I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Anyone have a recent experience using the Amex biz plat wireless credit for Verizon Wireless? I haven’t had any issues with getting the Amex credit although it’s been taking longer to post. My issue is with Verizon taking away the $10/line checking acct/autopay discount by making the $10 credit card payment. I had been using the link to pay without signing in and it had been working but now when I get to the last payment page a window pops and says I’ll lose my autopay discount. Any way around this? I know a year or so ago some were buying Verizon gift cards with the amex and paying with them and didn’t lose the autopay discount so not sure if that’s still working.

Life has been quite busy with having a senior and determining a college selection. (I think we are down to 2 but waiting to hear from 1.) We are headed on a Greek Isles/Adriatic cruise from Ravenna in June and Alaska cruise from Vancouver in July to celebrate.

Would Welcome any excursion recommendations for Santorini, Athens, Zadar and Kotor for cruise stops and then 3 nights in Bologna before we fly home. And then Sitka, Juneau, Icy Strait Point and Tracy Arm Fjords in Alaska.

Only 44 more lunches to pack. 😭
We did a DCL Greek Isles cruise last summer. I booked private excursions with PK Tours (https://www.pktravelgreece.com/ ) for Athens and Santorini Island Tours ( https://santorini-island-tour.com/ ) on Santorini and both were fantastic. I'd happily book with both of them again if we return. Feel free to PM me for more info if you want it. For Juneau we went with a company called Beyond Alaska that took us kayaking in Lake Mendenhall and then hiking up the glacier. It's a day I won't forget. Sounds like you have some great trips planned!

I also have a Hawaii question. We are spending 2 nts in Waikiki on the way to Japan. We will only be doing Pearl Harbor and maybe Diamond Head (also meeting up with a friend who lives there for dinner). I was there over 20 yrs ago and we rented a car, but that was before the ride share services. Would you rent a car for 2 nts or just use ride share?
Unless you plan on going outside Honolulu, I’d Uber.

Off-the-wall idea (but what we did), was take the bus around Honolulu. We got a bus pass for the week and used that all over Honolulu. Buses were plentiful, and they got us all around Waikiki and Honolulu, including Pearl Harbor and Diamond Head. We did rent a car to get to the North Shore for the day. I think there are two day passes.

I got a balcony 2 queens, I’m hoping they’ll honor it but it’s always a risk with 3rd party booking. I’ve personally not had an issue but Reddit is full of stories of people who had problems.
I had the Chase booking. Family had some other? 3rd party booking. They did honor the platinum for their breakfasts. But, they had a weird balcony with a cement wall (near a roof) and a metal screen on the open part. Connecting rooms, no balcony on one room, and it was supposed to be resort view which it sort of was. Stained room, gloomy. What they were moved to was much better. They spent 3 nights total, first night in the dungeon rooms. They got in very late, and got changed the next morning.

Meanwhile I was chatting to a guy while waiting for my early 6am coffee and he was also complaining about his room. Not sure when their reno will be finished but some rooms seem to really need it.

Breakfast in Garden Grove was pretty good. Dinner at Il Mulino was very good.

I'm concerned that we won't like the ship as much as we like the Disney ships I guess. I've been reading a lot of things online and there are a lot of negative posts out there about them cost-cutting and nickel-and-diming passengers. I booked us on the Apex in Europe. I have a friend who really didn't enjoy her trans-Atlantic on that ship, but I booked a higher category than she did and I hope that makes the difference.

Yeah, if DCL was going to the ports I wanted to go to I would have booked it instead. But we did get a bunch of Amex discounts on this one and I do want to branch out since Disney has such limited itineraries. It's all of the posts saying how it was once great and is going downhill that concern me.
I'm sorry I have not responded sooner, life got in the way last week. I understand where you are coming from. We cruised on Princess last summer for the first time and read a lot of negative posts regarding their cost-cutting and the ship we were sailing on. We sailed on a smaller, older ship but we did not have any issues with the ship or the service. We were used to getting our own fountain sodas on DCL but Princess did not operate that way. We did not like the food on board but since it was our first cruise with Princess we could not compare it to pre-Covid.

As far as Celebrity goes we have not sailed on any of the Edge class ships so I cannot comment on those. I have a TA friend who recommended Celebrity in 2000 as a cruise line that offered a high level of service but charged a reasonable price. We were not disappointed in the food or service we received for both cruises we took with Celebrity. Both times we sailed on older ships but everything was topnotch. When we took our first DCL cruise we compared it to our Celebrity cruises and thought DCL was way overpriced for what we received. My friend still recommends Celebrity for a lot of her clients and thought it would be the best choice for our Greece trip in 2025. I am looking forward to sailing with Celebrity again and seeing if I enjoy them just as much as pre-DCL.
I have two friends who had that infinite veranda, on one the Edge and one on the Apex. They both hated it so much that we made sure to book a real balcony. I think the nickel and diming had to do with swiping a drink card every time they wanted to drink anything (even though they had the beverage package and the drinks were included) and seeing up-charge offerings all over the place. When we booked this cruise it came with the premium beverage package (we aren't drinkers, but we do need to hydrate) and prepaid tips and the better wifi, so I'm not sure I'm going to need to pay for much on the side but I do like how I can just get my own drinks on DCL and nobody is checking my card all the time just because I think it sounds like a hassle.

I appreciate your review and the information you are sharing here. I think part of my concern is that a friend booked the same cruise since it sounded nice to her, and I now I'll feel responsible if they don't like it.
We had a package on our Princess cruise which included drinks, gratuities, and wifi. We only got non-alcoholic beverages and had to have our medalion scanned each time. It was not an issue and did not take too long. Hopefully for you it will be pretty easy to get your beverages. We have only included gratuities so far. I know on our Princess cruise we would have saved money by paying for each drink rather than the package so I am not sure if we will get a package this time or not.

I am the same way if I recommend something to someone and they do not like it. Hopefully you and your friend will have a great trip and wonderful memories.

Do any of you have flat feet or plantar fasciitis? I’m looking for sandals for our Japan trip, preferably closed toe. I’ve always used my Keen sandals but I need more arch support now. I wear Brooks shoes with a high arch support inside.

I’m in California with my daughter and we are hoping to do a one night stay at a Hyatt in San Francisco this coming weekend. Any recommendations for location? It’s been more than 30 years since I last visited. Looking for something close to public transportation to sightsee. I don’t have any status with Hyatt. Just want a safe location. Thanks for any help.

Do any of you have flat feet or plantar fasciitis? I’m looking for sandals for our Japan trip, preferably closed toe. I’ve always used my Keen sandals but I need more arch support now. I wear Brooks shoes with a high arch support inside.
I have PF and while I don't specifically know about closed-toe, I have worn ABEO sandals for years and years. I believe the brand is exclusive to The Walking Company. Unfortunately they are (now) 100% online so there is no way to try on to find one you like.

I have PF and while I don't specifically know about closed-toe, I have worn ABEO sandals for years and years. I believe the brand is exclusive to The Walking Company. Unfortunately they are (now) 100% online so there is no way to try on to find one you like.
I have flat feet so I need something with a really high arch. It doesn’t have to be closed toe but I do like something that wraps around my heel. I found a different pair of keens on Amazon that seem to have a higher arch that I might try. My current ones are the Whisper and they’re pretty flat.

anyone familiar with Miami, we had to pivot on our 40th anniversary trip and book a cruise to the Caribbean, flying in the day before , any hotel recommendations for 1 night
We are staying the Intercontinental Miami. Nice location and walkable to restaurants and shops. We have IHG Points/FN Certificates that we are using, otherwise it can be a bit spendy.

I have flat feet so I need something with a really high arch. It doesn’t have to be closed toe but I do like something that wraps around my heel. I found a different pair of keens on Amazon that seem to have a higher arch that I might try. My current ones are the Whisper and they’re pretty flat.

I use Vionic. I have high arches and I can wear them all day all over. Japan, wdw etc.

My only issue is some of the new straps are velcro, but I have narrow heels and had to have more velcro added because not enough connected otherwise. It didn't cost too much to have done. But I do prefer the ones with buckles, but these looked Ike they had buckles.

Not sure how many options they have that don't have a toe post but I prefer the flip flip style with the ankle strap vs the strap across the top of the foot so I tend to ignore those ones 🙂

I sometimes buy them off their own site, Amazon or QVC though I always have issues with QVC so I don't rec them. DSW sometimes has their flip flops in store and I find the arch similar in those as the strap sandals if you wanted to try them. I live in their flip flops in the summer.

How often do you need to use the dining program to keep points alive?
It depends on the program. Most of the programs the points or miles expire after 1 year of no activity.

I will look at the program and see when they expire and at minium go with 2 months before expiration. Usually points are fast to post but sometimes not so much.

Chase portal :headache::headache::headache: I k ow I have myself to blame for not paying attention- I've never had this happen before- booked a one way car rental- paid some points- didn't realize it also was a "1 way fee" of $110 in addition to the points.... until I picked up car! Argued. So basically paid twice the going rate than if I had just booked on cash:crazy2:

Who told you that you need a high arch?
Trying to force your foot into an unsaturated position might do more harm than good.
I love my Tevas for casual. Tried Chaco’s and the arch was too high. Made my feet feel worse.
Absolutely love my Josef Seibel sandals for something a little nicer. Made my PF go away.

AA victory. Wife and I are planning a trip to WDW for our 15th wedding anniversary this fall. Looked at airfare and found AA for 12k RT from our little airport. Will have to book a room near MCO for one night as the flight lands at midnight and we aren't paying Disney prices for that night. Any recommendations for a cheap hotel near MCO, preferably a Hilton brand?

My wife has PF and after consultation with her podiatrist, she now lives in Spenco sandals from March to November. She's in Brooks during the winter. I also have PF and flat feet, for the very few times I'm in sandals it's usually an OOFOS slide, but usually I'm in a pair of Hokas.

Who told you that you need a high arch?
Trying to force your foot into an unsaturated position might do more harm than good.
I love my Tevas for casual. Tried Chaco’s and the arch was too high. Made my feet feel worse.
Absolutely love my Josef Seibel sandals for something a little nicer. Made my PF go away.
My podiatrist told me to switch to high arches because of my flat feet. I never had issues until we moved to Florida. Walking barefoot on our concrete, tile floors has ruined my feet and dh is the same. I have shoes with very firm soles and also high arches. It has helped tremendously and even helped my back/knee pain get better. Maybe I’ll try Chaco’s for the high arch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter