I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree about the proximity....love that our local airport is 10 minutes away vs driving 1-2 hrs to JFK or LGA.....
right now SW works great with the companion pass and booking with points...if I don’t have those then I’ll have to do more research...
We actually still have to drive 2 hours to our airport but it’s still better than the 5 hours to Chicago

Do SPG points earned from the spend of purchasing SPG points (if that makes sense) take longer to post than normal points? I purchased the max points of 30K SPG points for $682.50 a few days ago in order to buy a 7 nights Marriott N/F package. With that purchase, I'm still 2,316 Marriott (772 SPG) points short for the N/F. If I get double points on the SPG points purchase, I'll have enough. If not, I need to increase my spend on either the SPG or my Marriott biz card before the statements close. So, just looking for advice or data points on if I should expect those points to be in my account. Thank you!!!

Do SPG points earned from the spend of purchasing SPG points (if that makes sense) take longer to post than normal points? I purchased the max points of 30K SPG points for $682.50 a few days ago in order to buy a 7 nights Marriott N/F package. With that purchase, I'm still 2,316 Marriott (772 SPG) points short for the N/F. If I get double points on the SPG points purchase, I'll have enough. If not, I need to increase my spend on either the SPG or my Marriott biz card before the statements close. So, just looking for advice or data points on if I should expect those points to be in my account. Thank you!!!

your 2nd set of points should post with your regular spendings at the end of your statement.

So I called the number on the Barclays online status checker website now and the phone number says the automated application status checker is down. Then it says "thanks for your interest, goodbye." So clearly it's not just something with my application haha.

On another note, I think DH and I have probably received 20 different pieces of mail from Fidelity... We got 4 more today.

Thank you. So if I am understanding this correctly - if all tickets are booked as Award Travel, we will have to pay to check bags???

Edit - I would use the United CC to pay for taxes and fees - would that get me at least one checked bag?

We used all points once, and if we used the United card to pay the taxes, then we could get the free bag.

Unfortunately for us, I used a different card and we had to pay for the bags. Womp womp.

Do you have MR? They transfer to SPG.

I ordered my package too! Although it took longer than five minutes. I called the number directly on the nights and flights page and told her I wanted to book a 7 night package but the girl said I called the wrong department and gave me another number. I called and it was Marriott vacation club. So back I went to the original number and when I called again and explained what I wanted they transferred me to someone else who was able to book it. Felt like such a big to do and took about fifteen minutes. Not a huge deal but very annoying that she was so clueless about what I was calling for.

When I get my Marriott card and 75k points (was waiting out a referral issue from my BFF then got stuck at work and missed the 100k....i thought it would be up until midnight :sad:) I'll upgrade over to the cat 8 hopefully? Not sure how it will play out doing a current cat 8 property that's doing 5k points per night with a 1-5 cert. I already got my 120k sw RR points in the account though. Now for those Hawaii flights to be bookable through SW :bored:

My transferred points have still not shown up and I initiated last Friday.

We used all points once, and if we used the United card to pay the taxes, then we could get the free bag.

Unfortunately for us, I used a different card and we had to pay for the bags. Womp womp.

A couple of people on here have recently used the words, 'womp womp'.

I tried googling. It was pretty confusing.

What does it mean?

Edit: found something that seems to apply:

Definition of womp womp

womp womp
interjection
  • imitation of a sound effect traditionally used in cartoons after something unfortunate happens to a character. The second "womp" is spoken at a lower pitch. Almost always used sarcastically to indicate that the speaker doesn't care.

**I learn something new everyday!

Last edited:
Just a head’s up about those scammy calls I’m sure most of us get from time to time saying they can lower your credit card debt to 0% if we just press #1, blah, blah, blah.

I got one today that spoofed the caller ID to read “Chase.” Not cool or legal. But of course, these companies clearly don’t care about legal.

Definitely and it’s probably less crowded than Chicago ....we live on Long Island and are really lucky ISP is so close
In October with southwest we are going to Chicago but it says it’s at midway instead of the main airport. Idk it’s smaller or not

We have flown into, out of, and through MDW and it is a nice airport. Easy to navigate. Never been to ORD so can't compare, but I'd guess MDW is smaller.
Okay cool thanks! How early should we get to security? We normally only need an hour at our airport but it’s small.

In October with southwest we are going to Chicago but it says it’s at midway instead of the main airport. Idk it’s smaller or not
SW only flies out of Midway. AA and UA out of OHare. Miles apart. Entirely different airports on opposite sides of Chicago. OHare is huge, huge. Long lines, parking expensive and a looong walk. Midway is tiny in comparison, parking right across the street with a shuttle that takes 10-15 min. Lines are usually pretty short and quick.

Okay cool thanks! How early should we get to security? We normally only need an hour at our airport but it’s small.
An hour at MDW is usually fine though it does take time to park and shuttle if you’re driving.

ETA We usually give ourselves 2 hours to get to MDW and we live 40 min away with traffic. I’m looking at 6 am flights for one trip though and thinking about hotels nearby. There are quite a few within a mile or two, including Hyatt and Marriott

I'd say if you get to the airport with 2 hours until flight you'd be more than OK. We have precheck and generally arrive an hour before at home and 90mins before elsewhere...unless it is a known crazy day.

Ours should have 2 gates. It's only got 10 flights in and 10 out a day now. They only go to Denver, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Atlanta. And it's usually they just stop by Lincoln to drop people off/pick them up between those cities.

Actually when they added the Atlanta flight a few years back, a bunch of people started missing their flights because security couldn't handle the huge influx of passengers! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We did used to have direct service to Vegas... :rotfl:
I have been to the lovely Lincoln, NE airport several times for work between 2004-2006. We stayed at the Holiday Inn downtown. It’s amazing how many state capitals are in small cities and difficult to get to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter