I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only brought sneakers. Worse case I can buy crocs there.

Thank you so much for offering, that is so nice of you. but I actually got everything I wanted in the Lyft. I was shocked even frozen ever after had availability for later today. I’m hearing summer is the new dead time. We got Soarin, spaceship earth and figment. Epcot closes at 9 but then we are going to go to DHS because they close at 10:30 and we are hoping the new toy story waits aren’t insane then. I just checked and AS2 is at 25 and slinky dog is at 65. I’d wait that long for two new rides. We will also be going tomorrow am for extra magic hour at Hollywood and then hop to MK. We booked our fastpasses later in the day at magic kingdom and got our favorites.

We were just there 4th of July week. We were able to ride SDD with a 30 minute wait right at close. It is a great ride!! I wouldn't wait too long for AS2. Waits for TSM weren't too bad either at night without FP. Have a great time!!!

@Lain - Just want to say Thank You again.

I needed a new luggage set. Found one on sale at macysdotcom. Went through my united shopping portal as you suggested to get the initial 500 point miles for a purchase over $125. Then I used MPX to buy a macy's gift card - 3x points there - so got 488 miles. Then I will also get 10x for the purchase - that is another 1,630 miles. Total miles earned for something that needed to be bought - 2,618.
And I used my Discover IT card to pay for the mpx macy's card - 1% cash back now and 1% in February since I am in my first year with Discover IT.

And mpx worked flawlessly this time.

Need a lot more miles to fly 5 of us to Europe next summer, but I am making small dents here and there.

Now I have to hope to use my DH's united shopping portal for another purchase of $125. But we really don't need anything else.....

Last edited:

Need a lot more miles to fly 5 of us to Europe next summer, but I am making small dents here and there.

The thing is Will you find the Flights , Dates & Times that will accept the Airmiles that you have saved ?

Or will you find that you are " Stuck " with airmiles that you cannot use because they can only be used on

certain dates & times which are no good to you .

Well I have gone off the rails. SO and I woke up this am thinking what should we do today. Well we decided at 11:30 AM that we would be getting on a 2:20 flight to Orlando for one night at Disney World. I quick booked flights used Southwest points and the companion pass. It was expensive at 26,000 points so I had to transfer some from Chase. On the Lyft ride I called Chase trying to book a hotel and tickets. They were saying there was nothing available so I just got two day park hoppers with points. I booked pop at $200 on the Disney website and I’ll get $100 back from the CSR. left our apartment at 12 and got to BWI at 1. Boarding in 7 mins. This is so reckless but man it feels great. I’m a planner and have never done something like this. It is so fun and points made it all possible. I love you all.

Yaaay! I love reckless travel. Hope you are having an AMAZING time!

@Woodview I won't be stuck with useless miles. My DS can always fly home from school on united. And I have checked award flights for flights that are available and it seems doable. If it is not, I really won't lose anything since united flies in and out of my home airport and the airport closest to DS's school.

Or I can always use the miles to take a last minute, unplanned trip ala @speedyfishy. :yay:

quote[The thing is Will you find the Flights , Dates & Times that will accept the Airmiles that you have saved ?

Or will you find that you are " Stuck " with airmiles that you cannot use because they can only be used on

Woodview] quote

My daughter has been playing the points game back and forth to Europe and also across this country with airmiles and whatever programs she can find to fly free.

She just booked most of a trip to Spain (for 2) business class this morning. It takes time and attention, just like anything worth doing. She's travelling around thanksgiving and just decided on this trip in the past few months so has studied what she needed and accumulated the points and also had some already.

When I say most of the trip, she will be flying out of New York and we all live in Maryland, so she's got lots of options for that connect and will book it when the right combo comes along.

I don't fly so don't get into collecting miles except to gift my children with the occasional free flight, but I've watched her successfully do this since her college years - almost 20.

Everything requires work and putting the time in to understand the systems is not everyone's forte.

quote[The thing is Will you find the Flights , Dates & Times that will accept the Airmiles that you have saved ?

Woodview] quote

My daughter has been playing the points game back and forth to Europe and also across this country with airmiles and whatever programs she can find to fly free.

She just booked most of a trip to Spain (for 2) business class this morning. It takes time and attention, just like anything worth doing. She's travelling around thanksgiving and just decided on this trip in the past few months so has studied what she needed and accumulated the points and also had some already.

When I say most of the trip, she will be flying out of New York and we all live in Maryland, so she's got lots of options for that connect and will book it when the right combo comes along.

I don't fly so don't get into collecting miles except to gift my children with the occasional free flight, but I've watched her successfully do this since her college years - almost 20.

Everything requires work and putting the time in to understand the systems is not everyone's forte.

Sadly, we won't be flying business class if this trip actually happens. If it were just DH and I, we would have enough points. But to get 5 of us to our destination on points, it will be economy.

I have not paid for one singe flight for DS to fly to and from school, and I don't plan to.

Finally made it to a Walgreens since the category change. A ton of gift cards and they ended up taking my credit card to pay with no problem. The best part that is making me strangely happy is that the Disney ones weren’t the standard Mickey ones but $15 to $500 ones that had the princesses on them. I have never seen those before; definitely a keeper one I will transfer other cards too. :)

I needed a new luggage set. Found one on sale at macysdotcom. Went through my united shopping portal as you suggested to get the initial 500 point miles for a purchase over $125. Then I used MPX to buy a macy's gift card - 3x points there - so got 488 miles. Then I will also get 10x for the purchase - that is another 1,630 miles. Total miles earned for something that needed to be bought - 2,618.
And I used my Discover IT card to pay for the mpx macy's card - 1% cash back now and 1% in February since I am in my first year with Discover IT.

And mpx worked flawlessly this time.

Now I have to hope to use my DH's united shopping portal for another purchase of $125. But we really don't need anything else.....

Stacking ftw!

Finally made it to a Walgreens since the category change. A ton of gift cards and they ended up taking my credit card to pay with no problem. The best part that is making me strangely happy is that the Disney ones weren’t the standard Mickey ones but $15 to $500 ones that had the princesses on them. I have never seen those before; definitely a keeper one I will transfer other cards too. :)

Awesome! I need to grab a couple. As much as I love Mickey, I'm ready for some new designs!

SO, after saying I didn't want to be targeted for the BBP 20k offer...I remembered that I have college tuition to pay in the next month :cool1: So, now I want that 20k MR offer.

Unless someone has a better suggestion for a new card. I'm all ears :cutie:

Here is my last 24 mos:
CSR - 9/16
CSP - 1/17
CIP - 4/17
SW Premier - 6/17
Barclay Arrival+ - 9/17
BGR - 12/17
Delta Gold biz- 3/18
SPG - 4/18

DH's last 24 mos:
CSR - 3/17
CIP - 10/17
SPG - 1/18
SPG biz - 3/18
CIC - 6/18

I want to keep dh open to double dip the SW biz and a personal later this year. And he should not hit up Chase since he just got the CIC. BUT he could go for a personal card, or either one a biz with Amex (or another bank, I guess).

Any thoughts? We have no real travel goals. Life is kind of nuts with 4 kids (one FT college now...) and I'm really just hoping we can get to WDW next year sometime.

I checked out GCs at our local Walgreens but didn’t find anything I can use now. I don’t need Disney GCs right now. Restaurants are Discover bonus. So I need something for everyday expenses like groceries. I didn’t really expect Walmart or Target but has anyone seen grocery store GCs at Walgreens?

Welp I've been fighting really bad back spasms the past few days. I've had a messed up back for awhile and things got gnarly like a month ago and then got really bad this week. After not being able to sleep last night, my husband decided it was time to get me a new chair so I just parted with $500 and bought myself a new chair which will hopefully provide some relief and at least allow me to get comfortable once in awhile while my back heals. Of course I'm not meeting a MSR right now. When I started to protest about the spend and "waiting to sign up for something" - DH put his hand up and was like "Do you want to be able to walk when we travel or not?"

He won this round. Plus I'm so cheap. #ItsTrue :rolleyes:

He's almost got me convinced to retile the master bath shower (it needs done). I WILL be getting a new card before that project, gosh darn it!

Welp I've been fighting really bad back spasms the past few days. I've had a messed up back for awhile and things got gnarly like a month ago and then got really bad this week. After not being able to sleep last night, my husband decided it was time to get me a new chair so I just parted with $500 and bought myself a new chair which will hopefully provide some relief and at least allow me to get comfortable once in awhile while my back heals. Of course I'm not meeting a MSR right now. When I started to protest about the spend and "waiting to sign up for something" - DH put his hand up and was like "Do you want to be able to walk when we travel or not?"

He won this round. Plus I'm so cheap. #ItsTrue :rolleyes:

He's almost got me convinced to retile the master bath shower (it needs done). I WILL be getting a new card before that project, gosh darn it!
Glad your DH convinced you to do something for yourself. Hope it helps. A bad back is so hard to deal with.

Glad your DH convinced you to do something for yourself. Hope it helps. A bad back is so hard to deal with.

It's been pretty terrible to be honest, so I hope the chair helps.

I was honestly panicking about if this keeps dragging on that I won't be able to fly to Disney in the fall, etc. Probably irrational but still.

Today was successful. I had three Fastpasses at Epcot and then @bernina trasnfered me fastpasses for Alien Swirling Saucers and TSMM. Unfortunately, Slinky Dog went down but when we got off TSMM at 10:25 we saw it up and running. we ran and made it on the standby line before the park closed. It only was about a 25 min wait. It’s such a fun family coaster and it’s pretty intense considering the 38in height requirement. Toy Story Land was dead at 10 PM for a 10:30 closing. One person was ahead of us at Woodys lunchbox. 10 min waits for TSMM and AS2 at about 10:15. Definitely would recommend doing the land right before closing. It looks cool at night too.

Today was successful. I had three Fastpasses at Epcot and then @bernina trasnfered me fastpasses for Alien Swirling Saucers and TSMM. Unfortunately, Slinky Dog went down but when we got off TSMM at 10:25 we saw it up and running. we ran and made it on the standby line before the park closed. It only was about a 25 min wait. It’s such a fun family coaster and it’s pretty intense considering the 38in height requirement. Toy Story Land was dead at 10 PM for a 10:30 closing. One person was ahead of us at Woodys lunchbox. 10 min waits for TSMM and AS2 at about 10:15. Definitely would recommend doing the land right before closing. It looks cool at night too.

Thanks for sharing! Wish we could be there but it's fun living vicariously through you. And good tips for our next trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter