I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's amazing. It was such a pain to get my GE appt. Also my TSA Agent was a bit odd (understatement), but she was nothing compared to one interviewing the poor guy sitting next to me in the office. He was a college kid and the agent didn't seem to understand that it's normal for kids in school to have a bunch of short term, part time jobs. Poor kid was there when I walked in and still there when I left.

None of us ever have our middle name on our tickets and we haven't had an issue so far. YMMV
McCarran is such an efficient airport. The TSA agents are so nice there compared to other airports.

I went ahead and booked a mock flight with SW RR points earlier today so I could cancel, just to see if Pre-Check showed up on my boarding pass. It wasn't there, so I cancelled. I figured it might take some time for the system to refresh? I'm still going to have to call SW to add my KTN to my current bookings.

McCarran is such an efficient airport. The TSA agents are so nice there compared to other airports.

I went ahead and booked a mock flight with SW RR points earlier today so I could cancel, just to see if Pre-Check showed up on my boarding pass. It wasn't there, so I cancelled. I figured it might take some time for the system to refresh? I'm still going to have to call SW to add my KTN to my current bookings.

Maybe. We didn't fly for at least a month after we got the GE so I'm not sure. My daughter did fly about a week later, but the ticket was bought long before she had her interview so we just figured it would work on her next flight and it did.

I have an :offtopic: post too...This trip I am planning for 16 people is completely stressing me out. I no longer want to be a TA. Not one who plans park days, dining, FP's and does a touring plan for 16 people. Booking rooms and seeing up DME is the easy part! Figuring out the dining for 16 people is going to be the death of me. Booking 16 people is only available at about 10 places...of which, about 6 are character meals, and these people are only wanting two character meals. They are willing to split 8/8 but not anymore than that, and I've called Disney and even calling doesn't open up a lot more options. Can I share what I currently have for them and you guys give me your thoughts? They have PH'ers, DDP and staying at BLT. Because we are always paying OOP, I've not been to some of these places. I'd love opinions from you all if you don't mind indulging me some with some OT stuff:

Arrival Day (everyone lands by 1:30)-March 11: 1900 PF 4:20 OR Crystal Palace 5:10 MK til close
March 12: Boma 5:35 Start day at AK
March 13: BOG 2:00 Start day at MK
March 14: 50's PT 2:30 Start day at DHS
March 15: Biergarten 6:10 Start day at Epcot
Departure day-March 16: Chef Mickey's 8:35 OR Ohana's 8:50 OR 1900 PF 9:35 (first flight out is at 1:30 and they are comfortable taking a taxi to MCO)

Open to ALL suggestions!!! There are 8 kids ranging in age from 18 down to 3. No one is character crazy nor are these every year Disney people. Most have never been, or not been in like 10 years.

Maybe. We didn't fly for at least a month after we got the GE so I'm not sure. My daughter did fly about a week later, but the ticket was bought long before she had her interview so we just figured it would work on her next flight and it did.
I just made another booking, just to see and it worked! the logo pulled up with the boarding pass!

Woo hoo!

I have an :offtopic: post too...This trip I am planning for 16 people is completely stressing me out. I no longer want to be a TA. Not one who plans park days, dining, FP's and does a touring plan for 16 people. Booking rooms and seeing up DME is the easy part! Figuring out the dining for 16 people is going to be the death of me. Booking 16 people is only available at about 10 places...of which, about 6 are character meals, and these people are only wanting two character meals. They are willing to split 8/8 but not anymore than that, and I've called Disney and even calling doesn't open up a lot more options. Can I share what I currently have for them and you guys give me your thoughts? They have PH'ers, DDP and staying at BLT. Because we are always paying OOP, I've not been to some of these places. I'd love opinions from you all if you don't mind indulging me some with some OT stuff:

Arrival Day (everyone lands by 1:30)-March 11: 1900 PF 4:20 OR Crystal Palace 5:10 MK til close
Departure day-March 16: Chef Mickey's 8:35 OR Ohana's 8:50 OR 1900 PF 9:35 (first flight out is at 1:30 and they are comfortable taking a taxi to MCO)

Open to ALL suggestions!!! There are 8 kids ranging in age from 18 down to 3. No one is character crazy nor are these every year Disney people. Most have never been, or not been in like 10 years.

We never get the dining plan, so I'm not sure what works best with that. But I'll say that Boma is great. CP is pretty good and so is 1900 PF. I'm not a buffet person, but whenever we stay at AKL we love having dinner at Boma. Sorry I can't be more help on the rest. We tried BOG, it was ok but one and done for us.

I just made another booking, just to see and it worked! the logo pulled up with the boarding pass!

Woo hoo!

YAY!

Boma is awesome. I have only been there for dinner, but I wouldn't hesitate to book another reservation to try out breakfast. I would skip BOG, as we went not that long ago and it just wasn't that great for the $$$. I went the year it opened and it was one of my favorites... it really went downhill IMO. Granted they are on DDP, I would rather spend the credits at CP. Between CM/Ohana/1900 PF, I would pick Ohana.

Boma is awesome. I have only been there for dinner, but I wouldn't hesitate to book another reservation to try out breakfast. I would skip BOG, as we went not that long ago and it just wasn't that great for the $$$. I went the year it opened and it was one of my favorites... it really went downhill IMO. Granted they are on DDP, I would rather spend the credits at CP. Between CM/Ohana/1900 PF, I would pick Ohana.

Thank you! We have been to BOG every year since it opened...and I have a dd who thinks she is Belle, lol, so I tend to indulge her a bit and we keep going to BOG. If we skip BOG, then I need to recommend 2 CS meals at MK since they are using a TS credit on departure morning. I could suggest Peco's Bills for lunch and maybe CHH for dinner..? I love ohana and PF so this is a huge toss up for me! May just come down to the timing.

I so appreciate your thoughts!!

ETA: I wish I could schedule them for a Boma b-fast but they are so aware of time since they only have 4 park days :( If they had a resort day, yeah, Boma seems like a great choice for breakfast!

Last edited:
We never get the dining plan, so I'm not sure what works best with that. But I'll say that Boma is great. CP is pretty good and so is 1900 PF. I'm not a buffet person, but whenever we stay at AKL we love having dinner at Boma. Sorry I can't be more help on the rest. We tried BOG, it was ok but one and done for us.

Glad to hear Boma was a hit for you! That is one we have never done.

Since there are young kids, I would go with both CP and CM. Even if they are not character crazy, it will help avoiding lines in the parks when the kids decide they need to see them. We love Boma! BOG was just ok for us. 50's PT is another of my kids favorite. We have never done Biergarten. Ohana is great, too, but with all the kids it is hard for me to say skip CM. :)

Yikes this scares me. I’m planning my wedding and I think a lot of family memebers will want to eat with SO and I. We maybe searching for more than 16. Were you booking right at 180 days?

I would pick Crystal Palace and then Chef Mickeys. Crystal Palace because it would be nice to eat in MK on their first day as opposed to leaving. I only went years ago so I can’t really say how the food is. Then I’d pick Chef Mickeys because it’s at their hotel. The others are a quick stop on the monorail but I think it’s just easier for them to stay at their hotel on departure day. Plus I loved Chef Mickeys breakfast.

Part of what I love about the lounges is that my DH is happy to get to the airport early. He usually wants to get there later than I do (I worry about missing a flight) and this pretty much solved that issue.

This. Now DH always wants to get to the airport early enough to enjoy the lounge. Before doing the lounge things I'd always worry we might be late.

It all looks good to me. I think any of the 3 on the departure day are fine. We've done all 3 numerous times and would do them again. Boma is my favorite buffet place. BOG is fine and should be experienced at least once. We've been numerous times for lunch and for dinner. 50's PT is fun if you get a good server and play along. Biergarten was ok but also should be experienced at least once. I prefer 1900 PF over Crystal Palace because I think the characters are way more fun. Plus that strawberry soup stuff is really good!

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is a lot of fun but it is outside the park. I find most adults and kids enjoy it very much, When we take the family this is always a request of the "can we go to" places to eat.

Our Thanksgiving weekend trip this year is both sides of the family which totals 16 too. DVC rooms at GF were the hardest to secure. I completely forgot about booking dining at 180 days. Fortunately, I managed to get Spirit of Aloha dinner show, Whispering Canyon (such fun) and Hoop Dee Doo. I'm happy to be doing HDD for the umpteenth time and beyond sad that it is going away.

Shoot, hope it gets here before we leave. I really want to be able to take advantage of the 20% off while in WDW, otherwise we don't eat out that much:(

Today I have been to the doctor, to the Social Security office and to the grocery store. Doctor about my hearing - audiologist says it's a medical problem so back to ENT next week. Medicare denied payment of my doctor bills, so hopefully that's fixed after my visit to SS. Somehow my name got scrambled.

At least I'm not hungry cause I ended my errands by buying groceries.

Then I started reading about people being disney'ed out and the new cost of AP's and I'm absolutely thankful to be going to Disney in 2 weeks and don't have to buy tickets.

I get the priced out and disney'ed out. It is expensive. And, I've had the disney'ed out trips. What brings it back for me is time away and the fun of having new people with me - grandchildren. And once I get home and winter is all around me, I just want to go back.
Yes! I almost sold out during that time when the girls were in college and off doing their own things but just rented the points for awhile. Now they have babies :) and it is the best taking them all.

Ironically, DH is not a sports fan, but DS is. He follows English Premier League soccer, NFL and NHL. We have loads of sports in Chicago, lots of choices, but he follows Packers, Bears, Blackhawks, all $$$. We do attend some of the soccer and hockey games which are cheaper. No football yet (as an Illinois alum, I was a season football ticket holder eons ago).
Lol our family too. My DH and younger DD are Packer fans and oldest (and smartest :) ) DD and I are Bears fans. I'm not going to lie we have had some hostile moments over the years. My youngest DD named her cat Raji - you probably have to be a Packers/Bears fan to get that insult. The Packers are my 2nd favorite team but if they are playing the Bears I HATE them :furious:, it's a weird dynamic I have going there. Also a really big fan of the Dolphins I have been to more actual Dolphins games than Bears or Packers combined. Love the Hawks :worship: grew up on the Cubs (funny story I had 45 stitches over my left eye from a fast pitch foul ball off the bat of Mark Grace). I used to bartend PT at the owners club at Wrigley and at the United Center for the Bulls games. Jeeze I guess I'm a little homesick.

Sorry but I just have to say this,” Boo black hawks!!!!” Okay I’m done lol. Dh likes the black hawks and I hate them!
o_O Boo you ;)

DS would like your DH. :thumbsup2
He tells me I’m a traitor because he likes Green Bay over Bears. My dad was a big Packers fan, so DS tells me “what would your father say? “ when I cheer for Bears. Lol. My dad was a Bears fan, until it came to Bears vs Packers. I grew up watching Bears and Blackhawks with my dad.
Grew up watching the Cubs with my mom and dad and everyone else in the neighborhood (not Mr. Rogers or Aaron's). I would like your dad!
:offtopic: but I’m more comfortable asking questions here than other threads lol. I know DVC has the gold pass, but do DVC members get discounts on Platinum Pass renewals? If so, does the renewal discount extend to household/family members?
They did, I haven't checked since the 16th and yes but their ID must have the same address as you.

WOW! I am really impressed that you got all of those reservations for that size party. I have not been to BOG in a couple of years but I think since you have it I would keep it, it is about the ambiance as much as anything. Half our party considers 50's a must do the other 1/2 not so much. I have never had a meal be a bust but haven't been in awhile, again the ambiance is key here also, I would keep it. I am not a fan of Chef Mickey's, would not go even if it were free, it is like Chuckie Cheese on steroids :yay:(or 40 pounds of sugar and red dye). I liked 1900 but it was a long time ago, of the 3 that is the one I personally would probably go with, unless your group is made up of 16, 5 year olds :) I do not envy you this chore, bad enough with 9.

:offtopic: but I’m more comfortable asking questions here than other threads lol. I know DVC has the gold pass, but do DVC members get discounts on Platinum Pass renewals? If so, does the renewal discount extend to household/family members?

DVC does indeed get a renewal discount on Platinum as well:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

Most people talk about only the Gold pass because it's cheaper, and because the only times that are blacked out by the Gold pass happen to also be the most expensive use of DVC points (so many people end up not traveling during that time). But Disney is happy to take your renewal dollars for Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus!

And yes, household members only (no family not living in the household though).

DH is a Blackhawks fan and a Steelers fan and he has lived in NH his whole life. Go Bruins! Go Patriots! Lol
DD and I plastered the house with Patriots stuff when the played against the Steelers last year.

We own DVC, but I don’t keep up on the ticket offers since we can get FL resident tickets...but if DVC offers discounts for the gold and platinum passes.....the renewal rate wil be less than buying a new pass. The discount extends to people living in your house..you have to be with them, show your DVC card to activate the pass ... and address on their id must match the address on your id

DH is a Blackhawks fan and a Steelers fan and he has lived in NH his whole life. Go Bruins! Go Patriots! Lol
DD and I plastered the house with Patriots stuff when the played against the Steelers last year.
Lots of sports fans here...our household roots for different teams too..
but for hockey everyone is a NY Islanders fan...on our first date DH took me to a Stanley Cup game in 1983
Baseball..we have Yankee, Met and Cardinal fans....Football...Patriot, Cowboy and Jets...

DVC does indeed get a renewal discount on Platinum as well:

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

Most people talk about only the Gold pass because it's cheaper, and because the only times that are blacked out by the Gold pass happen to also be the most expensive use of DVC points (so many people end up not traveling during that time). But Disney is happy to take your renewal dollars for Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus!

And yes, household members only (no family not living in the household though).

We own DVC, but I don’t keep up on the ticket offers since we can get FL resident tickets...but if DVC offers discounts for the gold and platinum passes.....the renewal rate wil be less than buying a new pass. The discount extends to people living in your house..you have to be with them, show your DVC card to activate the pass ... and address on their id must match the address on your id

Perfect, thank you! I have the gold pass, but one of my household family members has a platinum pass that will need to be renewed soon. The price increases won’t seem as bad with a discount!

I think Crystal Palace on the first day would be a good idea bc they will be so excited to be in MK :) Love, love Boma--it works really well for people with different likes and dislikes. BoG lunch is ok. We try to do it every trip mainly bc they have multiple interesting options that work for youngest dd's food allergies. Finding tables near each other for a group of 16 might be a bit tricky, though 2pm is late in lunch service. 50s PTC is a good choice for a group with lots of kids. Biergarten is a favorite when we go on extended-family trips :-)
Of the 3 options on departure day, I have only been to 1900 PF. Chef Mickey's has never appealed to our family because it seems so loud and chaotic from the monorail platform :duck: We cannot eat at Ohana bc older dd is allergic to soy :(

Best news to start the day - approved for CIP!! Applied impulsively on Monday and was getting 30 day message through last night. Call this morning and heard the lovely words "You have been approved!" Now to get it expedited....I have to call right? I don't have any Chase business cards so I can't SM from my personal login right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter