fan. I did not, but I managed to get tickets during the presale. It was a crazy process. I got what I wanted tho. Bought some Vinyl tho so hope I’m a “verified fan” for the next one lol if you have to go the resale route check Gametime. They have some decent prices and run deals last minute if there are still tickets available.

I’m not sure exactly where to ask this question, but you all are typically the nicest bunch on the boards, so I figured I’d start here 😀

I just went into the chase UR Portal (last night it kept timing out and I got frustrated and called it a night.) The DL tickets I could buy yesterday are not available today.

The only purchasing options say “Disneyland Resort Tickets- residents of New Zealand only.”

Do I reeeeally need to be a New Zealand resident to buy these? Would it work if my American self bought them and linked them to a DL account.

Side note- this is the second time that the UR Portal has done this to me. Last year with a Discovery Cove trip, and I’m just so frustrated.

Interesting find. All things Disney are blocked on the Chase portal. Seems like this one slipped through. It's happened before, such as when Riviera first opened.

It does say this in the terms "Proof of residency will be required to be shown upon scanning of your eTickets.", so seems risky to buy it.

Interesting find. All things Disney are blocked on the Chase portal. Seems like this one slipped through. It's happened before, such as when Riviera first opened.

It does say this in the terms "Proof of residency will be required to be shown upon scanning of your eTickets.", so seems risky to buy it.
DL tickets have actually been showing for a few weeks as an option. It’s actually what prompted me to book my entire DL trip. Now it’s gone, except for this NZ residents thing.

I’m wondering if it’s coming back, or if I need to cancel my hotel, flights, etc. 😔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter