I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick DP - Just bought WDW tickets using UR. I called Chase travel and spoke with Candice. I told her I wanted to buy WDW tickets directly from Disney and not a third part. Less than 10 min later I got the confirmation # and was able to link to my Disney experience!:tigger:
I asked if it was possible to buy party tickets as well and she said it is! So in a couple weeks I will be calling her back and getting out Halloween Party tickets!:earboy2:
That was such an easy experience! I am very impressed!
Buy the way I just got those points deposited in my account last week! I guess I am a earn and burn them as fast as I can :moped:
I just want to update on my previous post about using UR points to get MNSSHP tickets.
I must say it was not as easy as getting park tickets. I had to HUCA once because the first girl had no clue and I called back again and got Amanda. The whole call took almost 1hr with most of the time on hold.
Chase cannot buy the party tickets online, they need to call in and book directly with Disney.
So I got 3 tickets for Oct 16 and booked a room at Pop for 1 night. Used a total of 31467 ur points with mine CSR.
Now we are all set for our vacation in October and only thing we paid for was our hotel room in AKL Kindani (I rented DVC points last November before I learned about this game):earboy2::maleficen

Can someone tell me where to find the list of abbreviations for this thread. I have sorted out a few of them, but not all. I have tried searching for a comprehensive list. I am assuming there is a list somewhere, right?
The DISchurners Wiki: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/wiki/index Has a link that says "Unsure of an Acronym" and it lists a lot of what we use.

I think SPG Lux is next. Still trying to decide on going for it on 8/23 or waiting until 10/14 when it's been 24 months since my last Marriott bonus. Is there still uncertainty about the 8/23 - 25 period (meaning if you wouldn't qualify on 8/26 because of the rules but are approved before 8/26, will you get the bonus)?

Yes, there’s still uncertainty on r/churning.

I’m going to go for the SPG Lux anyway.

Amex reps have told people applying for the SPG Biz that as long as you apply before 8/26, they’re eligible for the current bonus.

Others aren’t so sure and think Marriott is calling the shots. Particularly if whether you qualify for the welcome bonus (based on past bonuses you’ve received from Marriott) is checked against your Marriott account that you received another bonus in the past 24 months.

Can someone tell me where to find the list of abbreviations for this thread. I have sorted out a few of them, but not all. I have tried searching for a comprehensive list. I am assuming there is a list somewhere, right?
Oh and I just realized you aren't on DISchurners so you might want to join that too, lol. You need to be a reddit member and send @Lain, @Albort, @SouthFayetteFan a PM here to join.

Busy morning so far. Took DS to school, first day of 4th grade. Not sure how that happened so fast.

Then came home and cancelled SW card, downgraded Disney Premier and reduced CL, and cancelled my mom’s SPG Amex (got her to sign up only to transfer points to me) :surfweb:
Need to get DH to call for retention offer on his SW. interestingly, even though I told the Amex CSR I was cancelling due to being unable to travel anymore, she said she still had to offer retention bonus:20k points or $75 for 2k spend. SW card, CSR just said ok, bye.

Waiting for DHs PNC debit card/info to come, so I can set that up and get going on bank bonus.

That is a great idea! Will I have an easy time connecting the tickets to MDE to make FP+? Would this be better than the Walgreens gift card idea, which I am rethinking. I think I can make min spend without the WDW park tickets on second thought.

Also, wouldn't WDW be considered a travel category, if I bought directly through them?
Tickets from LMT club and Undercover Tourist work fine, I’ve done both with no issues. UT usually has a choice of e tickets (emailed) or hard tickets (mailed to you). E tickets are not refundable, I believe hard tickets still are if you haven’t linked them

That is a great idea! Will I have an easy time connecting the tickets to MDE to make FP+? Would this be better than the Walgreens gift card idea, which I am rethinking. I think I can make min spend without the WDW park tickets on second thought.
Overall depends on what tickets you want. What is their price on UCT vs Disney? Then decide is 5x UR worth more than 3x UR plus the cash discount? I think CIP plus UCT will be best.

My example: 7 day hoppers for 2 adults
$1043.70 from Disney, $959.78 from UCT ($83.92 less)

If I bought GCs from Walgreens with my Freedom to pay, I'd earn 5218.5 URs worth $78.28 ($1043.70*5*.015cpp)
If I bought from UCT with CIP, I'd earn 2879 URs worth $43.19, plus save $83.92

I would have gone with CIP in this case.

ETA: Have had no trouble linking UCT tickets to MDE

Last edited:

Also, wouldn't WDW be considered a travel category, if I bought directly through them?

Others can probably chime in on how to link tickets purchased on Undercover Tourist to MDE. It should not be difficult.

As for using Chase Freedom at Walgreens to buy Disney Gift Cards, it’s not a mutually exclusive idea. You can still use Disney Gift Cards for other out of pocket costs.

Do a rough comparison.

- If you buy Disney Gift Cards at Walgreens using Chase Freedom, you earn 5x UR; but you’ll have to spend those Disney Gift Cards directly with Disney to buy Parkhoppers at face value.

- If you buy discounted Parkhoppers from Undercover Tourist using CIP, you’ll earn 3x UR; but those Parkhoppers are already discounted some percentage off so that’s an upfront savings vs. getting an extra 2x UR points on the purchase.

If you buy Parkhoppers directly from Disney, it codes as Entertainment/Theme Parks, which will not trigger the 3x UR Travel category.

However, if you were staying onsite at a Disney resort property, and you bought the Parkhoppers at WDW and charged it to your room, then your room and all room charges would code as “Travel” if you pay for it with the CIP.

I've started meddling in the rewards game, but have a quick question. I signed my DH up for the CSP card about a month ago, if I sign up as an authorized user to get the bonus, can I still sign up for the card myself in a year or two and get a whole other sign up bonus or will I not count as a new user? Thanks!

I think SPG Lux is next. Still trying to decide on going for it on 8/23 or waiting until 10/14 when it's been 24 months since my last Marriott bonus. Is there still uncertainty about the 8/23 - 25 period (meaning if you wouldn't qualify on 8/26 because of the rules but are approved before 8/26, will you get the bonus)?
I'm with @Lain, I would think getting it in that window would grandfather you in. DH and I both have SPG biz and personals, and I have old Marriott personal. So DH shouldn't be locked out no matter what, and that's who I'd want to get it anyways. There are other cards I want for us more than a Marriott biz/personal, so I'm kissing them goodbye... And I'd like to get the CIP as soon as I'm under 5/24 in October.

I'm impatient though. DH is $180 into his $3k Hilton biz, but my car will supposedly be done this week and it will be $2k. If I buy our Universal tickets we will be way over then, so I want to space them out and do some on Hilton and some on Lux, so I want it to come out dang it! :rotfl:

Yes, there’s still uncertainty on r/churning.

I’m going to go for the SPG Lux anyway.

Amex reps have told people applying for the SPG Biz that as long as you apply before 8/26, they’re eligible for the current bonus.

Others aren’t so sure and think Marriott is calling the shots. Particularly if whether you qualify for the welcome bonus (based on past bonuses you’ve received from Marriott) is checked against your Marriott account that you received another bonus in the past 24 months.
Thanks for the update. I probably will play it safe then and wait until October. In the meantime, I'm super bored! Need to figure out 2019 and 2020 vacation plans and figure out how to work toward a goal I guess.

I have a question for my much more math inclined friends.
We have 4 AP to purchase before next May.
My thoughts: 10 day PH from UT $505. Save $71
Pay with CSR for 3x travel for 1515 UR
1515 UR = $21
Bridge these tickets to AP with discounted gift cards.
Am I missing anything?

I had no problem connecting my tickets from UT to my Disney app. I bought the e-ticket and one I received it I added the reservation# in the ticket to my Disney app and it linked no problem and I was able to book my fast passes.

Busy morning so far. Took DS to school, first day of 4th grade. Not sure how that happened so fast.

Then came home and cancelled SW card, downgraded Disney Premier and reduced CL, and cancelled my mom’s SPG Amex (got her to sign up only to transfer points to me) :surfweb:
Need to get DH to call for retention offer on his SW. interestingly, even though I told the Amex CSR I was cancelling due to being unable to travel anymore, she said she still had to offer retention bonus:20k points or $75 for 2k spend. SW card, CSR just said ok, bye.

Waiting for DHs PNC debit card/info to come, so I can set that up and get going on bank bonus.

Interesting about SW...it seemed that quite a few people here received some sort of credit to keep the card...my statement should close today...so I’ll be trying for a retention offer on my SW plus..will report back what happens

I've started meddling in the rewards game, but have a quick question. I signed my DH up for the CSP card about a month ago, if I sign up as an authorized user to get the bonus, can I still sign up for the card myself in a year or two and get a whole other sign up bonus or will I not count as a new user? Thanks!

Yes you can do it, but NO you should not do it. The AU card will count against your 5/24 count. Even if you think you will not get to 5 cards within the next 24 months you will be surprised how fast you can once you get into the game. I personally use my kids as AUs when needed or people say you can use his middle name or a nickname. Some people even use family pets. lol

You can sign up as an AU on your husbands card now and still get the bonus opening your own card ....the negative adding yourself as an AU..is it counts against Chases 5/24 rule...so I don’t recommend it

you will get the sign up bonus as long as you are under 5/24 with the AU. we usually recommend not adding AU to make it easier in the long run.

edit: heh, 3 ppl answered the same question in a row... see above!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter