I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that a downgrade to the CF would be the way to go. The CIP would still give me the ability to us the UR portal and transfer the UR from the CF then?

I'm hoping that if we get enough travel deals DH will come around and then referring him would definitely be awesome.

You can product change to the CF if you like. What card would you be changing from? the CSP? If you got the CIP, you'd have the same redemption rate using UR's and you can transfer points from the CF to the CIP. You would lose the extra 1x on dining that you have using the CSP.

Just two chase cards in the last 24 months; one business and one personal southwest. I’ve got about $10k I need to pay, so looking to get the most out of it. I’m flexible in the rewards; I usually stick with Southwest or American Airlines, any major hotel brand, or AMEX membership rewards. If Chase URs are more lucrative, I’ll have to learn the program.

Not looking for an app-o-rama; just trying to get the most out of tax payments.

What is the Chase business card you opened already? If it isn't the CIP, I'd apply for that one. The 80k bonus is one of the best bonuses around right now.

I find UR's to be more valuable than MR's but it's because I like the transfers to Hyatt and SW. I also have done very well with booking Disney resorts through the UR site.

If I book our room at Universal (probably Royal Pacific)...

Any ideas to help offset food expenses? Airfare is already taken care of with SW Rapid Rewards.
If you collect Chase Ultimate Rewards, the CSR earns 3x UR on restaurants, and also 3x on travel. I believe you can charge all of your in-park meals and purchases to your room, which would code as travel when you check out. So you can earn 3x on anything you buy during your park time. Or 2x with the CSP.

I've been browsing this thread for the past few weeks trying to absorb everything!
We have always been a charge everything and pay the bill in full family, but always just used our Disney card.

In January I applied for the CSP and we've met the spend on that. Last month I referred my DH to the jetblue card earning myself a referral bonus of 5000 trueblue points and after 1k spend he has earned 40000 trueblue points. I love JetBlue and have had their card since 2007 and just downgraded mine to the no fee version since DH now has the $99 one.

I am currently at 2/24 since I added myself as an AU on DH's JetBlue card. All my other cards are many years old (been a Disney card holder since Day One)

DH has no interest in anymore credit cards so I am on my own. I want more though! I really want a Freedom for the 5% quarterly categories, but not sure if that is my best next move.

My next travel goal is a trip to Disneyland in October for my son's 4th birthday. We usually fly JetBlue or Southwest. I only have about 2700 southwest points currently, and will have about 60k in jetblue once our points post.

What should be my next card? I occasionally sell on ebay so I'm willing to try for a "business" card.
CIP if you can handle $5k spend for 80,000 UR does have $95 annual fee, if not the CIC has a $3k spend for 50,000 UR no af and 5% back at office stores (gift cards!).

I have a new CSP and I'm trying to figure out exactly what my (soon to be) points are worth. If I earn 1 point per dollar at the grocery store, and spend $100, that's 100 points. Since my goal is paying for WDW resorts and/or park tickets, that means the points from that $100 grocery trip gives me about $1.25 towards a room (on the Chase portal), right?

I have a new CSP and I'm trying to figure out exactly what my (soon to be) points are worth. If I earn 1 point per dollar at the grocery store, and spend $100, that's 100 points. Since my goal is paying for WDW resorts and/or park tickets, that means the points from that $100 grocery trip gives me about $1.25 towards a room (on the Chase portal), right?
Yep - you got it! Are you working on the 50k sign up bonus currently too?

I'm so proud of DH. He just ordered us some shirts for our Disneyland trip online and before he did said "which one of these cards gets us more points through Paypal?" ::swoon:: :lovestruc

Well I was just inputting the last couple days charges from DH's CSR into YNAB and see that he spent $500 on Ticketmaster on his card. :headache: Meanwhile I am trying to meet MSR on the spg biz.:badpc::sad2::crazy2:

Yep - you got it! Are you working on the 50k sign up bonus currently too?

Yes, I'm 3 weeks in and about half way done :scared:. DS's college deposit definitely helped. My plan is for a CIP next as long as I can figure out how to do the MSR. I also really want a SPG. I would be able to use it near DS's college for when I'm there for the night and use the rewards at Swan. With the merger, I really don't know if I should get one or not. And I really want a CF for the 5x categories. So many cards...

Once I'm done with the MSR, it seems like I'll be better off using my Disney Premier for 2% back on groceries rather than the CSP.

Yes, I'm 3 weeks in and about half way done :scared:. DS's college deposit definitely helped. My plan is for a CIP next as long as I can figure out how to do the MSR. I also really want a SPG. I would be able to use it near DS's college for when I'm there for the night and use the rewards at Swan. With the merger, I really don't know if I should get one or not. And I really want a CF for the 5x categories. So many cards...

Once I'm done with the MSR, it seems like I'll be better off using my Disney Premier for 2% back on groceries rather than the CSP.
Can’t go wrong with a CIP :) CF is also tempting with the grocery 5% running thru 6/30. Sounds like you have a good strategy (and uses for all the points).

It’s hard to give a good recommendation on SPG right now. It could go back up to 35k at some point which would be great! Changes are also coming to the SPG/Marriott lineup but hard to say when. Regardless of what changes are made, having Marriott and SPG points probably won’t be a bad thing ;)

Ok I checked out the thread...tell me about this card please...... how do you 'easily' get the 20 swipes for 20% bonus? I'm curious (I checked incognito,only pulled a 10k offer for me) so if I did apply I'd use a referral- I wonder if they'd give it to me considering I already have the BCP card.....

Does it say there is a min purchase amount? If not you could buy 20 single bananas for 20 swipes, or something similar.

this works for 20 small charged anywhere? like online too?

no minimum purchase amount.

Another popular trick is to do $0.50 Amazon reloads.

This is exactly what I do to top off the 20 transactions a month, especially when I have transactions from Amex offers where I want to ensure I get the 20% bonus on. Reload to Amazon in various amounts between $0.50 and $0.60 over a few days. Give yourself a few extra days since unlike Chase, it’s based on post date; at least that’s been my experience thus far when transactions cut it close and I see it didn’t count on the transaction “wheel”, which helps you track them.

At one point, someone on reddit posted they bought 20 crickets at a pet store :rotfl2:

Well I called Hilton about my "non-cancellable/refundable" room for New Orleans next month. I sat on hold for awhile and the agent was able to lift the restriction and promised my 50,000 points would return to my account shortly. No penalty!

I'm sad I'm not making my trip but I'm being an adult and not spending excess cash.

Can’t go wrong with a CIP :) CF is also tempting with the grocery 5% running thru 6/30. Sounds like you have a good strategy (and uses for all the points).

It’s hard to give a good recommendation on SPG right now. It could go back up to 35k at some point which would be great! Changes are also coming to the SPG/Marriott lineup but hard to say when. Regardless of what changes are made, having Marriott and SPG points probably won’t be a bad thing ;)

Do you think there's any chance that SPG points will just go away in the near future?

Do you think there's any chance that SPG points will just go away in the near future?
Well...they have clearly established a 1:3 transfer to Marriott so they aren’t going away at least in that respect. They have also released details that both Amex and Chase will offer Marriott/SPG cards of some sort.

It’s possible that the SPG personal and SPG business cards as they currently exist will stop accepting applications at some point. Typically doctor of credit has seemed to figure out and release that info in advance so people can sneak in last minute applications. No guarantees though...and yes I realize I just typed A LOT of words to basically say nothing LOL!

Ouch! If you don’t want more coffee don’t forget you can buy 3rd party gift cards with amazon credit.

I went for the coffee. That Death Wish coffee is amazing.

I've been browsing this thread for the past few weeks trying to absorb everything!
We have always been a charge everything and pay the bill in full family, but always just used our Disney card.

In January I applied for the CSP and we've met the spend on that. Last month I referred my DH to the jetblue card earning myself a referral bonus of 5000 trueblue points and after 1k spend he has earned 40000 trueblue points. I love JetBlue and have had their card since 2007 and just downgraded mine to the no fee version since DH now has the $99 one.

I am currently at 2/24 since I added myself as an AU on DH's JetBlue card. All my other cards are many years old (been a Disney card holder since Day One)

DH has no interest in anymore credit cards so I am on my own. I want more though! I really want a Freedom for the 5% quarterly categories, but not sure if that is my best next move.

My next travel goal is a trip to Disneyland in October for my son's 4th birthday. We usually fly JetBlue or Southwest. I only have about 2700 southwest points currently, and will have about 60k in jetblue once our points post.

What should be my next card? I occasionally sell on ebay so I'm willing to try for a "business" card.

I will concur with everyone else so far and will suggest the CIP.

Ahhhh!! I'm learning UR's from the best! Sooner or later (actually later) I will get my own UR earning trifecta!

The trifecta a great goal, but if the UR points are the best for your needs, I will suggest going for a quadfecta.

This is the thought that keeps me up at night and shapes my nightmares.

DETAILS Released for rumored NEW SOUTHWEST card:
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-chase-will-launch-premium-southwest-card/

- $150 annual fee
- 70,000 point signup bonus (no mention of spend required)
- possible A1-A15 boarding upgrade (I really wonder about this one though - Southwest may be underestimating just how many of their flyers could potentially have this card)

EDIT: I’m honestly pretty shocked at that low of an AF. I eat my words from the other day...but it also isn’t much of a premium card if you ask me. (I interpet that to mean high AF and some premium benefits like travel reimbursements, TsaPre, etc.). That won’t stop me from wanting to apply though ;) haha!

Last edited:
You don’t need to be as crazy as some of us to generate a little stash of travel points or cash-back. With 3-4 cards a year you can still generate a nice return :)

Now wondering which of us on this thread are the crazy ones and where exactly do we draw that line :rotfl2: This would make for an interesting @SouthFayetteFan survey :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter