I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I was going to mention this charming B&B/Inn-I stayed here with DD years ago (it was one of Rick Steves' favorites more than a decade ago although I suspect it's gotten a bit more bougie!) and it was a gem then and when I was looking at M&MS was happy to see this is in their portfolio. Sadly we're in London only 2 days this year prior to our Norway cruise and they have a 3 day minimum in August this year (their high season, so understandably) or I'd return. They've redecorated/renovated and I'd love to see what's been done in a decade! It's so convenient to Westminster and Victoria Station and I cannot speak highly enough of it (at least the 2014 version) 2 twins in one room and the other in a room with a garden terrace (at least for our room of 3 twins). A tiny bathroom but that's London, near a Tesco (or Sainsbury?), pizza place, pub (of course) and again, so very walkable to transportation. The next time I'm in London I'm going back-hopefully it won't disappoint!
Thanks. Unfortunately I'm not seeing three beds on their site. Their triple is showing only a queen bed plus a single bed.

Any word on if Chase will be extending PYB for grocery stores on the CSR at 1.25 past 3/31? Trying to decide if I need to go buy some DGC's in the next few days. Also, if it were to end, and I have a grocery purchase prior to 3/31, but it's still pending, is it possible to do PYB after 3/31 or does it all need to be done by then? Thank you!

Any word on if Chase will be extending PYB for grocery stores on the CSR at 1.25 past 3/31? Trying to decide if I need to go buy some DGC's in the next few days. Also, if it were to end, and I have a grocery purchase prior to 3/31, but it's still pending, is it possible to do PYB after 3/31 or does it all need to be done by then? Thank you!

I haven't seen anything about it and feel like they wait closer to the end of the quarter to announce anything.

Unfortunately, Hyatt doesn't extend FNCs. If it wasn't a Chase FNC, sometimes they'll give you 10k points after it expires. Not sure how much being Globalist matters for that.
My recent experience on this is that you may get the 10K points if you have a minimum of 10 nights credit. First year I called they refused me as I had 9 nights and they told me no 10K for 9 nights. Last year I had the 10 nights and got the 10K.

This is about 7 years of having the personal card and prior to 2022 and 2023 I had no problem using the night. 2024 is good to go as it's being used at MCO Hyatt next week. I hated letting it expire in 2022 but I wasn't about to go stay somewhere just to burn the night.

Looking for input on something to add on to our Disneyland/Universal Hollywood trip. It’ll only be our second trip to the west coast. We plan to use our Marriott 5 FNC at the Fairfield Anaheim for the Disneyland portion and then use up our Hilton FNCs for the rest of the trip. For the Anaheim portion we’re planning to get 4 day tickets for DL/DCA and one day we will drive to Newport Beach (chosen for sentimental reasons). So either before or after that we will do two days at Universal. We’re looking for something else to add on, and thought about Knotts- but not sure it’s worth it. It may be years before we’re back to the west coast so would like to do something unique to the area. Also would like to do something besides theme parks. DH not really interested in anything in the San Diego area and we’re not interested in wine country. We were thinking maybe Sequoia NP. I know it’s a drive but DH doesn’t mind driving. Any suggestions for visiting the NP- Indont know much about it yet- or any other ideas of a 1 or 2 day add on? Thanks in advance!
ETA: This will be mid-November if that makes a difference

Looking for input on something to add on to our Disneyland/Universal Hollywood trip. It’ll only be our second trip to the west coast. We plan to use our Marriott 5 FNC at the Fairfield Anaheim for the Disneyland portion and then use up our Hilton FNCs for the rest of the trip. For the Anaheim portion we’re planning to get 4 day tickets for DL/DCA and one day we will drive to Newport Beach (chosen for sentimental reasons). So either before or after that we will do two days at Universal. We’re looking for something else to add on, and thought about Knotts- but not sure it’s worth it. It may be years before we’re back to the west coast so would like to do something unique to the area. Also would like to do something besides theme parks. DH not really interested in anything in the San Diego area and we’re not interested in wine country. We were thinking maybe Sequoia NP. I know it’s a drive but DH doesn’t mind driving. Any suggestions for visiting the NP- Indont know much about it yet- or any other ideas of a 1 or 2 day add on? Thanks in advance!

I am currently planning a vey similar trip and also trying to find some new things to do in the area. I will be watching for replies!

I'm still in Florida--planning on staying at least until Saturday. Not really wanting to leave my mom.

Trying to figure out travel plans--my mom wants to have something for the family in Northern Michigan this summer. I still need to cancel Japan (just not in the mood plus I have my 17-year old dog). I was supposed to be on a Disney Cruise last week--thank God I canceled that. So hoping to take the kids to Europe on DCL next summer. We'll see. DD graduates in December (how?) so I think I'll use my FHR credit at Loews Atlanta. I'm also toying with maybe doing a week in London this summer. My dad loved London (and so do I).

What are these airlines policies regarding cancelling/refunding when booking with POINTS?

JetBlue
United
Delta

This would be booking directly with the airline, not a travel partner like Chase or Amex travel. If I need to cancel do they return the points, like SW does?

Last edited:
What are these airlines policies regarding cancelling/refunding when booking with POINTS?

JetBlue
United
Delta

This would be booking directly with the airline, not a travel partner like Chase or Amex travel. If I need to cancel do they return the points, like SW does?
All 3 refund without a penalty if you cancel prior to the flight.

We did a west coast trip in 2014 - we started in San Francisco and drove down the coast on highway 1. It was a beautiful drive, but would take 2 full days to be able to stop and see the sites on the way up.

While in southern California for Disneyland, we also spent a couple of nights in Santa Monica where we did the Santa Monica Beach as well as the Hollywood sites / Rodeo Drive and the Warner Bros tour.

.... oops sorry my posting is a mess this morning- I got an appt for GE (only 2 hours away lol) please tell me it's worth it to have this? I know I'll use the precheck feature quite a bit, is it worth it for that one international I'm planning?

Last edited:
We were thinking maybe Sequoia NP. I know it’s a drive but DH doesn’t mind driving. Any suggestions for visiting the NP- Indont know much about it yet- or any other ideas of a 1 or 2 day add on? Thanks in advance!
https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/winter_driving.htm

I’m planning a trip to Sequoia this September so no real help yet. I did link the winter driving from the NPS and it is a good possibility of snow in November. Closer to Anaheim is Joshua Tree NP. It is a perfect one -two day park. About the same distance as Sequoia is Death Valley. I liked both Joshua tree and DV, actually liked Death Valley more. I also liked Anza Borrego desert when I was in San Diego.

JetBlue
United
Delta

Delta is confusing. If it's not Basic Economy and travel originates in North America, then there are no cancellation fees. If travel does not originate in North America, then the redeposit fee is $150, but DPs are that it's not collected.

.... oops sorry my posting is a mess this morning- I got an appt for GE (only 2 hours away lol) please tell me it's worth it to have this? I know I'll use the precheck feature quite a bit, is it worth it for that one international I'm planning?
I think it depends on where you're coming back from and how much your time is worth? I've seen reports that it can save up to 4 hours, and reports that it didn't save anything. FWIW, I don't have any international trips planned and will be driving 4+ hours in a couple weeks to do the interview for GE that I applied for in March of 2023. I also now that once I have it, I'll probably keep it as I do plan on going somewhere sometime, and then wouldn't need to do the process again.

Were you conditionally approved already?

For the flights before your international one, do you think you'll save 4 hours? I never seriously looked for appointments because I didn't even want to go to our airport 40 minutes away lol, which is why we did Enrollment on Arrival.

Were you conditionally approved already?

For the flights before your international one, do you think you'll save 4 hours? I never seriously looked for appointments because I didn't even want to go to our airport 40 minutes away lol, which is why we did Enrollment on Arrival.
DS and I were both conditionally approved and plan to go the 2 hours and just get it done.... i'm hoping it'll help on our international trip but I'm assuming it'll be handy to have precheck for all the domestic flights I"ll be doing anyway.... if GE lasts 5 years, does precheck last 5 also? We'll probably make a day of it and sightsee in the city after we do appt so not a total waste of time- frankly I'm surprised they had so many openings in a busy city. Vs the 40 minutes from home that had no availability for months.

DS and I were both conditionally approved and plan to go the 2 hours and just get it done.... i'm hoping it'll help on our international trip but I'm assuming it'll be handy to have precheck for all the domestic flights I"ll be doing anyway.... if GE lasts 5 years, does precheck last 5 also? We'll probably make a day of it and sightsee in the city after we do appt so not a total waste of time- frankly I'm surprised they had so many openings in a busy city. Vs the 40 minutes from home that had no availability for months.
Yes, Precheck and GE last the same amount of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter