I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Good morning...

If a person currently had 6 active CIU, and was itching for a new SUB to meet... and is currently 2/24...

Would you recommend going for another CIU (maybe closing out one of the older ones first), or doing the Chase IHG personal for 165K points? I have recently discovered I find value in IHG points because I have traveled to some places I wouldn't normally go and I just get basic rooms at basic hotels.

Good morning...

If a person currently had 6 active CIU, and was itching for a new SUB to meet... and is currently 2/24...

Would you recommend going for another CIU (maybe closing out one of the older ones first), or doing the Chase IHG personal for 165K points? I have recently discovered I find value in IHG points because I have traveled to some places I wouldn't normally go and I just get basic rooms at basic hotels.
On Reddit and here there are reports of Chase not approving another CIC or CIU…even with the recommended 3 month spacing…you could try for another CIU and if not approved then apply for the ING

On Reddit and here there are reports of Chase not approving another CIC or CIU…even with the recommended 3 month spacing…you could try for another CIU and if not approved then apply for the ING
I have had multiple of the same Ink in all 3 brands (Preferred/Cash/Unlimited). That said, one thing that can help @ten6mom if they haven't already done so is to apply for an EIN for a sole proprietorship in their own name. It's treated as a separate "business" by Chase and then you can bounce between using SSN and EIN on applications. All the same 1/30, velocity, total credit limit and other guidelines apply in the aggregate, but if there is an issue with duplicate cards this may solve it.

Wow, there is a lot of info in the first few posts!

I'm not really looking to churn cards (or so I think at the moment) but I'm close to booking 6 flights on Delta to go to Disney World and wondered about the advisability of getting the Delta Gold card. Some facts about me . . . .

I never carry a balance on my credit card.
I only use my credit union credit card and haven't had a new one for a long time. Rewards-1 point per dollar spent, 35,000 points for $500 travel rebate. No clue if that's good or not.
Spend 2-3000 a month I think
I do have a Disney Chase card but haven't used it in years.
If I can't pay credit card online I don't want it.
Travel is picking up at this point in life, Salt Lake City airport is homebase.
Southwest does fly from SLC.
Interested in travel to Europe-primarily England
Don't like American Airlines, bad experiences.

I'm going to be doing airfare, car rental, and park tickets soon so will likely hit any minimum spend amount. Would the Delta card be good? I'd get miles for joining and would let me and my family check luggage if wanted.

I'm not really looking to churn cards (or so I think at the moment) but I'm close to booking 6 flights on Delta to go to Disney World and wondered about the advisability of getting the Delta Gold card. Some facts about me . . . .

I only use my credit union credit card and haven't had a new one for a long time. Rewards-1 point per dollar spent, 35,000 points for $500 travel rebate. No clue if that's good or not.

I'm going to be doing airfare, car rental, and park tickets soon so will likely hit any minimum spend amount. Would the Delta card be good? I'd get miles for joining and would let me and my family check luggage if wanted.
The Delta Gold isn't a bad card to have just for the baggage benefit, I just wouldn't use it for much else. If a fair amount of your spend is on groceries and dining out I'd also recommend looking at the AMEX Gold Card. It's 4x for those categories and you'd also have the flexibility to transfer to British Airways as well as Delta if you'd like to. My recommendation would be to get the Delta Gold, complete the minimum spend and then look at the AMEX Gold for continued use.

We’re looking to do a quick weekend trip to Atlanta to visit the aquarium. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for that area or next to the Atlanta airport?

Sounds like you've already found a place, but I travel to Atlanta for work about once a month, usually just an overnighter and always stay at the airport Hilton. They always accommodate my requests for a high floor, corner room and the bar has very good old fashioneds lol. Priorities!

Welcome! If Southwest is an option and you have domestic travel plans within the next 20ish months, you may want to consider earning the Companion Pass through obtaining 2 SW cards. It allows a guest to fly free with you on every flight during the calendar year you own it and the following year (as long as there is any empty seat on the flight when you book). If you have another person with whom you share finances, each of you can get a CP. Between the CPs and the points you would earn, you would fly all 5 people for free to MCO. There are additional specific details you will need to know if you decide to do this. Let us know, and we will be happy to explain in more detail. Many of us churn the SW Cards so that we almost always have a CP.

I have had multiple of the same Ink in all 3 brands (Preferred/Cash/Unlimited). That said, one thing that can help @ten6mom if they haven't already done so is to apply for an EIN for a sole proprietorship in their own name. It's treated as a separate "business" by Chase and then you can bounce between using SSN and EIN on applications. All the same 1/30, velocity, total credit limit and other guidelines apply in the aggregate, but if there is an issue with duplicate cards this may solve it.
We have multiples as well….From what I've seen/read….it seems to be an issue within the past month or so for some…(HDs recent application included)..after Chase has previously issued multiple Inks…..the reasons were ….recent chase business card…it was 4 months and too many active accounts or too much available credit…well under 50% of income and 4 chase business account …there are other reports of the same….

Last edited:
interesting... I have a "business"... any known difficulties with applying for an EIN under that circumstance? And does that have any sort of tax implication (having an EIN)? My husband is already a bit leery of this whole biz card idea so I want to make sure there are no potential issues... Thank you

The Delta Gold isn't a bad card to have just for the baggage benefit, I just wouldn't use it for much else. If a fair amount of your spend is on groceries and dining out I'd also recommend looking at the AMEX Gold Card. It's 4x for those categories and you'd also have the flexibility to transfer to British Airways as well as Delta if you'd like to. My recommendation would be to get the Delta Gold, complete the minimum spend and then look at the AMEX Gold for continued use.
So would I want to close the Delta Gold after using the benefits?
Welcome! If Southwest is an option and you have domestic travel plans within the next 20ish months, you may want to consider earning the Companion Pass through obtaining 2 SW cards. It allows a guest to fly free with you on every flight during the calendar year you own it and the following year (as long as there is any empty seat on the flight when you book). If you have another person with whom you share finances, each of you can get a CP. Between the CPs and the points you would earn, you would fly all 5 people for free to MCO. There are additional specific details you will need to know if you decide to do this. Let us know, and we will be happy to explain in more detail. Many of us churn the SW Cards so that we almost always have a CP.
I think I would like more details. Not sure if I will use it for this trip but it sounds like something that could be very useful.

Disney World trip coming up this spring break. We are staying at Conrad Orlando for 3 nights, 2 nights on points and one night using FNC. Then moving over to Shades of Green for 3 nights to utilize the Deluxe Evening Extended hours at Epcot and MK.

Need some help with G+ vs $LL
Here is my current plan, based on minimal research.
$612.00Saturday MKSunday HSMonday EpcotTuesday MKWednesday AK
G+$116$116$116$116
$LL$48 (SDMT)$100 (ROTR)EEH MK EEH

I'm really not even sure if it is worth it to buy G+, if I picked the right parks to use G+.
That's a lot of money for fast passes, so I'm trying to figure out what I can cut. I'm estimating $29 for G+
Should I skip G+ on the last day and switch to FoP $LL?

Disney World trip coming up this spring break. We are staying at Conrad Orlando for 3 nights, 2 nights on points and one night using FNC. Then moving over to Shades of Green for 3 nights to utilize the Deluxe Evening Extended hours at Epcot and MK.

Need some help with G+ vs $LL
Here is my current plan, based on minimal research.
$612.00Saturday MKSunday HSMonday EpcotTuesday MKWednesday AK
G+$116$116$116$116
$LL$48 (SDMT)$100 (ROTR)EEHMK EEH

I'm really not even sure if it is worth it to buy G+, if I picked the right parks to use G+.
That's a lot of money for fast passes, so I'm trying to figure out what I can cut. I'm estimating $29 for G+
Should I skip G+ on the last day and switch to FoP $LL?
We will be there Spring Break too, last week of March for us. If you'll only be in 1 park, the Genie + is cheaper in some parks. Today MK is 27, Epcot is 19, HS 24 & AK 17. The multiple parks option for park hoppers is always the same as MK but you may not needing it if not hopping. I'm not sure if it helps or makes it more complicated. Personally we will probably get the multi park every day, but I rarely pay for ILL.

I've been to Atlanta many times and never felt unsafe in the Centennial Park/Downtown area. That said, there's a reason for the increased police presence, so take whatever precautions you feel are warranted. Interestingly, most restaurants and businesses are shut down by 11 pm, even on weekends (perhaps to try and avoid problems that might occur in the wee hours).

My favorite area to stay is around Atlantic Station. It's only about a 10 min drive/Uber to the Aquarium from there and is probably safer than Downtown. Twelve Midtown (Marriott) was my favorite hotel and there's some nice Airbnbs carved out of the upscale Loft Condominiums too. Both options would be more pricey than the ones Downtown, though.
I like that area too (although Haley R is staying in Vinings) but I had a nightmare experience at 12 Midtown. But the location was fabulous because of the restaurants and proximity to GT.

So would I want to close the Delta Gold after using the benefits?
If you fly enough Delta to make that $150 AF worthwhile, i.e. you would check at least 5 bags a year, then keep it open. If you wouldn't, either close or downgrade to the Blue. That's what I do with mine, I opened it as a Gold, downgraded to the Blue, then took an upgrade offer to the Platinum. 95% sure I'll be downgrading again to the Blue once the new AF hits.

Hi, so a quick question... I used to use JetBlue, and so i got a JetBlue Barclays card, but since the Pandemic JetBlue doesn't fly out of my local airport anymore, so i no longer have a reason for that card (i have recently applied for a Chase/Southwest Biz card), but I'm wondering what to do with the JetBlue card, do i cancel it or keep it as a back up, i mean i may use it some day down the road, but is it worth using and even keeping for that long shot?

Hi, so a quick question... I used to use JetBlue, and so i got a JetBlue Barclays card, but since the Pandemic JetBlue doesn't fly out of my local airport anymore, so i no longer have a reason for that card (i have recently applied for a Chase/Southwest Biz card), but I'm wondering what to do with the JetBlue card, do i cancel it or keep it as a back up, i mean i may use it some day down the road, but is it worth using and even keeping for that long shot?
Not familiar with the Jet Blue card, but if it has an annual fee and you aren’t using the card or flying Jet Blue I’d cancel

interesting... I have a "business"... any known difficulties with applying for an EIN under that circumstance? And does that have any sort of tax implication (having an EIN)? My husband is already a bit leery of this whole biz card idea so I want to make sure there are no potential issues... Thank you
I've had an EIN attached to my Sole Prop since 2018 and no issues. It's a "business" and sole proprietorship, so there's no separate income to report that would raise any flags. The only tax issue that may spring up is Chase issuing an unexpected 1099-INT like they did for the 5 Marriott FNC bonus. But, never had Chase issue one for any business bonus in the 5 years I've been doing this.

Would that be different if it has no annual fee?
Yes, if it isn't costing you anything there is no reason for you to go out of your way to close it. You have to decide how much work you want to put into it to keep it open. If you don't use a card for a while, the issuer will close it. It's generally a year but could be more or less. I've had quite a few cards that I just stopped using and let the issuer close whenever they got around to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter