I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

To @Duckbug.Ducktales @iujen94 @StephPlum and others who have gotten the Citi Biz AA card recently -

Did your SUB post, and were you able to combine your AA miles easily from the Biz AA account to your personal AA account?
yes, the business miles don't actually post to any account, they are in a pending site, you have to move them to your personal AA account, and I think you can also move them to an "employee" account. I believe the employee needs to be an authorized user.

yes, the business miles don't actually post to any account, they are in a pending site, you have to move them to your personal AA account, and I think you can also move them to an "employee" account. I believe the employee needs to be an authorized user.
Can confirm that the employee does not need to be an authorized user on the card. Just listed on the biz site is enough

I was anticipating 750Euros from Lufthansa a few weeks (they told me 10 business days on March 26th). Called them this morning and the CSR advised me to file a form on the 'feedback' page of their website, which I did. I then went to FT and sent a pm to the Lufthansa lurkers because apparently Lufthansa has a habit of promising compensation but then not paying it out. Hopefully this gives them a nudge.

Still haven't heard from AC re: refunding me points for the downgraded flight (first to biz) in January (it's now been 11 weeks since I filed). Time to follow-up with Customer Relations again.

Okay all these people talking about Citi Biz putting their AA miles in other accounts, when I got the card last July it went right into my AA account. And from the looks, all of mine are. Y'all have me over here in a panic, LOL.

Okay so is the rule I have to wait 30 days to sign up for the IHG Biz again after I cancel it? The AF just posted. I need a spend. I was thinking of doing this one. But I don't have 30 days to wait. I kinda need it ASAP. But I don't want to cancel my current card if I have to wait 30 days (if that makes sense, LOL).

Okay all these people talking about Citi Biz putting their AA miles in other accounts, when I got the card last July it went right into my AA account. And from the looks, all of mine are. Y'all have me over here in a panic, LOL.

Okay so is the rule I have to wait 30 days to sign up for the IHG Biz again after I cancel it? The AF just posted. I need a spend. I was thinking of doing this one. But I don't have 30 days to wait. I kinda need it ASAP. But I don't want to cancel my current card if I have to wait 30 days (if that makes sense, LOL).
Assuming you haven't had the IHG Biz bonus for 24 months, then the 30 days is just a guideline to avoid them trying to reopen the card, rather than give you a new one with the bonus attached. I've read elsewhere that people are successful in getting a new card with a bonus as little as 4 days after closing the prior card.

Yes, I saw that after I asked the question. The charges made with my Magic Band haven't shown up in my account, but I'm hoping that they will come under the 5% discount category.

Meanwhile, we've been using our CC directly for restaurant charges, and they are recorded accurately.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, opinions, and help!!
Sorry to circle back to this - but any update on if the MB charges coded as 5%? We're going in May and i'm not doing my normal stock up of GC at Staples using my CIC since I figured I could just use freedom cards to pay the hotel bills at end of stay. Hoping that's the case!

DH's Citi AA biz that he got late Sept didn't go into a biz account, but mine that I got in Dec did. So I guess the change happened sometime in between.

We’re looking at going to Arizona next March for about a week. We would fly into Phoenix. Is there enough to do in the Phoenix area for a week with a 4 year old? Should we make the drive up to Sedona?

I asked about this last year but we ended up not doing the trip and also decided to make it an entire week instead of just a weekend.
stayed at hilton point at the peak last month for cactus league baseball. FN and points. they had a water park attached to hotel property. no micro in room but had coffee and fridge. breakfast or food credit was used in gift shop which also had starbucks (and microwave available). lots of hiking available in phoenix. rooms were king bed in back room. split bath in middle and small livingroom in front. had small balcony also. free water bottles in room. pool also at hotel which is open more hours than the water park. did a sunset jeep tour and had an amazing sunset. wanted to do botanical gardens but we ran out of time. we were only there for a long weekend. weather was amazing, 70-80 degrees.

To @Duckbug.Ducktales @iujen94 @StephPlum and others who have gotten the Citi Biz AA card recently -

Did your SUB post, and were you able to combine your AA miles easily from the Biz AA account to your personal AA account?
I'm $10 away from meeting MSR so no SUB yet. I have combined my biz miles to my personal miles. pretty easy.
I just did this the other day. Go to your biz AA account. When I log in to AA it has a drop-down personal account/business account. Then click transfer and type your name. Click on that and then # of points to transfer.

I am hoping for an Amex transfer bonus soon to Flying Blue, then I'll get our points lined up to book flights to Paris for DH and I to take my mother. But I have seen the 50K biz class flights RDU-CDG a few times, especially Sundays
Do you have any URs? I just transferred URs to Flying Blue as they have a 25% bonus through end of April. I'm getting ready to book in May. I'll have to take a positioning flight but expecting a 50K biz class from US to FCO through CDG.

Do you have any URs? I just transferred URs to Flying Blue as they have a 25% bonus through end of April. I'm getting ready to book in May. I'll have to take a positioning flight but expecting a 50K biz class from US to FCO through CDG.
Yeah, we have about 250K left but I'm worried about all the INK denials, lol. We got two in January without issue but I usually think of URs just as Hyatt points. Meanwhile, we have a lot of MRs. But maybe I'll just do it, we'll just try to be careful applying for the next INKs--all the dps on here will be helpful in preparing for the next INK apps, likely in August or September

Last edited:
Yeah, we have about 250K left but I'm worried about all the INK denials, lol. We got two in January without issue but I usually think of URs just as Hyatt points. Meanwhile, we have a lot of MRs. But maybe I'll just do it, we'll just try to be careful applying for the next INKs--all the dps on here will be helpful in preparing for the next INK apps, likely in August or September

I think of URs as Hyatt too. Personally, even with the UR transfer bonus, I'd still use MRs.

Math justification - but of course everyone values their points differently. I value MRs with a floor value of 1.1 cpp (Schwab cashout even though I no longer have a Schwab) and URs at 1.5 (CSR portal). With the transfer bonus, it would cost 40k URs, floor value $600. 50k MRs, floor value $550. So I would still go with MRs.

DH got one back in October. We met the spend in late November right before the statement closing date. The miles did not actually become available until mid January, annoyingly. However, once available in the BIZ AA account, we were able to transfer them to my personal AA account, which was nice because then we could do a single reservation for both our flights returning from Japan this November. I like the ability to transfer to anyone from Biz AA account without paying fees. If the elevated Biz AA offer from Citi is still around in July, I might get it for myself to build our AA stash back up.

No issues. SUB posted last month. Transfer was easy once I saw where the business account was.

They'll approve without SUB, so I was a little paranoid about that. Triple checked my last SUB post date.

Can confirm that the employee does not need to be an authorized user on the card. Just listed on the biz site is enough
Thanks for the dps!

Yesterday I got a targeted email from Citi for a 80K AA Biz card with the same conditions as the 75K offer so I applied today through the email and got instant approval. My last SUB was in 2019 right before things went off the rails so I should be ok there. Helps take the sting out of the recent CIU denial lol. Next month I'll try to go thru DH's Amex link for a Surpass (I closed my Aspire a few months ago) and hope I don't get a popup.

I ended up cancelling my Amex Bonvoy Biz. Retention offer was 30,000 points for $5000 spend. I've got better places to spend $5K. I don't think I'll miss it.
Probably will let my Aspire go when it comes time. Too much work lol.
I just downgraded my Aspire (Ive had the other flavors already) because I agree, theyve really messed up the value. Hoping they'll offer me an upgrade offer in the future haha

I just downgraded my Aspire (Ive had the other flavors already) because I agree, theyve really messed up the value. Hoping they'll offer me an upgrade offer in the future haha
I've had my Hilton surpass for 20 years, never rec'd an upgrade offer! spend around 30k year on and already diamond though

p2's latest INK came yesterday which is great. Will hit that msr in no time.

need to do something to have a place for my MRs if I cancel my platinum. that's in June

stayed at hilton point at the peak last month for cactus league baseball. FN and points. they had a water park attached to hotel property. no micro in room but had coffee and fridge. breakfast or food credit was used in gift shop which also had starbucks (and microwave available). lots of hiking available in phoenix. rooms were king bed in back room. split bath in middle and small livingroom in front. had small balcony also. free water bottles in room. pool also at hotel which is open more hours than the water park. did a sunset jeep tour and had an amazing sunset. wanted to do botanical gardens but we ran out of time. we were only there for a long weekend. weather was amazing, 70-80 degrees.
That outdoor water park looks pretty cool! Is it warm enough to swim in March? Where did you do the jeep tour at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter